Problems with Getbhavcopy downloader (Hemen Kapadia software)

Yes ,In the past few weeks, there is problem in download of bhavcopy, using this software.
Most of the times when the issue is encountered it is not with Getbhavcopy but the NSE server coughing up.

I suggest next time you get an issue please paste the logs. It is difficult to help you without seeing the logs. Moreover when you get an issue try to download data with other software and see if that goes through fine.

Regards,
Hemen

Most of the times when the issue is encountered it is not with Getbhavcopy but the NSE server coughing up.

I suggest next time you get an issue please paste the logs. It is difficult to help you without seeing the logs. Moreover when you get an issue try to download data with other software and see if that goes through fine.

Regards,
Hemen

Yes, iam able to download with other software. But i still prefer Getbhavcopy. Iam unable to open nse-india but nseindia works fine. Is there anyway to change this in Getbhavcopy?

The very fact that you are unable to open nse-india but are able to open nseindia means that the issue is somewhere in your network.

While this can be fixed in Getbhavcopy but it will require a code change. However that is not a correct solution. In future i may give an option to allow users to select if they was nseindia or nse-india but for now if you want to make Getbhavcopy to work then you need to find why www.nse-india.com does not open in your network.

That is the correct fix for the issue and not a code change in Getbhavcopy.

Regards,
Hemen

The way this software downloads data is in no way different from how Getbhavcopy does it. The only difference i notices is that this software uses nseindia.com and Getbhavcopy uses nse-india.com to make the NSE server calls.

Other than that there is no difference in terms of the process used to download the data.

So now coming back to the same question as in my previous post.

Can you please investigate if you can open both the sites in your browser. If so then there should not be any issues with Getbhavcopy.

Rajesh,

Also some logs will help. Getbhavcopy does not download data is a very vague statement that does not help me analyse the issue at hand.

The way this software downloads data is in no way different from how Getbhavcopy does it. The only difference i notices is that this software uses nseindia.com and Getbhavcopy uses nse-india.com to make the NSE server calls.

Other than that there is no difference in terms of the process used to download the data.

So now coming back to the same question as in my previous post.

Can you please investigate if you can open both the sites in your browser. If so then there should not be any issues with Getbhavcopy.
Yes u r right, i think the problem is with my network. Sorry for all the trouble. Thanks for ur help. By the way iam able to download the data with the s/w that Rajesh provided.

rajeshn2007

Hi, I am able to open both the sites in my browser. As I have said earlier, Getbc has problems on certain days only, could be the server prob. unable to download from4-8.30pm., whereas the other s/w worked fine.

log file for today
11/12/2009 19:31:26 Message ********* Starting Getbhavcopy *********
11/12/2009 19:31:49 Message Downloading symbols for index NSENIFTY
11/12/2009 19:32:31 Error Error downloading symbols for index NSENIFTY

Last edited: