Swing Trading - My trades

kk82

Hi guys,
Its been 2 years now since i left my job to pursue trading as a full time job.I had my ups and downs but i have hung on. Now i have started to show some consistency.So i have to decided to start this thread on Traderji , a forum which has helped me immensely..So i will post my swing trades here from today ..along with the reasons.If it benefits atleast one person i will be happy.Thank you..

kk82

I am long from 633..I have exited half and trailing now. For fresh buying its better once the channel breaks ..ie a close above 677.
All oscillators are up ( not shown in chart)
ADX =30

please note that The RBI policy is on 29th , so any negative news on that day can make the banking stocks crash .So at this point this is a risky trade.So please use strict SL or wait for a channel breakout for buying

Last edited:

kk82

Tata steel broke above the weekly downtrend line (pls check the chart)a few weeks back with good volume.Its now back to test the strength of that breakout. So now is a good time to buy with good risk reward ratio.

Daily charts had a hammer and also the oscillators in daily are in over sold. (chart not posted)

My SL for this is 398
Target 450+

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Its been 2 years now since i left my job to pursue trading as a full time job.I had my ups and downs but i have hung on. Now i have started to show some consistency.So i have to decided to start this thread on Traderji , a forum which has helped me immensely..So i will post my swing trades here from today ..along with the reasons.If it benefits atleast one person i will be happy.Thank you..
Nice to hear that, I am too wanting to quit my job to pursue trading.. How has your trading been? hows it going.. I recently got married, So more responsibilities to think of before i can quit.

kk82

Nice to hear that, I am too wanting to quit my job to pursue trading.. How has your trading been? hows it going.. I recently got married, So more responsibilities to think of before i can quit.
Hi trade2411,
Its starting to go well for me ,but still a long way to go before i can make big profits consistently each month. Good luck and i hope you realize your dream.
My advice for you would be that before you quit your job divide your cash into 2 parts.
1) To be used for trading ie for margin and SL
2) For your and family's 1 year expenses .Never touch this money for trading.

And one thing that i have learned from experience is that nothing is more important than proper money management.

Good luck once again!

Rish

Hi trade2411,
Its starting to go well for me ,but still a long way to go before i can make big profits consistently each month. Good luck and i hope you realize your dream.
My advice for you would be that before you quit your job divide your cash into 2 parts.

And one thing that i have learned from experience is that nothing is more important than proper money management.

Good luck once again!
I feel 1 year expenses safety for family is not good enough depending trading, atleast 2 to 3 yrs if safe and secure if anything goes wrong.

Without good amount of experience in trading, quiting the job and trading is harm to Health and Wealth.

Take care.

kk82

I feel 1 year expenses safety for family is not good enough depending trading, atleast 2 to 3 yrs if safe and secure if anything goes wrong.

Without good amount of experience in trading, quiting the job and trading is harm to Health and Wealth.

Take care.
Rish i agree..1 year is the minimum needed is what i meant..Anything less would be highly risky.Ideally the more the better

Hi trade2411,

Good luck once again!
Thanks for your advices n views. If you are willing , I would like to more from you, how did you manage your trades and the two important years of expenses. Do you trade only equities or futures too ?
Can you share your id, i will write to you ..

kk82

Thanks for your advices n views. If you are willing , I would like to more from you, how did you manage your trades and the two important years of expenses. Do you trade only equities or futures too ?
Can you share your id, i will write to you ..
Hi,
I trade in futures..I worked 8 years prior to that..So i had a safety net in place before i quit. Also the plan was to start working again if the trading was to be a an utter flop. Fortunately i guess i wont be back doing the programming again :)
I dont mind sending you my id in a PM.But i dont see an option to do that,,Or do one need to make a certain amount of posts before he can send a PM?

kk82

Looking to buy JP Assoc tomorrow ( all are spot levels)

1) Piercing line in daily charts with good vol
2) rsi ,stoch oversold
3) took support near 200 ma

SL 82
Target 90-92
92 is a high resistance region based on volume profile