Sbi Magnum Taxgain '93

Re: SBI Magnum Tax gain : Any chance for opening without the entry load??

Well ! Am I missing something. I was told NEVER opt for Dividend Re-Investment in a ELSS Tax scheme or you will be locked forever. If I am not wrong, why experts are recommending that here?? Please advise.

goni

Re: Sbi Taxgain

I want to add here that you can always change ur scheme from one option to other. Options are GROWTH ; DIVIDEND and DIVIDEND REINVESTMENT. You just have to drop an application for the same at ur nearest CAMS Centre. If you people don't know, CAMS is the 'Mutual Fund Processing Centre' for most of the schemes nearly 70%. Your broker also drops the applications there only. So, the life will be more easy for you people from now onwards and there will be nothing like stucking.
I hope that will be quite informative for my dear forum collegues.

Re: Sbi Taxgain

When the dividend is declared, it can be taxed.
Dividend Distribution tax I guess it is 20% for short term and 10% for long term.

Please correct me if it is incorrect.
I guess i got the answer for this dividend distribution tax is not applicable for equity funds. It is applicable only for debt funds.

has anyone got the divident credited to thier accounts which was declared on feb15th

I have not got it yet on icici have given ecs mandate anyone has got it yet ?

magnet

ya even i havent got the dividend yet in my local co-operative bank till yest evening.....my sis has got in directly in her hdfc online account for both last year and even this years investment..have mailed camsonline lets see whether i get any response of same or not