Random thoughts on technical analysis

orderflow13

S & P 500 28/8/08

s&p 500 is rising with falling volumes(not in chart),no conviction there,everything suggesting to wait and watch for me,for today.but if i have to speculate i expecting a downside from here now on in s&p 500,and breakout below 1880 will confirm the downtrend.and close above 1315 will confirm uptrend.Also today is important day as i will watch the follow through closely after yesterdays imp day of breaking triangle,if there isnt no follow through then 7 out of 1o market fizzles down.i am waiting for your suggestions,and other fellow members. For me its no trade zone.

C

Czar

S & P 500 28/8/08

s&p 500 is rising with falling volumes(not in chart),no conviction there,everything suggesting to wait and watch for me,for today.but if i have to speculate i expecting a downside from here now on in s&p 500,and breakout below 1880 will confirm the downtrend.and close above 1315 will confirm uptrend.Also today is important day as i will watch the follow through closely after yesterdays imp day of breaking triangle,if there isnt no follow through then 7 out of 1o market fizzles down.i am waiting for your suggestions,and other fellow members. For me its no trade zone.
that even your 11 year old son could tell... tell me sumthing else :)

Well dow / s&p is bullish & trying to test the triangle B/O dont have hourly chart of dow to be precise... I find dow is stronger... only today I thought it was dangerous cause it tested the previous trend line break from downside & dint crossover yesterday... I expect 12300 dow & s&p 1330 approx, lets see

Re: Random thoghts on technical analysis

let me shoot a simple question at u???
how do u know tht the stock is trending or oscillating....pls dont tell me to luk at past data on the chart to explain it...i want sumthing for the right hand side of my chart, not the left hand side.
Analysing your chart from left is like postmortem which is easy and free,
Analysing your chart towards right is like operation, which is tough and most of the times it is " operation success patient died". a lot of permutation and combination required for it.
No one can tell the exact botton or the top. understanding the trend is the only way and technical analysis does it.

orderflow13

joke on a leading indicator
today i got a call from my trader friend,we were discussing on markets and where to look for getting early indications for our market,we discusses on usual suspects dow n crude,as we discuss here,then he told me very interesting story( i named it a wall street satire ) ..one day Robert Mugabe,who is Zimbabwe chief extended his helping hand to us fed chief Ben Bernanke,mugabe offered ben one months stay in Zimbabwe,so fed chief can see the economic situation first hand ( for whom ,they dont know about current zimbabwe situation here are few figures..A soft drink bottle of Coke in Zimbabwe will cost you $15 billion Zimbabwe dollars.

A piece of bread costs $30 billion Zimbabwe dollars.

A $10 million Zimbabwe dollar payment is worth 0.0008 U.S. cents.

Zimbabwe citizens are allowed to withdraw only $25 billion Zimbabwe dollars per day, less than enough to buy a loaf of bread.

After imposing price controls last year, supplies of goods dried up, so the Zimbabwe government was forced to end price controls.

Under pressure from the German government,a company, that supplies Zimbabwe with tons of blank paper so it can print its dollar notes, has stopped sending its special paper to Zimbabwe. Thats OK, says, Zimbabwes Treasurer, we got a Plan B.
,which is obvious printing invisible money by invisible machines)and also ben can discuss here with some distinguishing policy makers,on various monitory policies........,so i said jokingly( i mean here strictly jokingly,then we must see the chart of Zimbabwe stock exchange and get a clue,and it must be thousand points down,so U.S. will in long run go in to next bear wave,and here comes the shocker,my friend said zimbabwe is the highest out performing market in the world in 2007,it rose by up 12,000%....so when is the big bull ralley in dow?haha and i am not joking thogh i am laughing(is it called satire?)it can seriously happen,inflation will go up and for worsen market condition u.s.will pump more money(u.s.also printing money without gold as a collateral now a days)and that money first came in to stock market

...any one who has a fundamental interest they can read more here very interesting article i found on net.Few things copied from there.P.S.dont bang ur head to understand its based on Austrian economic theory,which not taught here in india.just read for curiosity
http://www.freemarketduck.com/pages/FMDNewsQO345.htm.that article is little heavy to understand,as it based on Austrian economic theory which is not taught in our financial eucation.

orderflow13

CRUDE OIL CHART 29/9/08

I must add one thing as i was posting this crude close 115.59$it made a doji,might face its support of 110$ and given fact that crude is manipulative market,it will falsely show break down of 110$and test 109$ and all suckers sold there longs and crude goes up to 140 odd leval.