Silver below 18 $ and may reach 14 $ soon

Rish

since you mentioned last 5 years, i can agree with you somewht! still cant comment fully on which shares you bought at what price! also, in what allocation.

but the idea still remains the same that silver is speculation and stocks investment is real investing!
Silver is not at all a investment item in the long run. It may come down to 15$, as long as it was not used in manufacturing industry, it was a investment commodity. Now, it may fall below 15$ also. Only gold may be the investment commodity as such if it comes near 1280 dollar range.

Klewtar

i have no position and i am neiher buyer or seller even at this rate.
In 1979/1980 hunt brothers took position in silver. Price reached from $11 to $50 . Then crashed to $11. And then they filed chapter 11
Speculator bubble for silver in April 2011 also burst at 50 usd. Gold is the safer play in the long run but even that may drop down to 1,200 usd or 900 usd. Unless there's more speculator money being printed, the market may find the cost price of producing bullion before rebounding to its industrial value (for gold it is probably 1,200 usd) and then to its speculative top.

How many times has silver reached the usd 50 price point in the last 30 years? With inflation, the top of 2011 should have been more than 50 usd.

Last edited:

jamit_05

Lets think about Investing in Silver like you would for a company.

I am willing to invest in a company if:

1) I know that it won't go bye-bye during the next 10 years
2) My purchase price is at least 50% from the top. And buy at major monthly supports.
3) Also, if the company fundamentals continue to be good and yet share price falls 50% I will further buy.

In that respect, I know for sure, Infosys can go belly up but silver won't. All time high is $50. 150% room. First purchase at $20, which is a strong support. A safe bet. Next purchase, at $10, also a very strong support.

On the brighter side, it is likely that the precious metals re-gain mad demand due to instability in the world. Currently, it is the reverse cuz a couple of EU govs have sold to raise cash. But, it is very likely to recover. Even if it doesn't then holding it for dear life is not that bad a choice for diversification.
I guess what I meant was Silver is a safe bet at proper prices, cuz I have a plan. And I believe buying at $20 is a pretty good. If it crashed 50% I am not worried. I couldn't ask for more from my investment.

Out of 10 stocks I chose a few may stay still (like the Dodo), or flip on me and not give me dividends etc... n-number of things could go wrong. But with Silver it is simple... just the price... and only the price. Buy at right price and sell ONLY if it gives twice the FD returns. Simple enough.

MANISH_DAMANI

MANISH_DAMANI

You have to import it but same thing have to pay import duty. Islver is gone $24.475. Near 45000 -46000 opening 7% down.

MANISH_DAMANI

there is no way. Rbi has imposed dtrict restriction
That y I told he has import only. No other way.For that has to get import license and comply with other formalities.:):thumb:

Klewtar

Right now, a fund is better off converting silver holdings to gold. Silver's probably going to drop down to at least it's industrial value.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Trading Diary 2
P Metals 1
S Metals 0
P Metals 7
N Metals 51