Sensex heading to 12000 and below (opinion please)

Sensex is heading towards 12000 and below?

• Yes

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when the index was at 3000-4000 levels those who told about 25000, 40000 etc were treated as jokers.....does anyone remember a character called yasaswy of the harshad days......now it may look ridiculous , impossible etc when someone says 9000 or 6000 for the index......it may or may not come to pass , but the point is.....there is nothing that is impossible as far as market movement is concerned......those who had the power to bring in money through the backdoor under the guise of fii flows could manipulate the market to whatever level they desired.......and if their power stays we would still see 25000, 40000 etc ......but if for some reason those loopholes are plugged....we would see those 9000,6000 levels once again....!!

predicting the market is one thing and profiting from the market is another....as any trader would realise in due course.....!!

Kannanthanam sir..how old is traderji forums??

Who was the guy who predicted 25 k when sensex was 3 k?
:confused:
Well if you took it that someone predicted index 25000 in this forumsorry, that is not what I meant. This forum is going on for several years now.but still I would consider it relatively new..in the context of my stock market related readings that go back to the days of that two page market trends newsletter from one mansukhani of Bombay in the early eighties when index used to be in three digits !
Now I am writing from my memory as there are no archives of those pre internet agein the heady days when index reached 4000 for the first time ..i remember an analyst from Hyderabadyasaswy was telling about index reaching 25000 etc..though he was known among the market circles it never made any headline news those daysunlike in the recent instance when a sebi member wished that the index would reach 16000 when it was at 6000further I recall remembering that when I came across Glassmans Dow 36000 much later.well incidentally after that bubble burst and index languished for several years before reaching those values again and everybody forgot about all such talk till the next one the dotcom bubble!!

When people bought stocks hovering higher than 25 price earning ratios, they were not keen about "Inflation". Now the same stocks plunged lesser than 15 P/E, we talk about inflation. Dont we?

12000 figure is bit scary, but anything could happen!!!

Cheers
VG

Can't agree. The inflation figure after petrol/gas price hike is going to out next week Friday. And can't imagine what will happen with the market after seeing double digit inflation fig. Another big crash. :eek:

For oil/commodities to fall, there has to be a
1] Significant correction in the stock market [US severe recession?] causing commodity investors to switch to fairly valued equities.
2] or the federal reserve starts raising rates again which will inturn cause a severe recession and thus a further stock market correction.

Next year when the democrats come to power, they will be fighting outsourcing using everything they have.

Last edited:

jatayoo

Well if you took it that someone predicted index 25000 in this forumsorry, that is not what I meant. This forum is going on for several years now.but still I would consider it relatively new..in the context of my stock market related readings that go back to the days of that two page market trends newsletter from one mansukhani of Bombay in the early eighties when index used to be in three digits !
Now I am writing from my memory as there are no archives of those pre internet agein the heady days when index reached 4000 for the first time ..i remember an analyst from Hyderabadyasaswy was telling about index reaching 25000 etc..though he was known among the market circles it never made any headline news those daysunlike in the recent instance when a sebi member wished that the index would reach 16000 when it was at 6000further I recall remembering that when I came across Glassmans Dow 36000 much later.well incidentally after that bubble burst and index languished for several years before reaching those values again and everybody forgot about all such talk till the next one the dotcom bubble!!
HI
WHY DOES NOT ANY ANALYSTS SAY THAT THE FUNDAMENTALS HAVE CHANGED? 1) The global currency markets are in a tizz
2) USA has done whatever it could to help in the sub prime mess... the FED now says "no more interest rate cuts"
3) CRUDE has hurt and the full effects will sink in abt a quarter or two.
4) Inflation is now perhaps +9% on WPI & +12% on the retail side.It will not cool off in a hurry and is not like viral fever where 'crocin' brings the fever down.
5) Interest rate hikes will ome in for sure in the near future...... we will have to forsake growth to fight inflation. 6) Capex will slow down and some of it postponed.
7) FII money is not coming back in a hurry because the guys who bought it in are having a huge credit problem and have to first find money to meet redemption problems...watch Lehman for it's results next week.
7) I expect Q-3 FY09 NUMBERS TO BE AT ABT +18% SALES GROWTH AND +15% NP GROWTH.
Thus the economic pendulum is swinging down down down.... it started to do so in sept 07

Hello to all Please let me now the fate of sensex in june-july 2008
I feel that SENSEX will touch 10000 after July. . And very soon (May be in July itself .. will be lower than 12000...
So Hold your cash tight and sit back and relax.. This is confirmed that its not the right time to invest ...
Crude oil price may hit 170 $ till end of July... another factor is inflation.. Inflation will keep rising as like present situation if crude oil price goes up.
There is no any alternative to bring down inflation unless as I think we sign up treaty of gas pipe line wirh Iraq through Pak.
happy trading!

sudoku1

oh my......the analysts..... they tell...
>be in cash (SENSEX @ 18K)
>sit on cash (17 K)
>sleep on cash (16 K)
>sleep in cash (15 K)
>(14 K)live with the CRASH:D