Queries From "Teach a Man to..." thread!!

Re: Queries From students of Saint

One more confusion Sir.

Is this a valid Flag pattern ?

Sorry sir If I'm asking too much :(

Ankit
maybe.....maybe not......but that uptrendline (the one below)crack gives you a shorting opportunity nevertheless.

Saint

If trading the 5min alone.......honour your stops.Look to get back in short at the next opportunity.

If trading the 30min,the higher pivot highs and lows on the 5 mean nothing as your stop is still some way off.....You would still be short.

Saint
But sir from teach a man ....thread
This is a BEARISH pattern.
Due to its divergence, the stock makes a high and a low, then high2 will take out previous pivot high, then prices fall to low 2, which
takes out the previous pivot low. Then prices move upwards to form high3,which is higher than high2 or high1 (not necessary, can
even be same height at times).
Three successive higher peaks, and two declining lower troughs complete this pattern. Confirmation is when the low 2 is taken out as
prices start making new lows.
I quoted it because the prize fell too much after 2 Pivots created both HH and LL.

Indeed thank you very much fro quick reply

Ankit

Saint,

thanx for ur reply,but there is still a doubt:-

Doubt: If the 30 min pivot is broken @ 12:15 on 5 min chart ,but the bar would be formed @12:30 on 30 min chart,so one has to wait for the completion of bar on 30 min chart or go for the short on 5 min chart @ 12:15

thanx

Saint,

thanx for ur reply,but there is still a doubt:-

Doubt: If the 30 min pivot is broken @ 12:15 on 5 min chart ,but the bar would be formed @12:30 on 30 min chart,so one has to wait for the completion of bar on 30 min chart or go for the short on 5 min chart @ 12:15

thanx
Hi DN,

Short the break of pivot.......no question of waiting for completion of the bar.Sometimes you get faked out,.....well,all part of trading.

Saint

Dear Saint,

Thanks for ur reply on my early query. N plz take my heartly appreciation for such a wonderful n simple human u r,n also such a awesome teacher u r. Beside learing abt Technicals, I will seriously like to know, how u manage to remain so simple n humble, n dat too so consistently. I know dis Question doesn't belong here, so forgive me, but still..........I'v more question on dis aspect than wht dis thread is abt.............Do shed some light if u like to, on dis aspect too. Hai I lost ur google Id.....Do tell me dat too.

Now with one more query. I'v shorted I-Flex yesterday on the basis of daily chart, which m attaching. Was I ryt in taking the trade,since it same out of up-tilted flag like formation. N secondly wht sud be the s/loss here. Wht sud be the strategy one sud adopt in such scenario.N is it necessary if one taking the trade on Daily chart, stoploss sud be in accordance to daily chart only or one can shuffle n go with 60 minute chart or m really confused on dis part, when shuffling with time frames.

Awaiting your reply.

God bless U Bro...............

Thanks n Regards.....

Gaurav...

Long Live This thread.............

Last edited:

Prabhjeet

Hi Saint this is my recent trade in JP Associate that I took and instead of profits I am sitting on losses may be due to faulty technique.

Please have a look at chart below.

Just read in your 60 min. thread that people have been short since 165 that was my initial entry but I later was whipsawed.

Thanks