Price Action perspective using VWAP+SD and TF AMAs

vijkris

Learner and Follower
If the price is below VAL,it is negative bias right.and currently if price is above VWAP +1SD what we call it strong uptrend with negative bias ?I am confused
my understanding is:
based on yday vwap, today's price is below val. so that means more probability of today's price to go down. i.e downmove will be stronger.

Now the above probability is valid until ltp is below "today's +1SD"
If ltp trades above +1sd and u see valid mph bo above +1sd, then bias changes to positive, u can enter long as bias is positive and u can expect 1st target in this new uptrend to be VAL.

vice versa for above VAh conditions.

pratapvb

If the price is below VAL,it is negative bias right.and currently if price is above VWAP +1SD what we call it strong uptrend with negative bias ?I am confused
above +1SD below VAL is potential reversal .....if taking longs if it fails at yday low / VAL one should exit ... and look for short again below +1SD failure

baisically it says as per today's open and today's information it is +ve ... but resistance can come at the other levels and if fails there then below +1SD could be back to negative ... or sideways between +1SD and -1SD

blackberry

above +1SD below VAL is potential reversal .....if taking longs if it fails at yday low / VAL one should exit ... and look for short again below +1SD failure

baisically it says as per today's open and today's information it is +ve ... but resistance can come at the other levels and if fails there then below +1SD could be back to negative ... or sideways between +1SD and -1SD

Thank you Sir for clearing doubt.

One more, How to take intraday profit ?Only trailing with 15 AMA band high low with pivot break(trailing with 15 AMA gives less opportunity of profit booking in intraday).or some +SD2 or 3 target if any ?

pratapvb

Thank you Sir for clearing doubt.

One more, How to take intraday profit ?Only trailing with 15 AMA band high low with pivot break(trailing with 15 AMA gives less opportunity of profit booking in intraday).or some +SD2 or 3 target if any ?
I take half off at 20pts ...rest trail ... I take less off it is beyond +1SD2 or -1SD2

at key levels failures while trailing I would take off on lower TF bands .. beyond +/-1SD2 I would look to trail mainly on 15ama

pratapvb

Guidelines

These are just broad guidelines. One needs to adapt for you style of trading and observations of your own from backtesting

Long Bias – above +1SD
entry: BO of 5ama take long
SL: Pvts / bar beyond 15ama when above +1SD2
Else 5ama

Long Bias – above VAH above -1SD
entry: BO of 2ama take long – as long as not too close to +1SD
SL: Pvts/bar beyond -1SD / 5ama

Neutral – in VAL-VAH in -1SD to +1SD
entry: Trade 2ama both ways … short near +1SD ..buy near -1SD

It is better to take in direction of positional trend and book at other end 2ama/-1SD for longs

SL: 2ama/+1SD for shorts

Short bias – below VAL below +1SD
entry: BD of 2ama take short – as long as not too close to -1SD
SL: Pvts/bar beyond +1SD/5ama

Short – below -1SD
entry: BD of 5ama take short
SL: Pvts / bar beyond 15ama when below -1SD2
Else 5ama

Profit Taking
I take half off at 20pts ...rest trail ... I take less off it is beyond +1SD2 or -1SD2

at key levels failures while trailing I would take off on lower TF bands .. beyond +/-1SD2 I would look to trail mainly on 15ama

Also other case will be there like failure at other key levels or EOM bar etc

blackberry

earlier you said the combination of noise band and Denmark floor pvt can be used as profit booking,Suppose I am using 3 minute TF(nifty) on VWAP chart how to see noise band and Denmark floor pivot.Does TF on noise bands and Denmark same as in VWAP.

Please

pratapvb

just to add more and more I am shifting my trading to be more swing positions. Intraday trading more is to help hedge when it goes counter to positional trend and also to remain alert and not go to sleep while FTT :D

pratapvb

earlier you said the combination of noise band and Denmark floor pvt can be used as profit booking,Suppose I am using 3 minute TF(nifty) on VWAP chart how to see noise band and Denmark floor pivot.Does TF on noise bands and Denmark same as in VWAP.

Please
they can be plotted on any TF ... the levels are same for the day. it is derived from daily chart

pvting there and failure etc at these key levels could be exit and re-enter on pb or reversal if comes

blackberry

taken only one perspective support may hold. Is my entry exit correct ?,at one point it was about to hit 15 AMA SL at 10:30am. I exit after watching denmark floor support .

sir,what that middle purple value refers on denmark chart ?What is the theory of Denmark chart

Last edited: