Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

Mr.G

Portfolio 2014

Nerolac will just do fine in long term, but it is also expensive,
Wabco and Vardhman Are cheap but does not score 5/5 in my list, only few stocks like alembic, amararaja, marico etc.. do.
To any critics, I would lend my advice that the time period for which this portfolio has continued is too small a measure to judge its success or failure.

Truly it can be criticized or applauded in 4 more years.

Jindal Sahab you have made a few expensive buys here. I want to see how the extra downside risk plays out. I am in no position to argue yet but there are some gems and a few dogs in this.

Please adjust for dividend reinvestment for more accurate showing of results.

Einstein

Some are expensive, yes i agree but not very expensive, I don't follow companies which are 20% expensive then the premium. But non of them is a bad business (so called dog.)

you said same thing for 2013 portfolio, that its too early to decide. do you remember? well then what do you say about portfolio 2013 now?? (polite way)

Mr.G

Some are expensive, yes i agree but not very expensive, I don't follow companies which are 20% expensive then the premium. But non of them is a bad business (so called dog.)

you said same thing for 2013 portfolio, that its too early to decide. do you remember? well then what do you say about portfolio 2013 now?? (polite way)

Dog is a mediocre company. As to regarding 2013 portfolio. We will decide in 2017.

As far as expensive companies go, All analysts use different values. There will always be an arbitrary difference in intrinsic as you, as an analyst are willing to give up higher premium (more risk) for a higher return. What may seem less expensive to you would be an exorbitant amount for me.

I dont take such high risk and that is why you will see by now that I dont frequently make investments. I dont see why you are taking so much risk. Why cant you wait for an undervalued market and bring in the big guns then? What is the need to constantly invest somewhere or the other?

All my questions are extremely polite please don't be hurt or angry, Your and my way of analysis are different.

Einstein

right, regarding the investments I would like to share something hope It would be helpful to new guns. My investment strategy is pretty simple buy and hold forever, It is much much profitable (as it compounds) and this is the only way Indians can hedge against the inflation. which is disastrous as it compounds over year. Hold Low risk- high return assets.

Warren buffett always said that while investing one should look at what the farm will produce over time, not the price of the farm fluctuating overtime. Im simply trying to procure as much valuable business as I can which are undervalued and have a sound business structure. all the companies in portfolio 2014 matches the criteria their earning power is very impressive.

You asked why I don't want for the next market crash like the rest of peoples here. for this I think i m influenced by buffett's early investments when his tutor ben graham told him to not to invest his 10000$ into stock market as the DOW was on 250 points and he should wait for DOW to come down, still buffett invested in stock market, and guess what DOW never saw its index below 250 ever again. If there is a cheap business I'll buy it no mater even if the Nifty is at 6600 or at 4500 and going down. no matter which party wins elections, no matter if the sectors is in bad shape.

another thing is that these portfolio were to test my investment strategy to decide which are cheap and which are expensive. and from last 2 years, I have been extremely accurate on my valuations.

Last edited:

Einstein

Create a new list of companies, will start looking at them carefully and post my analysis here. if anyone have to add any company or his portfolio please do now.

Company name
ABB
Aegis Logistics
Ahmednagar Forgings
Aries Agro
Arvind
Ashiana Housing
Astral Poly
Bata India
Bharat Electronics
Biocon
Bluestar
Bonbay Rayon
Colgate Palmolive
Coromandel int
divis laboratories
Fateway Distriparks
Future Retail
Gabriel India
Godfrey phillips
Greaves Cotton
GSPL
Gujarat Alkalies
Himatsingka Seide
Indian Hume Pipe
Kec International
KNR constructions
Kpit cummins
Merck
Moil
Motherson Sumi
Munjal Showa
Navneet publication
PFC
pipavav port
Praj Industries
sterlite tech
Sutlej textile
Symphony
Taj GVK hotels
Va tech wabag
Vadila healthcare

jamit_05

The list of companies show that the interest lies towards strong growth stocks. Hence, it does not matter whether one invest at Rs.9 or 19, when the share price is going to be 90 in a few years.

Correction is important if one is going to invest in companies that are not growing at strong pace, but just 5 odd percent a year or not at all. These are big companies, with a good amount of reliability. And this is what I want for my money: Moderate growth and strong stability. For ex. IDFC, Cipla, HDFCBank, Gail etc.

I could opt for super strong growth and sacrifice reliability, but then I do not have the heart for it. I cannot see the major bulk of my hard earned money in an iffy-state.

Besides, I am pretty aggressive as a trader, where I am hoping to see, lets say, a satisfying rate of growth of capital.

jamit_05

Another point, which deserves a fresh post.

I refrain from quoting Warren Buffet for a simple reason that he is THE Warren Buffet.

He has been a CEO of a handful companies by the time he was, what, 35. He has all sorts of financial engineers updating custom made reports, which in themselves deserve to be patented, and are super secretive. He works hand-in-glove with the company heads in which he has invested, else he won't put in a penny.

And all I get is an online annual report and a lot of hearsay. Therefore, I refrain to get carried away by WB's persona and focus on whats best for MY money. Cuz, sure as hell if it were to be washed away, then WB won't have as much as an opinion about it.