Please advice me / help me to get started on how to invest in stocks

oilman5

since u ask for investment............warriors r wounded now.........put money on std gr A
..........longterm 2yr buy

since u ask for investment............warriors r wounded now.........put money on std gr A
..........longterm 2yr buy
oilman,

i remember post dot com environment, a software developer did not find any jobs in US from 2002 Jan - 2004-Jun . which is 2 and half years. i believe this will be worse than that, already all the data is pointing atleast 25 yrs worst and june worst since great depression, that effect will direct bearing on india's s/w and other sectors , i am thinking recovery in 4 yrs is optimistic estimate.

Dear All,

Just came through this great forum yesterday - glad to see lots of good and knowledgeable people in this forum..

I am a student of mba(finance) first year.....as most of good students would.. we too are having bit of financial challage in my family and i need your help....i was wondering if it was possible if i learn stock investing/trading i could earn my expenses to fund my education atleast..we have about 3-4 lacs reserves from my dad's VRS and we are three siblings depends on this fund....we have no other source of income at the moment...could you please help me to get started on how to invest/trade in stocks?

Or would you advice to keep away from it? I can invest for about 8-15 months span for about 30% plus returns....

Thanks tons and tons for your help/advice...

- Nisha H Sharma

Well I am not experienced as others but some things can be replied with comman sense too ...

Investing in stock maket is not bad at all but investing of amount on which some one is dependent is a crime out here.

so its better that u took only 10 k out of these 4-5 lac to trade in stock market not whole amount.

Profits can be earned from any market situation by trading sensible if u make a trade after proper analysis , very first golden rule stay away from TIPS or TRADING WITH SOME OTHER MIND

Your positions must pe properly hedged , so even in case of any crash u don't loose much , never be hurry in trade . first spend ur time in learning for one one month , then in paper trading or trading games like money bhai for next month

And after all this if u think u can earn some , withdraw 10k from ur dad's vrs amount and start trading.

Many people will say stay away from markets at this time , markets are bad aat this moment , volatile, bearish . But if markets recover say after one year and u ask again should i invest now, that same guy will say YOU ARE LATE YOU SHOULD HAVE INVESTED THAT TIME

Ritu

pleaseharsh

yeah true...
like all business and jobs , stock market too demands skill, time , effort,discipline and luck....wt this recent collapse has taught many is stock market is not a lottery machine..that putting money will give u return...cuz after all its an universal law that there is no thing such as 'free lunch'..

Thank you everyone - i am proud to have guidence from such great individuals and this great forum...

like all business and jobs , stock market too demands skill, time , effort,discipline and luck....
Having a strong zeal to learn....how hard would it be to acquire such skills please?

Also is it worth getting deeper in this science?

oxusmorouz

Having a strong zeal to learn....how hard would it be to acquire such skills please?
Unless it is taught by a qualified person, very. If one is misguided (like most people are), it adds insult to injury. Basic talent (as in any other field) will certainly be an added advantage.

Also is it worth getting deeper in this science?
Depends on what is "worthy" enough in one's perception.

columbus

Dear All,

Just came through this great forum yesterday - glad to see lots of good and knowledgeable people in this forum..

I am a student of mba(finance) first year.....as most of good students would.. we too are having bit of financial challage in my family and i need your help....i was wondering if it was possible if i learn stock investing/trading i could earn my expenses to fund my education atleast..we have about 3-4 lacs reserves from my dad's VRS and we are three siblings depends on this fund....we have no other source of income at the moment...could you - Nisha H Sharma

My suggestion is PLEASE DO NOT INVEST from your dad's VRS especially there are people depending on the fund.Still you can not stop the itch then you take out 1/10 th from the fund and invest in one lot of nifty FUTUREs after knowing the trading in futures well, from traderji forum itself.

My suggestion is PLEASE DO NOT INVEST from your dad's VRS especially there are people depending on the fund.Still you can not stop the itch then you take out 1/10 th from the fund and invest in one lot of nifty FUTUREs after knowing the trading in futures well, from traderji forum itself.
Can you/someone throw some light on nifty FUTUREs - what is it? How to learn more about it etc?

Hi,
IF you average the suggestions, feedbacks shared with you, it will reflects, not to enter & invest share market, then why you want to know Nifty features as well...as there is no feature in the bull market currently..
All the best...:rolleyes:
Rams

Can you/someone throw some light on nifty FUTUREs - what is it? How to learn more about it etc?