Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

Charts from two different sources will never be same. They depend upon how the sample is taken by each source

john302928

Since the thread name mentions of Trade Tiger. so I am posting this here.
Do we have any utility that can feed data from Trade Tiger (TT 2.4.9) to Amibroker.

Can RTD tool feed Amibroker From trade tiger?

I know there was a utility created few years ago by Josh which worked as below
TT (via snap to Excel)--> Snap.xls -->RTTiger.xlsm--> Amibroker.
But his utility is just not working for me. The rates in Trade tiger does not change no matter what. It simple does not pick up the updated quotes from the Snap.xls. If I save and close the Snap.xls and open it again and change the Quotes manually in it, then RTTiger.xlsm gets updated. It is only with Snap.xls opened from TT that has the issue. I wonder what the issue is here. Is TT opening the excel in safe mode or anything else. Could anybody figure out what is the issue there?

Here are few things that I tried
  1. (As mentioned above) Saving and closing Snap.xls and opening the Snap.xls (now the quotes from TT are stopped) and if I update the Quotes manually in Snap.xls then RTTiger.xlsm updates itself without any issues. but those aren't thee real quotes as I modified Snap.xls manually.
    I wonder TT is blocking something here.
  2. I saved the Snap to excel with ".xlsm" extension and I copied the macro from RTTiger.xlsm and the command button to it. All works without any issues.But it is a pain to do it every time.
  3. There should be two ways TT send quotes to Excel
    1. DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange)
      I checked with DDESpy to check whats going on, but all seem to be fine
    2. RTD (Real time data)
      There are no formulas or any reference RTDserver in the Snap.xls excel so I don't think that the data is transmitted through RTD
So finally, I have a few questions for you all.
  • There is no official word on whether the Josh Utility still works or not. Threads are inactive, no one responds there. Is the Josh Utility still working for anyone? If yes what is version of TT?
  • Does anybody have any other working utility for TT to Amibroker?
  • Any suggestions\ finding anyone has? I can provide technical expertise I am a S/W engineer for last 10 years. I know programming. I am ready to help.
Hello H1644158, Could you please message me to my gmail. My user id is my gmail. I would like to discuss with you about pydownloader

Hi Guys,

I am using RTD 1.5 with Nest 3.14.4.. when i am backfilling data using nest the volume is not captured properly. It is showing in decimals, please help to fix it..

dsf.png

josh1

Hi Guys,

I am using RTD 1.5 with Nest 3.14.4.. when i am backfilling data using nest the volume is not captured properly. It is showing in decimals, please help to fix it..

View attachment 26439
Check RTD1.format file in formats folder. Compare with data received in temporary folder.

I did. Could not find the cause. Still thinking.
I also desperately want to fix this problem, today by trying various trial and error, I fixed this from excel to amibroker by DDE plugin way, =RTD("nest.scriprtd",,"Nifty 50","Index Value") ; this gives me only 2 digits, like 10; to ======>>> =RTD("nest.scriprtd",,"Nifty 50","Index Value") * 1 ; just multiplying with 1 ( *1) but I'm not a software person so could not do it on RTDMan.exe.Dear Joshji, I hope you will fix it.

Attachments

VJAY

hi @josh1 i use zerodha nest 3.14.4 and rtd 1.5 i try to backfill crude data but i face issue like this pls give solution

View attachment 26503
close RTD and nest and restart it ...before backfill first startRTD......This may help you..For me its solved problem...check it

john302928

Could anyone please help, I am using nest 3.14.4 with RTD 1.5 (both are run as admin). I am getting this error.Since the day i moved to 3.14.4, I have never been able to stream live data. Please let me know if someone has solution for this. My broker doesnt provide the 3.11.1 anymore so I cant go back to it.
1531292791694.png

josh1

Could anyone please help, I am using nest 3.14.4 with RTD 1.5 (both are run as admin). I am getting this error.Since the day i moved to 3.14.4, I have never been able to stream live data. Please let me know if someone has solution for this. My broker doesnt provide the 3.11.1 anymore so I cant go back to it. View attachment 26518
If you are trading on NSE scrips only, ask your broker to provide NSENOW as trading platform. There is no solution currently for Nest Trader 3.14