Read values from now without excel

Hi All,

Below is the command which reads value from now to excel. Is there any way we can read this value without excel using VB script or something like that. Because using excel hangs some times. thanks in advance

=RTD("now.scriprtd",,"MktWatch","nse_cm|AUROPHARMA-EQ","Last Traded Price")

Last edited:

josh1

Hi All,

Below is the command which reads value from now to excel. Is there any way we can read this value without excel using VB script or something like that. Because using excel hangs some times. thanks in advance

=RTD("now.scriprtd",,"MktWatch","nse_cm|AUROPHARMA-EQ","Last Traded Price")
Yes. However, it is difficult. You will have to create RTD client in some language.

josh1

josh1

Server name is this - {A04A3240-D051-4b4c-B004-CA92151F11E5}

Use java if you want to. Means are not important but the result is.
We can create an RTD client that collects streaming quotes and push into Ami. There can be two ways to do this.
1. Accumulate quotes for multiple scrips in single Array. Save them in batches of (say 20) into ASCII files. Thereafter import into Ami asynchronusly. This will ensure that no quotes are missed. Ami is quite efficient at importing ASCII files.
2. Store quotes in multiple Arrays and push into Ami when quotes in array reach threshold.
Both can be done thru COM calls.

Server name is this - {A04A3240-D051-4b4c-B004-CA92151F11E5}

Use java if you want to. Means are not important but the result is.
We can create an RTD client that collects streaming quotes and push into Ami. There can be two ways to do this.
1. Accumulate quotes for multiple scrips in single Array. Save them in batches of (say 20) into ASCII files. Thereafter import into Ami asynchronusly. This will ensure that no quotes are missed. Ami is quite efficient at importing ASCII files.
2. Store quotes in multiple Arrays and push into Ami when quotes in array reach threshold.
Both can be done thru COM calls.
Thanks Josh. I will check it and get back to you

josh1

what is version? thanks
CurVer = s 'NOW.ScripRTD.1'
VersionIndependentProgID = s 'NOW.ScripRTD'

I do not know what that 's' after '=' sign means. I am taking these values from registry. I feel we should take values between single quotes.

josh1