Please advice me / help me to get started on how to invest in stocks

Hi,
IF you average the suggestions, feedbacks shared with you, it will reflects, not to enter & invest share market, then why you want to know Nifty features as well...as there is no feature in the bull market currently..
All the best...:rolleyes:
Rams
Rams,

1) I was told it is Bear market at the moment and not Bull market...

2) Average suggestion in this tread is not NOT TO ENTER share market - but to learn solidly from a qualified person and then cautiously enter the market with some of our funds (not all)...

3) I am not anticipating a fortune from Stock Market as a strong trader but just to invest few thousands so that it helps us to fund some of our expenses - i was told that it is bear market and invest at the moment could be good idea.

I was hoping bunch of GOOD people in this forum would help and guide me to do..thanks for your rather discourageous suggestion...

Cheers, Nisha H Sharma

ARMHM

As a new person to the market I would suggest you study the market. Read some good technical analysis books. Do mock trading. Learn how to go long and short (must). In short acquire as much knowledge as you can. Then you can enter the market, either bear or bull. Money can be made in any type of market if you have a reptile brain.

Hi,
My intension is not to discourage you or pull down your enthusiasm, my point is at this point of time is, either its a bull or a bear market, money is money,either yours or mine (referring to your introduction mail)
once it lost it is very difficult to get back at current levels..,

The point you have raised about generating funds for your expenses, please remove from your mind for time being , before u need to watch the market for couple of months and proceed.. there is lots of hurdles ahead....

Kindly apologies me, if my suggestion hurts your feeling...
All the best
Rams

Rams,

2) Average suggestion in this tread is not NOT TO ENTER share market - but to learn solidly from a qualified person and then cautiously enter the market with some of our funds (not all)...

3) I am not anticipating a fortune from Stock Market as a strong trader but just to invest few thousands so that it helps us to fund some of our expenses - i was told that it is bear market and invest at the moment could be good idea.

I was hoping bunch of GOOD people in this forum would help and guide me to do..thanks for your rather discourageous suggestion...

Cheers, Nisha H Sharma

oxusmorouz

I was hoping bunch of GOOD people in this forum would help and guide me to do..
Guidance for what? How to trade stocks? Please search the forum. Plenty of material available.

Saint's thread is an exhaustive material for noobs. Not sure if Saint will mind replicating his 3year work from his "Teach a man how to fish" in this thread again....would you Saint? :D

H

hari09omkar

I am not anticipating a fortune from Stock Market as a strong trader but just to invest few thousands so that it helps us to fund some of our expenses -
Well,there is nothing called strong trader and weak trader here.Only two classification: profitable trader and non-profitable trader.

i was told that it is bear market and invest at the moment could be good idea.
And before starting on making money,we should learn to disobey the mass,the majority,including the books and the experts,unless proved to be 'not untrue'.Almost everybody is a dumb fool when it comes to trading financial markets.

kkseal

And before starting on making money,we should learn to disobey the mass,the majority,including the books and the experts,unless proved to be 'not untrue'.Almost everybody is a dumb fool when it comes to trading financial markets.
Well said. ('Not untrue' - i like that :) 'True' is a certainty & therefore irrelevant in a game of probabilities; 'not untrue' is certainly better)

Last edited:
Guidance for what? How to trade stocks? Please search the forum. Plenty of material available.

Saint's thread is an exhaustive material for noobs. Not sure if Saint will mind replicating his 3year work from his "Teach a man how to fish" in this thread again....would you Saint? :D
Thanks Oxus,

As lot of people warned me - there exists Saints and people like him and then it seems there exist people who do not miss opportunity to say or write anything does not matter what the other person may feel or whether what they are saying makes any sense...

I have read Saints treads - so wonderful have started learning...at least I will learn TA which may help me in my future job someday...

Simply this other people would have pointed me to consolidated thread which exists in beginers forum...rather making fun of someone's need or expectation...

columbus

Rams,

Cheers, Nisha H Sharma
Yes ,you can make money in bear market also ,if you are well versed with FUTURES.Though I do not advocate STRONGLY not to enter Futures Market without knowing it well ,I want to tell you that it is not that much COMPLICATED as it is made out to be.There are number of messages and threads in TRADERJI on futures and options.To be a successful investor one need not be a GREAT at FUNDAMENTAL or TECHNICAL analysis but should control GREED and FEAR.

ARMHM

Thanks Oxus,

As lot of people warned me - there exists Saints and people like him and then it seems there exist people who do not miss opportunity to say or write anything does not matter what the other person may feel or whether what they are saying makes any sense...

I have read Saints treads - so wonderful have started learning...at least I will learn TA which may help me in my future job someday...

Simply this other people would have pointed me to consolidated thread which exists in beginers forum...rather making fun of someone's need or expectation...
Dont take it as a warning but Saint's method is for short term trading. He is very good at it and his method is good for bull phase as well as for bear phase. Go ahead and dare. Take a little risk because there is no reward without risk, and bigger the risk greater the reward.

As a new person to the market I would suggest you study the market. Read some good technical analysis books. Do mock trading. Learn how to go long and short (must). In short acquire as much knowledge as you can. Then you can enter the market, either bear or bull. Money can be made in any type of market if you have a reptile brain.
Thanks ARMHM - the world sustains on people like you - the 20% lot who are practical, honest, positive, realistic and to the point...they are humble, kind, calm, risk calculator...

Rest 80% are just there to throw their ugly weight here and there so that someone notices them...sadly they think they are expert and authority..they use their mouth more then head, are shrewd, jump to conlusion, risk speculator, rumor spreader and rumor lovers...

Rgds, nisha