SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

trade4putuval

Do not provide stock views here - A request

What is your view on relcap,ultratech and infy for this month?

My request to T4J is not to give his views on the stocks here. But then it is his thread :).

Personally, my view is that this strategy is a failure with stocks. Two reasons for the same:
  • Stock future exposure is very huge. Any wrong movement makes a huge dent in your capital. Two to three SL trades and your capital is wiped out.
  • As I said in my post earlier, 90% of the time it fails, and it works only 10% of the time, and you never know when that 10% happens. I still stand by my view on this because I want practical effectiveness, not theoretical effectiveness. By theory or paper trade, anybody can vouch for this strategy. But ask a trader who has followed this strategy, and he will have only burnt pockets, and lost opportunities.

So even then you still want to trade,
  • You should have a minimum capital base of 5L minimum to average out in case of wrong, but strong-convincing trade OR to stop out the trades, and do a new trade with the remaining capital.
  • Trade with stocks, not derivatives, with minimum quantity.
  • Do the homework yourself instead of asking the Trading Gurus. Their views can change anytime during the day because they have countless other strategies that will tell them to exit when they should exit. They will not be able to inform you immediately.

Re: Do not provide stock views here - A request

My request to T4J is not to give his views on the stocks here. But then it is his thread :).

Personally, my view is that this strategy is a failure with stocks. Two reasons for the same:
  • Stock future exposure is very huge. Any wrong movement makes a huge dent in your capital. Two to three SL trades and your capital is wiped out.
  • As I said in my post earlier, 90% of the time it fails, and it works only 10% of the time, and you never know when that 10% happens. I still stand by my view on this because I want practical effectiveness, not theoretical effectiveness. By theory or paper trade, anybody can vouch for this strategy. But ask a trader who has followed this strategy, and he will have only burnt pockets, and lost opportunities.

So even then you still want to trade,
  • You should have a minimum capital base of 5L minimum to average out in case of wrong, but strong-convincing trade OR to stop out the trades, and do a new trade with the remaining capital.
  • Trade with stocks, not derivatives, with minimum quantity.
  • Do the homework yourself instead of asking the Trading Gurus. Their views can change anytime during the day because they have countless other strategies that will tell them to exit when they should exit. They will not be able to inform you immediately.

Dear ,

Sh told since his 1st page..It works good for Nifty futures only.
But we are greedy to try out in stocks..

hmm

trade4putuval

Re: Do not provide stock views here - A request

Dear ,

Sh told since his 1st page..It works good for Nifty futures only.
But we are greedy to try out in stocks..

hmm

Too late to say Sorry (Hands burnt), but still ... Sorry Ma'am. ;)

bull SAR = 7706

No signal yet, Today's low was 7711.15.

This is how going by rule helps, really all credit goes to SH, a great person with simple strategy :)

Looking at SGX, it seems we will hit bull SAR tomorrow morning but then bear SAR is at 7800, very far, so as per rule, one has to wait for 15 ema to touch.
So as expected bull SAR hit at open.

Way SAR hit with big gap down, i was expecting to react down immediately after 15 ema touch, so 12:30 candle touched 15 ema and at same time i asked broker to short with 10 points SL.

7717 became TSL with bearish candle closed at 2 PM. Next candle broke low of this candle and was around 7670, so SL was around 48 points.

When i checked my account at night, i saw shorted at 7742 and high was also same. So wonderful strategy.

Nifty closed at 7622, i am still holding short, If gap down will exit and wait for 15 ema.

SAR = 7718
CMP = 7602
15 ema = 7675.

@T4P,
This is practical e.g. of how it works, i know every strategy has whipsaws, this also have but manytime with very good RR.

Let see how it goes.

trade4putuval

Yesterday was one lucky day. We need consistent results, not whipsaws. Our capital capacity cannot afford such whipsaws. So I will say yesterday's result falls in the 10%.

So as expected bull SAR hit at open.

Way SAR hit with big gap down, i was expecting to react down immediately after 15 ema touch, so 12:30 candle touched 15 ema and at same time i asked broker to short with 10 points SL.

7717 became TSL with bearish candle closed at 2 PM. Next candle broke low of this candle and was around 7670, so SL was around 48 points.

When i checked my account at night, i saw shorted at 7742 and high was also same. So wonderful strategy.

Nifty closed at 7622, i am still holding short, If gap down will exit and wait for 15 ema.

SAR = 7718
CMP = 7602
15 ema = 7675.

@T4P,
This is practical e.g. of how it works, i know every strategy has whipsaws, this also have but manytime with very good RR.

Let see how it goes.
11:30 candle closed so 7673 TSL.

TSL hit.

SAR = 7718.

Tomorrow RBI policy, let see how it goes.