Reading The Price Action

So as per our last exercise we got confluence zones, and now our focus will be on individual bar reading and special bar patterns, which is essential in your general trading too...

There are another set of bar patterns we will discuss it afterwards, first we will try to analyze inside and outside bars a crucial ones...

Hi,

Many of expert chartists here, dont like my way of seeing things, i mean they may say trading is not that simple, chart reading is not easier...so i agree but its better to learned prices behaviour first then you can overlay your indicators if at all you wanted...and yes there is no such thing or magic formula to beat market consistently other than your chart reading skills...so please spare me so called gurus, and you trade your system..nothing wrong in it..yes i agree this information is freely available on net...but the purpose here is not information sharing but organizing the way we look at chart...almost 90% of traders/investors whenever they open their charting platform, they see position of their indicators, and then see price...i am not in that category..sorry if you feel hurted...so although this things look simple, ask yourself whether you thought for once to study the price behaviour...
Interested may carry on, and tress passers please excuse me...hope i am clear now...

pundit

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge about trading the price action, I am studying technical analysis for last two year but not finding any organised way to use confluence of different indicators perhaps due to lack of time to study each and everything and hope to get this organised trading from this thread, pls cont to share.

Thanks again.

Also Thanks to Trader Dude share price action trading under thread " Price Action Trading Method"

Hi,

Many of expert chartists here, dont like my way of seeing things, i mean they may say trading is not that simple, chart reading is not easier...so i agree but its better to learned prices behaviour first then you can overlay your indicators if at all you wanted...and yes there is no such thing or magic formula to beat market consistently other than your chart reading skills...so please spare me so called gurus, and you trade your system..nothing wrong in it..yes i agree this information is freely available on net...but the purpose here is not information sharing but organizing the way we look at chart...almost 90% of traders/investors whenever they open their charting platform, they see position of their indicators, and then see price...i am not in that category..sorry if you feel hurted...so although this things look simple, ask yourself whether you thought for once to study the price behaviour...
Interested may carry on, and tress passers please excuse me...hope i am clear now...

anil_s_trivedi

A word about two- three bar patterns...
1)There should be something to reverse, i mean a preceeding strong trend, would have better chances of reverse than prior consolidation move
2) As there patterns come when price feel exhaustive, it may be temporary one
3) For added significance of this patterns, trendlines and moving averages works best

Outside Bars:
A bar whose trading range totally encompasses that of its predecessor

Watchable points:
1) Wider the better
2) Preceeding trend must be set
3) The more bars it encompasses better the signal
4) Volume -High
5) closing should be near to extreme, to add significance, i mean for preceeding uptrend a outside bar should have its closing near to lows to reverse the trend

Inside Bars:

Reflects a closer balance between buyer and sellers

Key Reversal Bars:

Pinocchio Bars
Here bulk of the trading place outside the previous trading range
Here upside breakout locks in impatient buyers and then reverse to down...in a similar way shorters got trapped at bottoms creating false breakouts...

These are must study bar patterns...i dont know what majority follows but i like to see both candlestick as well bar chart, sometimes longer term chart on line studies are good for trendlines...so it will all you learn with more the charts you see...for candlestick learners i have a tutorial by a trader, will post it ..try to go through them, will have good candlestick seeing experience...everybody shouts at candlestick patterns, but very few understands the logic behind that candlestick...see you soon...

anil_s_trivedi

Candlestick Reading:

This is a somewhat simpler approach many would love to watch it, specially those who missed price action.
Every candle formation reflects sentiment of traders, off course one side is buyer and other is seller, and candle reflects the agreement in between them.
1) Reading the candle on its close position

High close

- closing in upper third of candle range
-Reflects bullish sentiment

comparing (a) and (b) we see that (b) was able to drive prices higher from its open, showing very little resistance from the bears, whereas (a) initially fell from its open before being able to fight its way back higher. Candle (a) is potentially a little less bullish than candle (b). All of these candles from (a) to (f) are bullish; with a small difference in degree of bullishness.

Midclose Candle

-closing in the middle third of candle range
- Action here is neutral , as both sellers and buyers drive prices to extermes, but closes in middle third
-(i) for example is more on the bullish side of neutral compared with (l) which is on the bearish side of neutral.

Low close Candle

- closing in lower third of candle range
- Reflects bearish sentiment
- candle (m), for example, was only able to achieve a narrow range, while candle (o) demonstrated significant bearish pressure which drove price down a significant distance.

2) Closing comparison

We define a candle as a Bull Candle, Range Candle or Bear Candle, depending on where price closes with respect to the previous candles range.

A Bull Candle is one which closes above the high of the previous candles range. This is demonstrated via (a) to (c) in the examples shown below. Note that all three candles close above the high of the previous candle.

A Range Candle is one which closes within the range of the previous candle. This is demonstrated via (d) to (f) in the examples below. Note that all three candles close within the range of the previous candle.

A Bear Candle is one which closes below the low of the previous candles range. This is demonstrated via (g) to (i) in the examples below. Note that all three candles close below the low of the previous candle.

Candle (a) - High Close Bull Candle - Both the high close and the bull candle components represent bullishness. Combined, these two indicate strongly bullish sentiment.

candle (b) - Mid Close Bull Candle. Price once again closed above the prior candle, but this time with a neutral close at mid-candle. Although still bullish, sentiment is less bullish than example (a).

candle (c) - Low Close Bull Candle. it closed above the previous high, but higher prices were clearly rejected driving price to close near the low of the last candle. We have bullish sentiment (bull candle) combined with a bearish sentiment (low close). This is a weak bullish move.

candle (d) - High Close Range Candle.Individually this appears bullish, but comparing it with the previous candle we see fact that the high close candle is simply retracing approximately 50% of the previous strongly bearish low close candle. Combined, this is probably slightly on the bearish side of neutral.

candle (e) - Mid Close Range Candle.is clearly neutral with price testing higher and lower twice now before settling closer to mid-range of both candles. Neither side is showing dominance.

candle (f) - Low Close Range Candle; this combination is more on the bullish side of neutral, if appears at downtrend, and at tops it can have bearish effects

candle(g) - a High Close Bear Candle, which has clearly rejected lower prices and closed up at its highs. Still bearish, but showing some sign of bullish order flow opposing our bearish sentiment.

candle (h) - example (h) is somewhere in-between, demonstrating a Mid Close Bear Candle. Once again we have some bullish orderflow pushing price off the lows and opposing our bearish sentiment, but to a lesser degree than example (g).

candle (i) - Low Close Bear Candle, demonstrating extremely bearish sentiment, as both the Close Position and Close Comparison components imply bearishness.

Now you would be better be at chart reading, what is going on in prices, a fight among the buyers-sellers, and till one side surrender its aggressiveness or other way if one side looses its power, the other side takes on...

linkon7

Nice going...! Setting up the frame work of support resistance from 60 min time frame and using them as reference point in the trading time frame. Taking help of fibo level to measure range, range extension and retracement level to get a sense of momentum.

Finally a good thread on TJ... that i'll look forward to....! keep up the good work...!