Technical Indicators Do they Assist ?

dear friends

I want to extend this thread :D by giving a simple example.

Below attached are ACC and BANKINDIA Futures EOD charts

What I have seen from this chart (& you too will see ;))

CASE 1 : ACC
Fall : After FULL MOON, starts falling
Rise : Starts rising just before 4-6 days (If I am not wrong it is called as QUARTER) of NEW MOON

CASE 2 : BANKINDIA
Fall : After FULL MOON, starts falling
Rise : Interesting !! Was following the same pattern (like ACC) but after May 2007, Starts rising just after NEW MOON.

What I want to say is whether MOON or any other planet have any kinda effect on Financial Markets should be decided by analyzing the past data.
And if it proves correct, then that data can be used as guidelines.

There might be some EXCEPTIONS (Well nobody is perfect)

Expecting lot of comments.......... :)

Have a nice day
JB

Attachments

Last edited:
HELLO,
UASHISH, & ALL OTHER FRIENDS.
This is very interesting thread of discussion,which i found by chance when visited this forum.Though i am not in a position to make any comment in this regard, because i am novice in this trading field and have not analysed or researched in this field. Still i am learning basics of this market, but astrology being my hobby and its avid reader, i can emphatically say from my experience that not only moon rather all other planets influence there effect on every event in day to day life, be it personal, social, economic,natural, political,etc................

Regards

krishna

dear friends

one more chart of ACC Futures EOD....
Here I have marked all the four important phases of moon viz

New Moon (means NO MOON :))
First Quarter
Full Moon
Last Quarter

There are other phases of moon but these are important
Also shown occurrence of Solar and Lunar Eclipse

but one problem.....I have done this from Jan 07 to till date.....:D
Its quite cumbersome to do this....got bored...

have a nice day
JB

Attachments

Hi Asish

I was expecting this thread to be quite interesting... But seems to lose track.. :)

Maybe during the weekend I will post my take on TA.

warm regards

Karthik
Hi karthikmarar,
I downloaded your answer to the question (Tecn.Indi-Do they assist?)
" A Guide to Technical Analysis - MACD " only yesterday from rapidshare, went through it several times and found it very illustrative and educative. Thanks to you man for throwing light on the indicator in such an easy and understanding way.
I think this is not the only article on use of indicators written by you. Can you please give a list of such articles and sources from where to get them, please ?
(I request fellow-members to pardon me, if this is not the thread to post this)
In search of articles on T/A,
instaalert.

U

uasish

Now this thread is drifting away from the main issue ,plz refocus ,Do technical indicators help in forecasting future ? Just to kick start the discussion i gave an example of Full Moon & New Moon in my 1st post.
Infact this observation
http://www.traderji.com/87147-post130.html
led me to experiment with past datas.Just to point out that maybe Technical has no role.No misunderstanding plz ,Maybe ,no conclusive statement.
Now for those ,believers of Lunar phase,can we say that in a rhytimic time period there was a repetative pattern ,which may have coincided with Lunar phase ,that means the repitation was in an interval of time sequential with Lunar phase.
Why i want to divert Lunar to time cycle is simple ;otherwise now astrology & other things will crop up.
There maybe a 'Cycle' in Mkt ,after the EW analysis ,the Cycle Analyst also stormed the TA arena.Plz let us not dilute our focus to Metaphysical things.

U

uasish

instaalert,
Infact i have that archived in my 4shared a/c,one of the best on MACD & normally give the link to all .

Asish

I don't know much about the effect of lunar cycle but can you please post more evidence to support the same?
dear uasish

Thats why I posted the above posts of mine... :)
I just want to show the CYCLIC effect. Nothing more....There is a change in trend. No astrology. No metaphysic.....

Also in older posts of this thread example on NIFTY was given using Lunar Cycle. I want to show that there might be some meaning in Lunar Analysis :) too. One can use it along with other TA indicator to protect the principal (atleast) and earn more :)

have a nice day
JB