Point and Figure Chart Excel Sheet

VJAY

Dear AW10 sir,
Excellent teachings!...Am very sorry to call you as AW10 i think its not sense an student to call his teacher by his name....sorry sir please excuse me .......

AW10

How is this calculated, Learned that PnF Focuses only on the Price movements.
How an X and O is calculated. and how one box is calculated as 50 for nifty.
What is the logic behind this calculation..
Arvind, plz refer to the links that Vishal has given in first post to get basics of P&F chart.
Or google and read on the net about it. It will be too much time cosuming for me to start from basics. I am happy to clarify the doubts (if I can), and share my experience which u may not get in books/sites.

Happy Trading.

AW10

Dear AW10 sir,
Excellent teachings!...Am very sorry to call you as AW10 i think its not sense an student to call his teacher by his name....sorry sir please excuse me .......
Thanks Vijay, don't worry about calling me AW10. That is my identity in TJ.
Feel free to address me with that.. Sir or w/o Sir makes no difference to me. Personally I consider everyone as equal and hence no formality. but if you want to be formal I have no issue.

Hope you are enjoying the learning experience here.

Happy Trading

itzarvind

AW10,

Will do that first and will let you know with my doubts on PnF :)

Regads,
Arvind

Arvind, plz refer to the links that Vishal has given in first post to get basics of P&F chart.
Or google and read on the net about it. It will be too much time cosuming for me to start from basics. I am happy to clarify the doubts (if I can), and share my experience which u may not get in books/sites.

Happy Trading.

intraday data from yahoo servers are how much delayed? i get live for nifty and delayed for other scripts like reliance etc. any way to get live data?

dear sir

when i tried this xcel sheet, \Open office i am getting an error as below. and i am unable to download data from yahoo.

a scripting framework error while running the basic script
vnd.sun.star.script:standard.Thisworkbook.Getdata:language=basic&location=document.
library= 'Standard'
module ='ThisWorkbook'
method ='GetData'
location='document'

can u pls help on this

Dear Findvikas,
After reading your threat on PnF i tried to learn it. I have some quiries about it if you can clearify it.
1. you have yoused word "yahoo server" can you give it's link.
2. I am using window XP / excel 2003.
3. Can we prepair Excel sheet in PnF formet ? If ,Yes then can you give step by step methord to prepair it .You have given it but i could follow it . I got a massege " macros are disable because the security level is set high ------------ request the macros be signed -----------etc.

IF AUTO DOWNLOADED DOES NOT WORK FOR SOME REASON
1) Open the Excel Sheet and go to Raw Data sheet
2) Navigate to http://www.nseindia.com/content/equi...iphistdata.htm
3) Fill in the NSE Symbol and Start Date, End Date to get the desired data
4) Copy the table and come to raw table data sheet in excel, right click and paste special, choose "Text"
5) Once inserted... Select only the High & Low of the data (PnF works on High & Low data only)
6) Paste it on the "Data" sheet starting from second row and make sure that first column is High and second is Low
7) Select the box size & reversal value and hit Draw..
8) It will draw the chart and take you to Chart sheet and chart should look some thing like this...

Last edited:

findvikas

You need to enable Macros to use this Excel Sheet, by default they are set to High Security and unsigned macros are disabled. To Enable this you need to follow these steps

1) Go to Tools->Macro->Security...

2) Choose Medium or Low (not recommended)

3) Open the sheet and select "Enable Macros" every time you open the sheet.