Ramona's Diary - My picks for low risk high gain trades

carnot11

Dear Friends,

1. HDIL ... a sell signal...done ...I have exited on paper

2. McDowell .... a buy ...hmmm.. waiting for the right opportunity...

3. ICICIBank ... a buy... sad to say not performing well...exit at loss...

I am now facing a issue of consistency in intraday data.

I am following Google and Yahoo real time charts, and the buy signal of ICICIBank (generated yesterday) is now showing as a sell signal today ?????? (but generated yesterday).

HOW can this be? Unless the data provided by these websites is changing after market close.

Oops it is like flying a plane depending on your altimeter, but then after sometime you see a cliff in front of you. Really dangerous, I have got to look for reliable and consistent intraday data.

I appeal to Traderji members to guide me on this.

I have an account with Ventura Securities but they have only one day intraday data displayed on the charts. I need atleast 5 days + todays intraday data to analyse and take a call of buy or sell.

Regards,
Ramona
@RamonaSalvia Would appreciate if you will give reasons for your buy/sell calls & also how do you screen these stocks. I too am learning TA & it would be helpful if you could share the system you follow.
Thanks in advance
After reading post #1 and above, I would prefer to watch as and how the technical analysis unfolds.

Analysis based on Google and Yahoo is very misleading.

I have incurred loss based on these sites and hence I suggest to stay away from them.

These websites are good only for surfing and not even paper trade.

As she is referring to Google and Yahoo, which have limited and well known indicators, the strategy will definetly be uncomplicated.

I am sure, she is keen to share her success strategy, aren't you Ramona ?

Enjoy,
CArnot

Dear Friends,

As Google finance intraday chart analysis -

DLF - now in downtrend with resistance at 223.25

Hence initiating a sell at 221.6 with stop loss @ 223.8 (1% of sell price).

Target = 217.1 ( 2 % of sell price ).

Regards,
Ramona
Dear Friends,

1. McDowell - low risk buy set up unfolding, if price is able to cross 1944 then good potential for upside.

2. Hindalco - low risk buy set up unfolding. Above 129.5 good returns possible.

Stop Loss - 1 % of buy price, target 2 % of buy price.

Regards,
Ramona
Hello Friends,

DLF - still playing hide and seek, but still on sell side.

McDOWELL - price break above 1944 failed.
A sell signal is now active.

HINDALCO - make or break, but remain on long side.

Regards,
Ramona

@RamonaSalvia Would appreciate if you will give reasons for your buy/sell calls & also how do you screen these stocks. I too am learning TA & it would be helpful if you could share the system you follow.
Thanks in advance
After reading post #1 and above, I would prefer to watch as and how the technical analysis unfolds.

Analysis based on Google and Yahoo is very misleading.

I have incurred loss based on these sites and hence I suggest to stay away from them.

These websites are good only for surfing and not even paper trade.

As she is referring to Google and Yahoo, which have limited and well known indicators, the strategy will definetly be uncomplicated.

I am sure, she is keen to share her success strategy, aren't you Ramona ?

Enjoy,
CArnot
Hello Smart Trader,

Here on Traderji you will find all types of strategies, some are simple and some are just too complicated for me.

Pick one or two and stick to it. Practice and then start taking positions on paper. Self study is the best study.

@ CArnot,

Thanks for your suggestions. I agree from my experience that Googel & Yahoo charts are for amusement only. I have decided to open a ShareKhan account for real time consistent data.

Till then it is Google and Yahoo for me.

Regards,
Ramona

Hello Friends,

DLF - still playing hide and seek, but still on sell side.

HINDALCO - make or break, but remain on long side.

Regards,
Ramona
Hello Friends,

DLF - :down: Stop Loss hit

HINDALCO - exited and taken a short position

McDOWELL - I am on sell side

Regards,
Ramona

stumper

... I agree from my experience that Googel & Yahoo charts are for amusement only.
... I have decided to open a ShareKhan account for real time consistent data.

Till then it is Google and Yahoo for me.

Regards,
Ramona
You are really confusing. Your picks i assumed were for position trading, and if so, how does it make Google and yahoo data as for "Amusement"? ... I dont see why would you need real time data for position/delivery trades, unless you are day trading.

stumper

Regards,
Ramona
Can you elaborate further as to why did your strategy generate a sell signal?
Im not trying to bog you down ... rather I'm just trying to understand why you think its a short trade and going against the prevailing up-trend?

Couple of things from the daily charts :
1)Stock was clearly in uptrend (confirmed by MA).
2)It has been moving sideways since last month. (confirmed by MA).

I could not see what has changed now for a trader to take any opposite position. I would rather wait for the market to show its hand , say, take a south bound turn , and then a trader can take a short position on a pull back. This way we will have odds stacked with us. Taking opposite position right now is pure gambling - trying to forecast where markets will go (and they can go any direction, but that does not make us good traders :) ).

You are really confusing. Your picks i assumed were for position trading, and if so, how does it make Google and yahoo data as for "Amusement"? ... I dont see why would you need real time data for position/delivery trades, unless you are day trading.
Can you elaborate further as to why did your strategy generate a sell signal?
Im not trying to bog you down ... rather I'm just trying to understand why you think its a short trade and going against the prevailing up-trend?

Couple of things from the daily charts :
1)Stock was clearly in uptrend (confirmed by MA).
2)It has been moving sideways since last month. (confirmed by MA).

I could not see what has changed now for a trader to take any opposite position. I would rather wait for the market to show its hand , say, take a south bound turn , and then a trader can take a short position on a pull back. This way we will have odds stacked with us. Taking opposite position right now is pure gambling - trying to forecast where markets will go (and they can go any direction, but that does not make us good traders :) ).
Dear Stumper,

Do not stress yourself, please.

Appreciate your concern and the seriousness, but please please note that
I am a self declared technical analyst (Ha Ha Ha...)

May be my analysis is wrong, but then it is the part of the learning curve for me. I want to learn the hard way so that my mistakes become my milestones.

Positional trader - hmm... in my opinion I would like to exit as soon as my target is achieved which is 2% of the buy / sell price or if the Stop Loss of 1% is hit. This may be intraday or interday.

My rules may need some fine tuning or maybe my time period needs to be changed to a higher one.

My strategy - I am following MA crossover system in 5 min. I will not divulge the number for the MA, at present. This is a fairly simple strategy, a so called plain vanilla. Ofcourse there is one more popular indicator to assist me, but that too will not be spoken of by me.

The reason is not to hide, but to try and figure out for myself what best suits my temperament. The same applies to each and every one here on this forum.

Hence for McDOWELL - a sell is generated, so I take a short.

Google and Yahoo - I have seen the disastrous results my self by taking a position in ICICIBank. A buy has turned into a sell the next day. Hence now they are a amusement for me. What good is the data if the MA keep changing over night.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback and support.

Regards,
Ramona

stumper

Positional trader - hmm... in my opinion I would like to exit as soon as my target is achieved which is 2% of the buy / sell price or if the Stop Loss of 1% is hit. This may be intraday or interday.
Allow me friend, if you can, to advise you. First, Take what markets give you, not what you want. Second, it is not for us Traders to predict, that is but a Gamblers occupation. Apologies if i have intruded on your personal journal. Unfortunately i learnt trading the hard way, so i tend to barge in ... sometimes forgetting that people need to have this hard knocks to learn.

My strategy - I am following MA crossover system in 5 min. I will not divulge the number for the MA, at present. This is a fairly simple strategy, a so called plain vanilla. Ofcourse there is one more popular indicator to assist me, but that too will not be spoken of by me.

The reason is not to hide, but to try and figure out for myself what best suits my temperament.
Fair enough. Can i ask you, if you have back tested your strategy?.

Google and Yahoo - I have seen the disastrous results my self by taking a position in ICICIBank. A buy has turned into a sell the next day. Hence now they are a amusement for me. What good is the data if the MA keep changing over night.
Thats not what i meant. What makes you think the issue is with Yahoo or Google? . Both of them get respective EOD data directly from NSE Exchange. None the less, there is nothing any of us can comment unless you share the issue you are facing (with laid out charts to explain the mismatch). As it is, using a MA Crossover on 5 Min charts of previous day, to trade on today's min-tick chart -- is something unusual for me(or atleast i have not seen professionals do it). None the less, if it suits your style, so be it, as long as you make money.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback and support.
You are Welcome.

Last edited:
Allow me friend, if you can, to advise you. First, Take what markets give you, not what you want. Second, it is not for us Traders to predict, that is but a Gamblers occupation. Apologies if i have intruded on your personal journal. Unfortunately i learnt trading the hard way, so i tend to barge in ... sometimes forgetting that people need to have this hard knocks to learn.

Fair enough. Can i ask you, if you have back tested your strategy?.

Thats not what i meant. What makes you think the issue is with Yahoo or Google? . Both of them get respective EOD data directly from NSE Exchange. None the less, there is nothing any of us can comment unless you share the issue you are facing (with laid out charts to explain the mismatch). As it is, using a MA Crossover on 5 Min charts of previous day, to trade on today's min-tick chart -- is something unusual for me(or atleast i have not seen professionals do it). None the less, if it suits your style, so be it, as long as you make money.

You are Welcome.
Hi Friends,

Today was not able to find time for the stock market.

Any way at EOD -

1. HINDALCO - short position got hit with stop loss.
buy signal hit with stop loss.
now presently short signal is active

2. McDOWELL - still a short signal is active

Hello Stumper,

Something is wrong with my strategy or maybe I am following the wrong stocks.

As my strategy was back tested for Nifty spot, let me limit myself and try to follow heavy weights like SBIN, LT, McDOWELL, JSWSTEEL, TATASTEEL, INFY, M&M, MARUTI, ICICIBANK, AXISBANK, NIFTYSPOT.

Wow back testing and real time trading are so different.

What will happen when I trade with real money ?

Stumper, you say that I should take what the market is giving me - please explain further.

I am following Google and Yahoo for intraday 5 min charts and since I found the MA shifting or rather the crossover shifting, hence I am now suspicious about them. EOD figures may match with NSE figures, but I am not interested in those at present.

Why 5 min MA crossover ?

As I do not understand candlestick patterns, pivot points etc. etc... I tried to understand these patterns again and again but they just dont enter my brain.

You may call me dumb, but this is my limitation.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ramona