Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Dear Josh1,
I am on Old timer from 2012, came back to download the latest RTD. But Now/Nest error, even after updating the details in the .ini file.
Please guide
Thank you.

@urabpr01
Which version of NestTrader you are using.
If above v 3.11 (say 3.13, 3.14 or 3.15), then there are some problems in using RTD, particularly with backfill

hello josh, recently i came across DartStock from Upstox and its fine and excellent...... somehow from the help of one of the members of traderji, the data from the terminal to amibroker was possible very easily but the backfilling is a problem some......... can u help in this regard

arey bhai, its simple
if the trading system/platform has link to excel feature then one can get real time quotes (may be with some adjustment) but backfill is the main issue with such systems, even nesttrader of later versions has this issue.

josh1

Since the thread name mentions of Trade Tiger. so I am posting this here.
Do we have any utility that can feed data from Trade Tiger (TT 2.4.9) to Amibroker.

Can RTD tool feed Amibroker From trade tiger?

I know there was a utility created few years ago by Josh which worked as below
TT (via snap to Excel)--> Snap.xls -->RTTiger.xlsm--> Amibroker.
But his utility is just not working for me. The rates in Trade tiger does not change no matter what. It simple does not pick up the updated quotes from the Snap.xls. If I save and close the Snap.xls and open it again and change the Quotes manually in it, then RTTiger.xlsm gets updated. It is only with Snap.xls opened from TT that has the issue. I wonder what the issue is here. Is TT opening the excel in safe mode or anything else. Could anybody figure out what is the issue there?

Here are few things that I tried
  1. (As mentioned above) Saving and closing Snap.xls and opening the Snap.xls (now the quotes from TT are stopped) and if I update the Quotes manually in Snap.xls then RTTiger.xlsm updates itself without any issues. but those aren't thee real quotes as I modified Snap.xls manually.
    I wonder TT is blocking something here.
  2. I saved the Snap to excel with ".xlsm" extension and I copied the macro from RTTiger.xlsm and the command button to it. All works without any issues.But it is a pain to do it every time.
  3. There should be two ways TT send quotes to Excel
    1. DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange)
      I checked with DDESpy to check whats going on, but all seem to be fine
    2. RTD (Real time data)
      There are no formulas or any reference RTDserver in the Snap.xls excel so I don't think that the data is transmitted through RTD
So finally, I have a few questions for you all.
  • There is no official word on whether the Josh Utility still works or not. Threads are inactive, no one responds there. Is the Josh Utility still working for anyone? If yes what is version of TT?
  • Does anybody have any other working utility for TT to Amibroker?
  • Any suggestions\ finding anyone has? I can provide technical expertise I am a S/W engineer for last 10 years. I know programming. I am ready to help.
Nobody ask questions there. Thread becomes dead. We will see on Monday afternoon
Send pm your tel. No

Facing a problem since morning (tried all hit an trial but in vain)
RTD v1.5, not pulling RealTime quotes but backfilling in working
RTDMan on clicking, start RTD, is blank. no error whatsoever.

BTW, till Friday it was working properly and no changes were made.

any reason for this problem,
any suggestion, any solution

Since the thread name mentions of Trade Tiger. so I am posting this here.
Do we have any utility that can feed data from Trade Tiger (TT 2.4.9) to Amibroker.

Can RTD tool feed Amibroker From trade tiger?

I know there was a utility created few years ago by Josh which worked as below
TT (via snap to Excel)--> Snap.xls -->RTTiger.xlsm--> Amibroker.
But his utility is just not working for me. The rates in Trade tiger does not change no matter what. It simple does not pick up the updated quotes from the Snap.xls. If I save and close the Snap.xls and open it again and change the Quotes manually in it, then RTTiger.xlsm gets updated. It is only with Snap.xls opened from TT that has the issue. I wonder what the issue is here. Is TT opening the excel in safe mode or anything else. Could anybody figure out what is the issue there?

Here are few things that I tried
  1. (As mentioned above) Saving and closing Snap.xls and opening the Snap.xls (now the quotes from TT are stopped) and if I update the Quotes manually in Snap.xls then RTTiger.xlsm updates itself without any issues. but those aren't thee real quotes as I modified Snap.xls manually.
    I wonder TT is blocking something here.
  2. I saved the Snap to excel with ".xlsm" extension and I copied the macro from RTTiger.xlsm and the command button to it. All works without any issues.But it is a pain to do it every time.
  3. There should be two ways TT send quotes to Excel
    1. DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange)
      I checked with DDESpy to check whats going on, but all seem to be fine
    2. RTD (Real time data)
      There are no formulas or any reference RTDserver in the Snap.xls excel so I don't think that the data is transmitted through RTD
So finally, I have a few questions for you all.
  • There is no official word on whether the Josh Utility still works or not. Threads are inactive, no one responds there. Is the Josh Utility still working for anyone? If yes what is version of TT?
  • Does anybody have any other working utility for TT to Amibroker?
  • Any suggestions\ finding anyone has? I can provide technical expertise I am a S/W engineer for last 10 years. I know programming. I am ready to help.
I recently used it , It works for me but yes quotes are not regularly updated to Amibroker , sometimes it stopped to update, though snap is changing price as per TT terminal but josh utility is not responding to such change. Currently I am using echart pro which has option to fetch data from TT.
However josh did a great job for the forum , gifted us a great software which helped us lot. Thanks to josh again.

While installing RTD 1.40 I dindt get the message where one has to click on "Yes to all" after clicking on "extract". Is this ok or will it create some problems?

Facing a problem since morning (tried all hit an trial but in vain)
RTD v1.5, not pulling RealTime quotes but backfilling in working
RTDMan on clicking, start RTD, is blank. no error whatsoever.

BTW, till Friday it was working properly and no changes were made.

any reason for this problem,
any suggestion, any solution

check excel link working ? if working well then uninstall/reinstall RTD 1.5..try again ..it was working well till now with me..