Technical Analysis Learning

Whom should I go to for learning technical analysis in Banglore

• Total voters

aryan.

I have attended a few classes from Bharat Duggar..conducts approx 7-8 classes...liked him...was unable to continue due to busy personal and professional life...my vote goes to him....planning to complete the course in near future though...
What was the cost of the course?

I have attended a few classes from Bharat Duggar..conducts approx 7-8 classes...liked him...was unable to continue due to busy personal and professional life...my vote goes to him....planning to complete the course in near future though...
Hi Mr. Chulbul,

Can you share more about your experience. Just like Mr. Aryan and myself there would be many more who would be interested in the finer details.

Cost being one of them.

Then I had read that he deviates from books , suggests strategies on his experience - is it true? if yes, how good or bad they are

Your experience can help all of us.

thanks,
SWEET RITIKA

I would also request you Mr Chulbul and other fellow borders to caste your vote in the poll. that would help everybody in taking objective decisions.

SWEET RITIKA

Miss Ritika and other readers,

I have done two course on TA so far. One by Siddhartha Da and another by Bharat Dugar.

Both were superb. Here are the USPs for both guys -

Siddhartha Da - Superb presentation, easy explanation with no fuss. the presentation is so lucid and easy to understand. feels as if you are learning a b c. Practical examples were missing and no real life situations were discussed - may be becasue it was an introduction course

Bharat Dugar - Easy explaination + a lot of practical knowledge. Modifications to technical concepts to suit real market. One trap technique that he tought was suppppppppppppperrrrrb. I use it all the time.
However, so many modifications makes it complex at times. But looking at results, the complexities are worth the time and attention.

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to Banglore. Have been thinking of doing a technical analysis course from a long time.

Please help me in choosing the right option -
1) go for institutional - likes of NIIT
2) Unorganised indpendent analysts - many individuals teach - they do not have any academy or such stuff.

I have shortlisted the following names in the above 2 categories -

1)Institutional - Manipal Global, BIC, Viratech, kredent etc

2) Individuals - Srinivasan, Shrikanth, Bharat, Prashant etc

Not sure which one to take. Problem with institutial is that there knowledge is too bookish. no practical guide.
With individuals, you dont feel like trusting your money and are not sure whether they themselves know anything.

Online feedback and review about Viratech and one Bharat were good though. But would like to know about others before taking a final call.

Thanks in advance,
Sweet Ritika

Hi Would suggest you buy books-"Marting Pring-on TA". Dont waste your money on these so called trainers. They will tell you the same. Nothing much.

Hello Screentrader,

I appreciate your opinion. Books are indeed a man's best friend.

However, if books could give all the knowledge there would be no need for schools and colleges. Ultimately the teachers in school used the same examples in the book itself and work it out on the blackboard.

Atleast in the case of schools there was nothing called practical or field knowledge. However, in case of stock markets there is a lot of practicals that can be learnt which cannot be covered in any book.

But I do accept that this is a matter of opinion and perception. Those who think that books can suffice, I would agree that they should not take courses.

But for the rest of us - we need guidance. Paying a small fee to fast track the learning along with practical insights does not sound like a bad value proposition.

amsin21

My advise is to go for

NSE Certified Capital Market Professional (NCCMP)

NSE, in collaboration with reputed colleges and institutes in India, has been offering a short-term course called NSE Certified Capital Market Professional (NCCMP) since August 2009, in the campuses of the respective colleges/ institutes.

The aim of the NCCMP Program is to develop skills and competency in securities markets. It is a 100 hours program, spanning over 3 4 months and covering theoretical and practical training in subjects related to capital markets. Successful candidates are awarded joint certification from NSE and the concerned college. NCCMP covers the following subjects:

Equity markets
Debt markets
Derivatives
Macro economics
Technical analysis
Fundamental analysis

Also for video related training search and download

OTA > Acadamy of Learning > Part 1 - Professional Trader 16 DVD's , 12.6GB
OTA > Acadamy of Learning > Part 2 - Advance trading 400 Series 16 DVD's 11.2 GB

Steve Nison > Candle Charting Essentials & Beyond 6 DVD's 4.09 GB
Steve Nison > Candlesticks Re-Ignited 8 DVD's 1.77 GB

Hello Screentrader,

I appreciate your opinion. Books are indeed a man's best friend.

However, if books could give all the knowledge there would be no need for schools and colleges. Ultimately the teachers in school used the same examples in the book itself and work it out on the blackboard.

Atleast in the case of schools there was nothing called practical or field knowledge. However, in case of stock markets there is a lot of practicals that can be learnt which cannot be covered in any book.

But I do accept that this is a matter of opinion and perception. Those who think that books can suffice, I would agree that they should not take courses.

But for the rest of us - we need guidance. Paying a small fee to fast track the learning along with practical insights does not sound like a bad value proposition.
Hello RITIKA,
May I know where did you attaend the cource eventually and how do you fell about the cource. And also how long was the cource and the cost. thnak you...

Hi Vamsin,

Eventually, I went with the verdict on the blog. i.e Bharat

Here are the pros and cons

Pros -
1) He is a CMT - the only one in Bangalore and is a fund manager in a real estate company. So unlike other trainers, he is a guy who actualy trades for his living.
2) Very friendly. Makes the course fun
3) Challenges some bookish concepts. Asks you to avoid the bookish knowledge and use some practical techniques that he has arrived by modifying existing concepts.those minor modifications are simply the biggest reason for attending.
4) Not just a trainer, but your guide for stock market - He still responds to e-mails in case of querries.

Cons -
1) I did the course in his drawing room. Professional classroom atmosphere lacking. However he told he conducts seminars at other places like ICICI also.
2) He does not give any study material.
3) Does not cover everything the first time you go to him. Covers TA in two module - Intro and advanced. Advanced, can be done only 3-6 months after completion of intro. I have just done the intro. But intend to take up advanced in due course. Fees for advanced course is very high though.
4) Does not have many classes.Teaches only on Sundays. I had to wait for almost a month before he enrolled me. The waiting period kills.

My cost was 11k for the course.