Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Not Happy

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Worst

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GV Narendra

Do you share these negative experiences with reliance. Is is reliable atleast 80% of the times or is it worse than that.

Your comments would be appreciated.

GV Narendra

Do you share these negative experiences with reliance. Is is reliable atleast 80% of the times or is it worse than that.

Your comments would be appreciated.
Hi coolblue
In my case I have not lost any money till now using Instatrade of Reliance Money. I had faced 2-3 times, a situation where my orders were not executed for which I do not worry since I seek the next opportunity to enter the market as per my TA.I am trading with 2 brokers. So if it is not executed in Instatrade I will just enter in the other brokerage platform. In my friends case he lost Rs 10000/ due to the malfunction of their server and we complained to Reliance Money and they found it to be true and they reimbursed the whole lost amount within 2 days and they have promised this will not happen again. Regarding the refreshment of the prices in Instatrade I have not faced any problem till today. Some people have faced prices not getting refreshed, this may be due to some specific problem which I also do not know. I use 3 computers. And in all the three I get correct refreshing of the prices. I have not faced any problem with customer service. As of now you may have to wait 5 to 10 minutes for the customer service for the reply which in due course may improve. My problem with instatrade platform is if you do not refresh any pages every 15 minutes you will have to relogin which I have complained.
gvnarendra

Last edited:
With due respect to the above article by gvnarendra, I would like to re-iterate that, rates are not being refreshed, since I compare the rate with IB's PIB. PIB rates are being refreshed every second, where as insta trade shows the rates atleast 5 minutes past.

Regarding customer service, I wonder how u get reply in 5 to 10 minutes. I do not get reply even after 10 days?. Perhaps, they are not able to understand my English language. When I requested to activate insta-trade, I was given new password for easytrade. In number of cases there hv been no reply to my query. For example, I wanted to know if it is possible to view the ledger balance from any particular date. Similarly, I wanted to know as to how one can view the contract notes details for a particular date. There is no answer from the customer service.

With due respect to the above article by gvnarendra, I would like to re-iterate that, rates are not being refreshed, since I compare the rate with IB's PIB. PIB rates are being refreshed every second, where as insta trade shows the rates atleast 5 minutes past.
Hi bangerabs,
I would like to give you one suggestion regarding the refreshing of prices in Instatrade. If you have installed Nortron antivirus Internet security disable the internet security (the firewall of Nortron antivirus). Sometimes the firewall stops the refreshing of instatrade. Also you can try the same thing with windows firewall. This I am telling you with my experince in my computers. If you have installed any other firewalls disable that and see the result. If you are not satisfied you can always revert it to the previous settings.
gvnarendra

GV Narendra

That is absolutely right. Even my angel software had refreshing problem until i disabled Norton firewall during trading hours. Also Sun Java must be disabled in your IE browser settings for Instatrade.

BTW just received my reliance trading kit today. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

pakatil

Please do not compromise the general Security of the Computer by disabling Firewall or disabling popup blocker in IE etc. You can configure all of these to only allow access of Trading Sites like Reliance, Angel etc.

Unfortunately the support teams of all the Broking Houses, suggest at the first instance to disable all the security features.

Cheers
PAKatil

Today, I am expecting Reliance man to visit me in connection with opening a/c. That time, I shall discuss with him. I understand that, removing Fire Wall may result in PC getting virus. Recently, I had serious problem with virus, due to which, I had to go-in for new PC costing 28.5K.. Hence, I am afraid.

Today, I am expecting Reliance man to visit me in connection with opening a/c. That time, I shall discuss with him. I understand that, removing Fire Wall may result in PC getting virus. Recently, I had serious problem with virus, due to which, I had to go-in for new PC costing 28.5K.. Hence, I am afraid.
Hi bangerabs,
If you have original operating software like windows xp and a good original antivirus solution you can forget the firewall in my experience(for an individual). I had lot of problems in my computers. But once I changed the Operating Software and a good virus package(I am using Escan antivirus professional) my computers have not given any slightest trouble at all. I have disabled the firewall and have not faced any trouble. But for an institutions they may have to use a good firewall. For a serious trader these are the first and foremost basic things that one has to have. Otherwise one will always be struggling with the computers to run it rather than trade. I am not saying you are not having orginals. But I am saying it as a general rule for a good trader.
gvnarendra