Technical Analysis - Graduation Day :)

Arsenals I use for success in Trading ?

• Trading System and Trading Plan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jagankris

Trading Strategy/System has been build up in sideways market..was going good and looked like I can bet entire life on this.
I have narrated my bit,Seniors pls. look at it and correct my views.
It is simple.

1.One for sideways.
2.One for trending.

Once a stop hits in sideways trading system naturally it will be a breakout in and hence start using the trending system.

Once the stop hits in trending system then trend is nearing end or consolidation has started so start using the sideways system :).

fxgood

It is simple.

1.One for sideways.
2.One for trending.

Once a stop hits in sideways trading system naturally it will be a breakout in and hence start using the trending system.

Once the stop hits in trending system then trend is nearing end or consolidation has started so start using the sideways system :).
if this is so simple were are our millions ;)

4xpipcounter

Fxgood, it takes constant application and study, and your millions will be there.
Admittedly, it looks and sounds easier than it really is, but let's face it, the markets can only go up or down. We have the unfair advantage of a methodology that detects the markets' rhythms and moves.

if this is so simple were are our millions ;)

.Pride.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

oilman5

very good thread to read, some basic r added
1] professional trader aka trading pro : a person recruited by a Firm/broking house who supposed to trade RIGHT , to generate money out of fund, basically against a salary + profit share bonus.NATURALLY he has traded in past atleast 2 yr with profit generation consistently ,...........to get a job like that. yes he has many a tool/system in his arsenal , by which as per market character,......he synchronize suitable system.
He may be intraday player, so in real time can analyse MARKET ,..........understand where lies new money/order flow and make out of it.Definitely a random factor of error exists,..........and as per his system of defined stop.........cut out loss making trade.
IF he is short term player , enter only when his system suggest to enter,......book profit as generated by market.
2] Trading PROFESSIONALLY : here we give stress on earning continuously from market , with some characteristic behavior of a pro , syncronise with SELF. He dont trade other's money , but own,..........and use must not fail attitude,......a better business concept.
So as per individual choice , risk analysis, market understanding ..................someone trades professionally. YES they dont talk, just make money with skill, seat idle.........to avoid market changing condition.
Shrewd positional traders exist.......who using some macro/fundamental concept......adding timing factor also take out money from market.
others r novices, dreamer to become one of two mentioned above,...........and normally supply money to them by wrong trading.
HARDCORE behavior changing is reqd to become one of two.
AW10, ST can suggest further.
"the markets can only go up or down. We have the unfair advantage of a methodology that detects the markets' rhythms and moves"........a great comment by 4xpipcounter

jagankris

Adding 2 cents of mine.

Trading = "Your mistake is my money".
Taking money out from the pocket of a Newbie is easy than from the pocket of a professional.

Trading immature markets can be easy cake walk for the professionals.
But Trading mature markets is the challenge area even for professionals.

Professional traders - have the latest and the best arsenal in terms of SW's.
But again there also the stress on the gut is very much because they are competing among the professionals :).

The stress on developing the gut is given very important and hence it is important to trade few selective counters for evolving the gut.

"Area of gut" - I request a detailed explanation from our seniors.

very good thread to read, some basic r added
1] professional trader aka trading pro : a person recruited by a Firm/broking house who supposed to trade RIGHT , to generate money out of fund, basically against a salary + profit share bonus.NATURALLY he has traded in past atleast 2 yr with profit generation consistently ,...........to get a job like that. yes he has many a tool/system in his arsenal , by which as per market character,......he synchronize suitable system.
He may be intraday player, so in real time can analyse MARKET ,..........understand where lies new money/order flow and make out of it.Definitely a random factor of error exists,..........and as per his system of defined stop.........cut out loss making trade.
IF he is short term player , enter only when his system suggest to enter,......book profit as generated by market.
2] Trading PROFESSIONALLY : here we give stress on earning continuously from market , with some characteristic behavior of a pro , syncronise with SELF. He dont trade other's money , but own,..........and use must not fail attitude,......a better business concept.
So as per individual choice , risk analysis, market understanding ..................someone trades professionally. YES they dont talk, just make money with skill, seat idle.........to avoid market changing condition.
Shrewd positional traders exist.......who using some macro/fundamental concept......adding timing factor also take out money from market.
others r novices, dreamer to become one of two mentioned above,...........and normally supply money to them by wrong trading.
HARDCORE behavior changing is reqd to become one of two.
AW10, ST can suggest further.
"the markets can only go up or down. We have the unfair advantage of a methodology that detects the markets' rhythms and moves"........a great comment by 4xpipcounter

Last edited:

4xpipcounter

Oilman, I wanted to comment on this comment, ".to get a job like that. yes he has many a tool/system in his arsenal , by which as per market character,......he synchronize suitable system."

There is nothing elaborate needed to develop a suitable trading system. Everything I use to trade with is nothing but free software. Many of the big name brokerages have subdued themselves to a common malady, which is paralysis by analysis. The elaborate software they use also makes them "look" (key word) smart. It makes them appear they have information that no one else will ever be able to get access to. No one goes wrong by keeping it simple.

jagankris

Oilman, I wanted to comment on this comment, ".to get a job like that. yes he has many a tool/system in his arsenal , by which as per market character,......he synchronize suitable system."

There is nothing elaborate needed to develop a suitable trading system. Everything I use to trade with is nothing but free software. Many of the big name brokerages have subdued themselves to a common malady, which is paralysis by analysis. The elaborate software they use also makes them "look" (key word) smart. It makes them appear they have information that no one else will ever be able to get access to. No one goes wrong by keeping it simple.
Dear 4xpipcounter,

I am afraid Mr.oilman is correct here.

Professionals day traders go for several trades a day.

The professionals have the best in class SW's which are not affordable by the normal crowd and not even aware of the SW's or the advantages or the edge which provides them over the rest.

A professional working for a firm needs to make money out of the markets consistently since he is provided with the best in class of the sw's and he cannot blame the market conditions like much less privileged like the crowd.

He is expected to make money on any day/condition for he is equipped with enough capital/strategies/tools to trade the market conditions accordingly.

4xpipcounter

With all due respect to Oilman and you, let me address a couple of your statements.
Being properly capitalized is not relative to a quantity, but a position size based on a percentage of the total equity in the account. Brokers came out with the microlots with the idea that someone could enter the markets with only $25 and still start off making money.
Now, let's use some reverse logic making it relative to trading capital. Let's say someone uses 1 microlot on $1,000 (That is still not a lot of money, as we all know.). That is the same proportion at 1 lot on $100,000. My point is capital in the account should never be an issue.

The best thing at this point is use personal examples at the risk of sounding conceited. I am doing well in my trading and forecasting. I forecast on a weekly basis the 11 pairs I am most interested in trading. I track an additional 17 pairs for my trading pleasure, I forecast, almost on a daily basis, Nifty, because of the interest on this site, 3 commodities on a weekly basis because of some local interest, and any other markets someone is interested in. My forecasts are very accurate, for the most part. I'll be the first to come forth and say I miss it occasionally.
I use no paid software in making my trading decisions. I use only the ichiimoku cloud, a proprietary set of S&R's, stochastics, and TL's. That's it!
On an overall average, I have 85% winning trades (77% in March. Had a bad month.).

Most of these huge brokerage firms consider it a big deal if they are making 15% for their clients. I have a small portfolio that I left with a brokerage from a job I had 6 years ago. That portfolio is averaging 5% per year. They want to blame the economy. That little account I have is left open to simply make a point. Ichimoku, my S&R's, TL's, and stochastics have nothing to do with the economy, but the current pulse of the market.

These guys look intelligent. They talk some big talk. I appear to be a scrub peon next to those guys. I will boldly take their markets they track, apply my methodology to those markets, and then see who wins over the long run.

One of the biggest highlights in my trading career was in Oct. 2007. The DJIA was out of control. The economy, at that time, was looking very good. A broker was courting me to sell me their software, and was showing me how the DJIA was going to continue to 20,000. I told them they did not know what they were talking about (At that time it was in the 13,000's), and that it was headed to sub-10,000. They laughed me to scorn. What I told him, happened, and I never heard from him since.

All you need is a simple methodology that discerns whether the markets will go UP or DOWN. That's it! After you have mastered your own methodology, you will be wrong from time to time, but the gains will still be substantial. The markets can only go UP or DOWN. That's 50% just based on sheer probability--just like flipping a coin. Add to that a little additional discernability, do you honestly mean to tell me you can't be right 2/3 of the time?

One more point. If what we hear about these big brokerages was true (In lieu of what you said about all the elaborate software they have.), there would be no need for this web site. All of our money would be invested with them. We are all here because we know we can make more money on our own than with the help of these brokers who think they know it all.Many of us will succeed because we took the time to develop a methodology to discern the ups and down of the markets. Others will fail because they did not take their time to do the due diligence necessary to develop their trading skills.

Dear 4xpipcounter,

The professionals have the best in class SW's which are not affordable by the normal crowd and not even aware of the SW's or the advantages or the edge which provides them over the rest.

A professional working for a firm needs to make money out of the markets consistently since he is provided with the best in class of the sw's and he cannot blame the market conditions like much less privileged like the crowd.

He is expected to make money on any day/condition for he is equipped with enough capital/strategies/tools to trade the market conditions accordingly.

ashwani chadha

Dear 4xpipcounter,

thanks for this use full information