Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

john302928

Dear Josh
I am getting the following error. I restarted nest trader but still I am getting the same error. Could you please through some lights on it.Thanks

"Trading Symbol must be present in Market watch\n Right-Click on top of market watch and"

Hi
I got the issue solved by myself. I believe this error came because I didnt run the application as Admin. Later I ran the application with "Run as administrator" it worked fine. But not sure if this was the reason behind it.

john302928

Dear Josh,
I have few suggestions which you can add it if you have any plans to revise it to new version.
1. While back filling, we have to make a way to run the backfilling in the bacground. because in current version,nest trader comes to front often and it is not letting us to do some other activities.
2. While back filling for more scrips, if we want to stop the back fill, there is no provision in the current version. Not even able to exit the RTD. similar to "START RTD" and "STOP RTD", please provide "START BACK FILL" and "STOP BACK FILL".
3.While backfilling, the "Up to" time always selects system time. You can move this to settings section where one can set it as default settings. Once we save it in settings we dont need to change the Up to time details everytime.
4.Apart from "Select All","Deselect All" options in backfill and delete tick section, you can let the user to use Ctrl and Shift buttons. It will help a lot

Advanced feature suggestion:
Currently NEst allows to add maximum 100 scrips.We can make a way in RTD itself to create few market watches where we can add all the necessary scrips in that market watch and run back fill or real time feed using the selected market watches. say for example I already have 80 EQ scrips in my watchlist(which i cant delete daily) and I would want to download 1 min Intraday data for all options contracts of nifty and bank nifty. So it will exceed the limit of 100 scrips. What i do currently is that i add 20 option contracts and do the back fill then delete those 20 option contracts from my market watch and then add further 20 option contracts and do the back fill and it goes on and for every day which is a tedious job. Rather what we can do is that, once i add the 20 option contracts and finish the backfill, I can have an option to create a market watch in RTD itself and similarly for other contracts. And every day I can select these market watches from RTD itself and do the back fill. It will save lot of time.

Thank you

Dear Josh,
I have few suggestions which you can add it if you have any plans to revise it to new version.
1. While back filling, we have to make a way to run the backfilling in the bacground. because in current version,nest trader comes to front often and it is not letting us to do some other activities.
2. While back filling for more scrips, if we want to stop the back fill, there is no provision in the current version. Not even able to exit the RTD. similar to "START RTD" and "STOP RTD", please provide "START BACK FILL" and "STOP BACK FILL".
3.While backfilling, the "Up to" time always selects system time. You can move this to settings section where one can set it as default settings. Once we save it in settings we dont need to change the Up to time details everytime.
4.Apart from "Select All","Deselect All" options in backfill and delete tick section, you can let the user to use Ctrl and Shift buttons. It will help a lot

Advanced feature suggestion:
Currently NEst allows to add maximum 100 scrips.We can make a way in RTD itself to create few market watches where we can add all the necessary scrips in that market watch and run back fill or real time feed using the selected market watches. say for example I already have 80 EQ scrips in my watchlist(which i cant delete daily) and I would want to download 1 min Intraday data for all options contracts of nifty and bank nifty. So it will exceed the limit of 100 scrips. What i do currently is that i add 20 option contracts and do the back fill then delete those 20 option contracts from my market watch and then add further 20 option contracts and do the back fill and it goes on and for every day which is a tedious job. Rather what we can do is that, once i add the 20 option contracts and finish the backfill, I can have an option to create a market watch in RTD itself and similarly for other contracts. And every day I can select these market watches from RTD itself and do the back fill. It will save lot of time.

Thank you

1. Create as many MktWatch Groups as u wish in NEST.

2. Go to Mkwatch Groupsettings (Ctrl+G) in NEST.

3. Export & Save All ur Groups

4. Import Groups As and when u need. (Oh yeah this adresses ur request in other thread abt "Importing scrips to NEST" too).

5. Create as many RTD.ini files as ur Groups for each of the Group with respective scrips of each Group and keep them in a separate folder.

6. And now...............................use ur Brain.

john302928

1. Create as many MktWatch Groups as u wish in NEST.

2. Go to Mkwatch Groupsettings (Ctrl+G) in NEST.

3. Export & Save All ur Groups

4. Import Groups As and when u need. (Oh yeah this adresses ur request in other thread abt "Importing scrips to NEST" too).

5. Create as many RTD.ini files as ur Groups for each of the Group with respective scrips of each Group and keep them in a separate folder.

6. And now...............................use ur Brain.

Dear LOVEENAJYOTHI
My intention is to reduce the manual work as much as possible. Though your suggestion is good but still we have to import the group to nest trader each and every time manually. But in my method, we can have the market watch in RTD itself. all we have to do is just pick the market watch which is in RTD application.
At the moment I will definitely try to use your suggestion.I appreciate that.Thanks

josh1

Dear Friends
I am aware that we can manually right click and export it to excel/csv. But I am asking in this RTD software whether we can add that export to csv/xls/txt file for all the scrips in the market watch.
Look into Temperary CSV folder

josh1

Dear Josh/Shankar and fellow friends,
Can anyone help me to write excel macro to connect with Nest trader?
Nest trader is opened and minimized,and I want excel macro to (1)activate nest trader, (2)open the data table for the scrip in market watch, (3)copy the data table, paste in excel and (4)select the next scrip in market watch and do the same.

Could you please help me on this.Thanks
Not possible in Excel VBA. Too much coding :(

Dear Josh
I am getting the following error. I restarted nest trader but still I am getting the same error. Could you please through some lights on it.Thanks

"Trading Symbol must be present in Market watch\n Right-Click on top of market watch and"
Hi
I got the issue solved by myself. I believe this error came because I didnt run the application as Admin. Later I ran the application with "Run as administrator" it worked fine. But not sure if this was the reason behind it.
Watch the videos carefully.

Dear Josh,
1. Facility to hide is there in settings.
2. Uncheck remaining scrips manually.
3. and 4. Please go ahead and do the code changes. It is open source.

john302928

Hi
I was trying to back fill more than 25 scrips. But in RTD it it displays only 16 scrips for back fill. Is there any way that i can back fill for all the scrips which are in my nest trader market watch? Thanks

john302928

Not possible in Excel VBA. Too much coding :(

Watch the videos carefully.

1. Facility to hide is there in settings.
2. Uncheck remaining scrips manually.
3. and 4. Please go ahead and do the code changes. It is open source.
Dear Josh, Could you please confirm whether installing diskram software to create partition is mandatory?

john302928

I didnt install diskram. Because based on my understanding from Josh's videos, he created separate drive for this RTD process , using disk ram software. I already have GBs of space in my existing E drive. So I have given E drive settings to RTD.
I want to understand what is the purpose of diskram installation here. Can anyone provide any insights please? Thanks