Swing Trading - My trades

kk82

Sesa Goa -
Strength seen returning after a long downtrend
Bullish engulfing on daily ,good vol, oversold oscillators
SL 173
target - around 196

The thing is that we can never be sure if these reversals are actual reversals or retracements in the downtrend, so its always better to book profits on a reasonable move or trail.
I have had several experiences when i waited for that big move after a possible reversal only to see the stock falling further after a small retracement.

If the intention is to hold for more than 2 weeks its better to go by a weekly reversal

kk82

Possible Cup and Handle
If breakout above the neckline target could be close to 1200..keeping this on radar

trade2411

Hi,
I trade in futures..I worked 8 years prior to that..So i had a safety net in place before i quit. Also the plan was to start working again if the trading was to be a an utter flop. Fortunately i guess i wont be back doing the programming again :)
I dont mind sending you my id in a PM.But i dont see an option to do that,,Or do one need to make a certain amount of posts before he can send a PM?
Hell with programming man :) , I sit infront of my office system cursing it from the time i reach to the time leave, Thinking "WHY THE HELL AM I DOING IT ". btw, which company did u work for?

You had a work ex of 8 yrs, so are you married too ? Hopefully you wont have to go back to programming and may you get the best in trading. I have been trading for about 4 years and very recently i feel like i have stopped making losses and doing a net ZERO. I am thinking of getting into a position where i feel like i can make net profits and then quit, but that seems very far and hardly get any time to concentrate and backtest and plan my portfolio in the midst of my office stuff.

I am not convinced yet myself that i can make consistent profits if i quit, How was your feeling when you quit your job.. So many things to think about if one has to quit , mainly the unplanned expenses like the medical ones..

kk82

Hell with programming man :) , I sit infront of my office system cursing it from the time i reach to the time leave, Thinking "WHY THE HELL AM I DOING IT ". btw, which company did u work for?

You had a work ex of 8 yrs, so are you married too ? Hopefully you wont have to go back to programming and may you get the best in trading. I have been trading for about 4 years and very recently i feel like i have stopped making losses and doing a net ZERO. I am thinking of getting into a position where i feel like i can make net profits and then quit, but that seems very far and hardly get any time to concentrate and backtest and plan my portfolio in the midst of my office stuff.

I am not convinced yet myself that i can make consistent profits if i quit, How was your feeling when you quit your job.. So many things to think about if one has to quit , mainly the unplanned expenses like the medical ones..
Hello,
I worked 6 yrs with infy and 1.5 with cts..yes i am married and have a 1 year old daughter now :)
Even i have been trading for like 4 years now i think..like i said that safety net is very important and everything including medicals should be anticipated...
When i quit the job i knew it was a risk that i was taking but a calculated one..So far its been going ok for me..And i wish u the very best...Good luck!

kk82

Bought Tata steel feb futures at 410..
So holding kotak and tata steel now
I generally try to hold not more than 2 stocks at a time when a lot of volatility is expected (rbi policy meeting tomorrow)

umangn

What do you think on Prime Focus as of now. Seems to be a lot of interest in it considering they just cracked a deal. Please have a look at the charts.

Macd just crossed over . And the next resistance is around 53. Looks like a buy. would love a second opinion! :thumb:

kk82

What do you think on Prime Focus as of now. Seems to be a lot of interest in it considering they just cracked a deal. Please have a look at the charts.

Macd just crossed over . And the next resistance is around 53. Looks like a buy. would love a second opinion! :thumb:
Hi umangn

Its not a stock that i track for trading or investment...But looking at the charts it broke out of a range and closed above a lot of major MA 's yesterday with good volumes..and looks like there is followup buying today..some profit booking might come i guess, as generally happens when these deals are cracked///like they say buy on rumors sell on news...good luck
and next res looks to be around 52..