Reading The Price Action

NANDAMAD

in post no.4 in 1st page anil sir refers to consolidation, acceleration and distribution. Kindly any one can expalin what is DISTRIBUTION?

NANDAMAD

Hi friends,

The same tata motors chart of yesterday i posted, but todays is a more detailed one, i am doing bar analysis on this chart, most of the readings mark on the chart itself.

The point i want to make today, is for validity of any pattern the position where its occurring is of prime importance, rather than indication by bar itself. I mean in consolidation zones majority of patterns are prone to failures, while if there is a evidence of prior trend and pattern occurred it will be most sought entry on charts.

On chart there is difference between simple reversal(marked by diamonds) and key reversal(green & Red bars), simple reversals are explained there, for key reversal refer following formulaes..

Key upside reversal - O<Ref(L,-1) AND (C>Ref(L,-1) OR (C>Ref(C,-1)))
Key downside reversal - O>Ref(H,-1) AND (C<Ref(H,-1) OR (C<Ref(C,-1)))

Now the question comes in wandering mind, how will the damn 'congestion' need to be identified...for this there is a simple reading you can do, hope it will serve your purpose.

RULE: ANY TIME PRICES OPEN OR CLOSE ON FOUR CONSECUTIVE BARS,
WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE RANGE OF A �MEASURING BAR,� YOU HAVE
CONGESTION. THIS IS REGARDLESS OF WHERE THE HIGHS AND LOWS MAY
BE LOCATED. A �MEASURING BAR� BECOMES SUCH BY VIRTUE OF ITS PRICE
RANGE CONTAINING THE OPENS OR CLOSES OF AT LEAST 3 OF 4
SUBSEQUENT PRICE BARS.

It has been taken from joe ross...the maker of famous 1-2-3 pattern

Apart from this studies, i am also always looking at weekly and monthly pivots, as you must know floor traders in early days would have great respect for daily pivots,as an investor on daily time frame i am more inclined towards weekly and monthly pivots, just overlay on chart and see the pivot strengths...pivot concepts today got well extended with camarilla and other pivots...most of traders i had interaction with study camarilla pivots, and they judge the day on the basis of it with respect to closing and pivot levels. i mean whether the day was extended day, rangebound day like that...

Thats for the day...need a break..wife calling!
O= open L=low c= close h= high pl tell me what is Ref?

niftyoption

Dear manojborle Sir,

Pls go through this chart , is it Woulf wave in bank nifty weekly chart

spot

manojborle

Dear manojborle Sir,

spot

First of all, No Sir please I am very young and inexperienced to be called Sir.
It's not a classic Wolfe wave I guess, Swings are not clear its more like a channel.

XRAY27

Dear manojborle Sir,

spot

Manoj will answer this ...i'm just adding my two bytes here... as the time taken from 1 to 3 is more then 3 to 5 they are not symmetrical in terms of time ,so it cannot be vaild wolfe...