Please suggest me a good data connection.

mohan.sic

Hi,

My requirement: 1) Running NEST terminal 9 am to 11 pm ( equity & comm market ) and 2) Amibroker connected to data provider.

Now I am using Beam Internet connection ( Rs 660 per month appx including tax ) and its fine. But this connection does not work during power cut.

I don't have any idea about the differences in dongles offered by different providers. Please suggest me which is perfect for our trading purpose and the plan I should choose.

When I contacted Reliance they asked me about the usage. I am not sure what will be the usage of above 2 requirements account to.

Will Running trading terminal and Amibroker connected to data provider come under continuous data download? If so how much will it be for a month and what plan should I choose ?

Any users pls provide some suggestion on how to go. Its little urgent as I am facing big problem due to power cuts.

thanks.

throwawayacc123

Hi,

My requirement: 1) Running NEST terminal 9 am to 11 pm ( equity & comm market ) and 2) Amibroker connected to data provider.

Now I am using Beam Internet connection ( Rs 660 per month appx including tax ) and its fine. But this connection does not work during power cut.

I don't have any idea about the differences in dongles offered by different providers. Please suggest me which is perfect for our trading purpose and the plan I should choose.

When I contacted Reliance they asked me about the usage. I am not sure what will be the usage of above 2 requirements account to.

Will Running trading terminal and Amibroker connected to data provider come under continuous data download? If so how much will it be for a month and what plan should I choose ?

Any users pls provide some suggestion on how to go. Its little urgent as I am facing big problem due to power cuts.

thanks.
Since you already have wired internet. Beam connection goes off during power supply because the power source for fibre connection is in your building. Same problem with ACT in Bangalore.

Get a wireless 3g/4g connection, because these run on mobile networks and they don't go down. Just like your mobile phone, So you have a somewhat reliable backup connection.

manishchan

Hi,

thanks.

Since you are using Beam, I guess you from Hyd. Call them up and ask for at least 2 hrs of power back up... dtz what they claim for. I get about 2 hrs of back up in my building.

Be careful wid reliance dongle.. I bought one and had to close it coz of network issue in my area. Better go for 3G in case you want wireless. Usage per month shouldn't be more than 2 GB. But again it depends.... if you use other browsing and stuff.. or have many scripts ticking in ur terminal.. usage might go lil up..

cloudTrader

Can't really say about your area as I am from North India . But here I am using MTS Post Paid Internet Connection . I am using their super Jumbo Wireless Plan. Just Plug IN the dongle in the electricity socket with the PLUG supplied with the Dongle and start your NET. If there is power cut then just plug the dongle in your PC or Laptop's USB socket.

Plan is Rs. 999 for 40 GB of Data monthly. The total Expenditure comes to Rs. 1,122 [adding taxes to 999]. Currently I am getting a a speed of around 1.75 Mbps download & 1 Mbps upload. No worries about the data usage as 40 GB is huge.

Till now the connection has been satisfactory in my region and area. However I still emphasize that MTS has different quality of service in different regions , so be very alert before taking connection. Take a full fledged demo at your place through the technical team of the company. Avoid the claims by the sales team and insist on Tech Team demonstration.

mohan.sic

Since you are using Beam, I guess you from Hyd. Call them up and ask for at least 2 hrs of power back up... dtz what they claim for. I get about 2 hrs of back up in my building.

Be careful wid reliance dongle.. I bought one and had to close it coz of network issue in my area. Better go for 3G in case you want wireless. Usage per month shouldn't be more than 2 GB. But again it depends.... if you use other browsing and stuff.. or have many scripts ticking in ur terminal.. usage might go lil up..
Hi,

yes I am hyd. I contacted beam and they say the standard backup time they offer is 1 hr but I see it only for 15 mts in my flats. Raised it with them, lets see.

Are you saying that the Trading terminal + Ami with data feed will consume only 2 gb ( appx. can be upto 3 gb ) data for a month ?

thanks.

mohan.sic

I contacted Airtel broadband and Tikona. They say that they operate on different platform ( some terminology they used ) and its different from Beam.
So power cut will not at all interrupt the internet as long as we have power back up. They suggested me to:

1) Buy invertor to have power back up and hence internet works.

2) To buy some ups/ battery which can hold power backup to Router for 3 hrs.
so that I can connect to router and use laptop for 2 hrs easily.

Can I go for second option? I think a normal ups costs around 2 k which can hold pc for max 20 mts. But can it give back up to router for 3 hrs, is the query.

pls suggest.

thanks.

cloudTrader

I think you may find help with this product. I copied the text from the online shopping site where I found this product. Below I have given the link to the site as well. Explore about this product.

LAVA 520 Wireless Router

LAVA has come up with an innovative concept serving the basic need of charging and Internet connectivity together. The LAVA W520 creates a Wi-Fi hotspot from the 3G dongle or an Ethernet connection and supports up to 32 users to have an access to the internet. Supplying power to electronic products like iPhone and Smartphones via USB, the device acts as a power bank with massive inner battery power of 5200 mAh which promises up to 8 hours of work time and 10 hours of standby time.

For More Info:

http://www.d2hshop.com/lava-5200-mah-battery-bank-and-wi-fi.html

Hi, I will suggest you to go with Mts 3g plus wifi dongle, As it is offering speed upto 9 mbps and 40 gb of usage PM at just Rs. 1122. I am using it to run my terminals and Amibroker on PC and all my mobiles through it. Quite satisfied.
No issues of power cuts or whatever.