Price Action perspective using VWAP+SD and TF AMAs

eku

I have VP method in AFL ... that is the only thing I have not shared
If u share that most awaiting,most demanding AFL,you'll become God for most of us..
many still struggling with which is VP/which is VERL and ST Da may be tired of answering it again n again and may be this AFL will solve our prob..

Its just a humble request..I'm not forcing you being your fan and the biggest follower of all your vwap combinations..

Respect and Love Pratap Sir :)

vijkris

Learner and Follower
If u share that most awaiting,most demanding AFL,you'll become God for most of us..
many still struggling with which is VP/which is VERL and ST Da may be tired of answering it again n again and may be this AFL will solve our prob..

Its just a humble request..I'm not forcing you being your fan and the biggest follower of all your vwap combinations..

Respect and Love Pratap Sir :)
no offence , even if pratap sir does not share the vp afl, he is still The God. I think all will agree with this.:)

if vp is shared then nobody will try to learn the method.

Last edited:

niftytaurus

Hi Vijkris
Those charts for you..Its just an experiment..where I make some rules & write into paper & give it to my assistant who doesnt know anything about trading to do it mechanically..so when I need to do it mechanically, I dont need computer programme for it as soetimes for risk management, I interfere..
Like on RBI Policy day, I told him to not to take any position during 10:45 to 12 o clock...in friday afternoon session , dont trade..small risk manageent trades.assistant takes all trades in real time & they all are real trades with real money ..I am doing experiment with 4 lot nifty..so All entries & exits are mechanical.
So I am posting those trades..
It was an experiment, if it successful with 4 lots , then I will put more money on it..Its all in & all out trades..no adds, no partial booking..just trade mechanical..
I trade myself discreationary..I am a price action trader..so When I trade ,I consider so many things together & take decision..that method is combination of so many things..but I do feel anxiety when i tade discreationary ,so I am not able to put a big capital on it..so I have been testing diff methods with objective rules..
the trades I was discussing about 95 points & 3 looses today..trades are here..green -buy trades, white circels-exit, red- short trade

thanks

pratapvb

Hi Pratap Bro
I have been testing various components of your various afl.I need some more testing on rules which can give consistent result per month..as from my rules, I have make some 95 points after all costs last week ..but today in morning 3 trades lost 45 points..According to rules, I dont take trades after 3 losses, so couldnt take last short trade..so I need to make my system more adaptable.
Could you please tell when you use it..how many average trades come per day in 5 min chart? no of trades per month?how many points can we expect in nifty per month consistently?
thanks
I have also not done very well yday morning, partly my fault as it was gap into range. But I have a rule that on such days a post 2pm failure trade to the other side I trade atleast with half qty, which usually helps in reducing or recovering the loss

pratapvb

it gapped down way below -2SD2 ...infact at -3SD2 ... so exited positional aggressively ....now waiting for clear pvt to short ....but there is a good likelyhood that this will intitially go sideways until -1SD2 comes down to meet price or it may pb to -1SD2.

sideways / pb to -1SD2 omplete

now could resume the DT or if fails reverse it

above chart is 1min early in morning...bottom one 5min in afternoon

pratapvb

Some possible scenarios on vwap

1. In range of prev day – between +1SD and -1SD of prev day
a. Mainly sideways until there is a BO/BD out of this range. So look to sell resistances and buy support if the range is big. If the range is small, sit out.

2. Open above VAH
a. Mainly long bias with pullbacks to the TF 3/5min and 15min bands. If price remains below -1SD day it could denote a DT and a pullback to VAH area is possible.

3. Open below VAL
a. Mainly short bias with pullbacks to the TF 3/5min and 15min bands. If price remains above +1SD day it could denote a UT and a pullback to VAL area is possible.

4. Open beyond +2SD / -2SD 2day
a. Open above +2SD 2day
Usually results in a pullback to +1SD2day either through sideways or a correction. But this could be after an intial move up

b. Open below -2SD 2day
Usually results in a pullback to -1SD2day either through sideways or a correction. But this could be after an intial move down

Last edited:

TracerBullet

i am trying to get an idea of valid trades in hindsight.

Main motivation initially is to use it as addon to VP method in rangebound/slow trend days and maybe later to enter in pullbacks in trend.
Using only 1day VWAP and EMA pivots for now.

Today's SBIN 2min chart below. Some questions + Please correct below for mistakes when you get time.

1) Gap down below below VAL but no continuation. Prices pullbacks beyond +1SD, but does not hold. So no long above pivot. Prices do hold above +1SD on next attempt. Can go long above pivot with VAL as target
2) V Rejection from VAL, weaker push up. short on pivot break below +1SD. This is simple minor trend reversal with Trend.
3,4) Price in Tight ranges - first between VWAP and -1SD and then -1SD and -2SD. Are trades possible here? If we enter on BO then entry is below -1SD which may only move in strong trend.
5) Price pullsback to VWAP which holds twice. pivot break gives clean short trade that reaches -2SD.
I guess +-2SD is clear area for taking profits, but do you look at using +1SD too (Besides fixed target)? Do you use AMA trail in rangebound markets?
6,7) Price ranging between -1SD and -2SD. Are short trades possible here? BO are beyond -2SD or close to it.

Some More questions.
1) Do you Try to enter before pivot break? Limit orders ? Do you do blind scalp between bands, say in tight afternoon range in direction of bias?
2) Besides pivot breaks, is there anything you use to judge whether price is holding at a level?
3) Do you trade into a level. Say in todays chart, will you take pivot break short just above -1SD with target -2SD

thanks

Last edited: