Queries From "Teach a Man to..." thread!!

Re: Saint's Pivot Method put to practice.

As always,a Win Trade is a Trade where we stick to Plan......vice versa for Loss Trade.

Chart attached is to indicate the importance of stops,sticking to plan,adding once in a winning position,and sticking with the trend.....Going With the Flow.

Whatever it is that you follow,call it system or whatever,.........you have to follow it strictly without second guessing and bringing our questioning , guessing minds to it.

Saint

ps:Before anyone asks,all entries and exits are with a filter of Rs7.....why 7,in intraday,that number is what I am comfortable with.

pps:This is why I said previously about the frustrating,depressive part.........it isn't for me,as I am not looking at the number of profit trades and non profit trades.But if that's the way you look at it,well,last 3 days gave 20% success rate only...............ah,nonsense,this stupid guy they call Saint with his nonsense pivot technique.All a load of nonsense...........Now that we have proved how this cannot work ;) we can all heave a sigh of relief.

But to those still interested or curious at the least.........I am going to keep posting these charts.I hope those interested can pull out something that will be of help to you.

milkyblack

As always,a Win Trade is a Trade where we stick to Plan......vice versa for Loss Trade.

Chart attached is to indicate the importance of stops,sticking to plan,adding once in a winning position,and sticking with the trend.....Going With the Flow.

Whatever it is that you follow,call it system or whatever,.........you have to follow it strictly without second guessing and bringing our questioning , guessing minds to it.

Saint

ps:Before anyone asks,all entries and exits are with a filter of Rs7.....why 7,in intraday,that number is what I am comfortable with.

pps:This is why I said previously about the frustrating,depressive part.........it isn't for me,as I am not looking at the number of profit trades and non profit trades.But if that's the way you look at it,well,last 3 days gave 20% success rate only...............ah,nonsense,this stupid guy they call Saint with his nonsense pivot technique.All a load of nonsense...........Now that we have proved how this cannot work ;) we can all heave a sigh of relief.

But to those still interested or curious at the least.........I am going to keep posting these charts.I hope those interested can pull out something that will be of help to you.
Dear Saint,

Thanks a lot for the wonderfull practical explanation... really an eye opener for the position sizing!
Thanks a lot again! :)
But Saint that Rs7/- filter... is it not too much for Intraday? :confused:

Regards

lvgandhi

Saint

Dear Saint,
Nice lucid explanation. Thanks. But I have a few doubts.
Why the first trade exit at 4520? I couldn't find any point in my chart. May be my chart is missing something.
Further as you said you apply filter 7. But in sl of second trade at 4490 and entry of third trade at 4505, you didn't use filter as per my chart. I want to know whether really you didn't apply filter due to some reason or my chart is wrong.

Dear Saint,

Thanks a lot for the wonderfull practical explanation... really an eye opener for the position sizing!
Thanks a lot again! :)
But Saint that Rs7/- filter... is it not too much for Intraday? :confused:

Regards
probably MB.....but that's my comfort zone.Do tweak it to a figure lower if it works for you.

Saint

If inflation has surged again why it rallied? Any ideas?

I was stopped out of short at breakeven. 30 min is short so will look for 5 min PL break.
OR if first 5 min high breaks then long. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Amit

If inflation has surged again why it rallied? Any ideas?

I was stopped out of short at breakeven. 30 min is short so will look for 5 min PL break.
OR if first 5 min high breaks then long. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Amit
no harm in knowing why and how,just for the fun part of it............but other than that,trade the trend,and throw the reasons out.........If news is bad and everyone's excited,and markets breakout long,we are happy and long.If news is good,but everyone's miserable and markets dump,we are happy and short.

For gap days like today,forget pivots........5min previous pivot high is taken out,and you are long now.

Saint

no harm in knowing why and how,just for the fun part of it............but other than that,trade the trend,and throw the reasons out.........If news is bad and everyone's excited,and markets breakout long,we are happy and long.If news is good,but everyone's miserable and markets dump,we are happy and short.

For gap days like today,forget pivots........5min previous pivot high is taken out,and you are long now.

Saint
Yes its just fun part of it. ANyways thanks for your insights. I am long above the first 5 min high.

Thanks,
Amit

Solace

All seniors are requested to comment-

In the following NTPC daily chart lower pivot highs and lower pivot lows are formed apart from descending triangle.
Does according to saint's pivot method, should we short NTPC future?

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7560/ntpcstudydh1.png
First of all,that's not a descending triangle....and if you are a daily chart trader,you are still short NTPC from May middle.

Important guys....the word "short on the first break of a previous pivot low".

Saint
saint sir !
Please excuse my ignorance.:confused::eek:Your 2 minutes shall enlighten me.

I just read E&M, and it said-"if the bottomline is horizontal and the upper slants downward to the intersection point to the right,the resulting area pattern is called the descending triangle.
please clear my doubt!

Also first low(pl1) breaks at PL2(as far my little knowledge) so should not we go short in JULY.

I know u r damn busy but your just 2 minutes are a life for me.
regards