OrderMan - Ordering interface for NOW + Amibroker

Snake.Head

Okay. Got it.
Too many ini files. Can we make two ini files for scrips?

First file will contain ......
; Exchg-Seg,Inst Name,Symbol,Opt Type,Strike Price,Expiry Date(Set by Position Number)
Scrip = NFO,FUTIDX,NIFTY,,,1
Scrip = NFO,FUTSTK,AXISBANK_F,,,1

Second file will contain.............
Symbol,Qty,ProdType,MaxStopSize,MaxSlippage,DefaultStopSize,DefaultTargetSize,MinTargetStopDiff,TickSize
NIFTY,75,MIS,20,3,13,25,13,0.05
AXISBANK_F,1000,MIS,2,0.5,1.2,2,2,0.05
Seem to confusing by see eg only
Better we keep each settings of into scrips to each own...This one time process + Easy to edit if we want to change

TracerBullet

Okay. Got it.
Too many ini files. Can we make two ini files for scrips?

First file will contain ......
; Exchg-Seg,Inst Name,Symbol,Opt Type,Strike Price,Expiry Date(Set by Position Number)
Scrip = NFO,FUTIDX,NIFTY,,,1
Scrip = NFO,FUTSTK,AXISBANK_F,,,1

Second file will contain.............
Symbol,Qty,ProdType,MaxStopSize,MaxSlippage,DefaultStopSize,DefaultTargetSize,MinTargetStopDiff,TickSize
NIFTY,75,MIS,20,3,13,25,13,0.05
AXISBANK_F,1000,MIS,2,0.5,1.2,2,2,0.05
Seem to confusing by see eg only
Better we keep each settings of into scrips to each own...This one time process + Easy to edit if we want to change
yes, its a one time thing. This way is more clear as there are more number of parameters - which may increase too. Just copy paste and edit. You wont have to edit it after every expiry as we use only position number to identify scrip. You can setup inis for any number of scrips once, and only load ones you need now in "ScripList"

Besides, it makes code much more simple and nice, one simple function to load currently selected scrip's configuration.

josh1

What is position number?

Why do we keep an array of scrips in ini file instead of picking them from market watch? Unless we want to trade scrip not present there.

TracerBullet

What is position number?

Why do we keep an array of scrips in ini file instead of picking them from market watch? Unless we want to trade scrip not present there.
1) position number - Expiry Date dropdown position 1/2/3 based on month.

2) I dont keep all scrips in marketwatch, and after picking from MW, we will still need to set its options. MW wont have Amibroker alias and i dont want to enforce any naming scheme. Every Expiry, you will need to add scrips back in marketwatch. I dont see advantage of taking from it.

Its also faster to open Buy/Sell window directly. In AHK, i didnt find way to select specific row directly. Have to scroll one by one and check symbol.

Anyway, These are one time configurations and then you forget about it. My focus is on reducing regular work.

Edit - Regardless of above, we can always write code to pick up scrips from market watch and present then in separate gui along with editable configuration options that will save to same ini.
I do not feel its worth the effort writing and maintaining it ( for new fields). But if you feel its better for you, you can write it and we can try to put it some settings menu. It will certainly make it more newbie friendly.

Last edited:

josh1

Anyway, These are one time configurations and then you forget about it. My focus is on reducing regular work.

Edit - Regardless of above, we can always write code to pick up scrips from market watch and present then in separate gui along with editable configuration options that will save to same ini.
I do not feel its worth the effort writing and maintaining it ( for new fields). But if you feel its better for you, you can write it and we can try to put it some settings menu. It will certainly make it more newbie friendly.
When a scrip is Rs.100 your SL size and Target is different. When it becomes Rs.200 -- Rs. 300 -- Rs. 500, it starts galloping. Your SL size and Target start changing. There cannot be one time configuration for that.

We can present a window when config file is not present, take configuration from there and save it. Same window could be used to edit config.

TracerBullet

When a scrip is Rs.100 your SL size and Target is different. When it becomes Rs.200 -- Rs. 300 -- Rs. 500, it starts galloping. Your SL size and Target start changing. There cannot be one time configuration for that.

We can present a window when config file is not present, take configuration from there and save it. Same window could be used to edit config.
yes, but these are much less frequent events, and its pretty fast to edit the file and be done. Also, For me Stop and target will most of the time be set from AB.

Anyway, modifying from GUI is nice to have. I dont like writing GUI code, and AHK is pretty bad for it (QT is much nicer). Current GUI function is quite a mess for layout handling ... If you want, you can write separate class with settings GUI and we can merge it - perhaps can add some settings icon to open it. But wait, after next release ill try to add some basic guidelines for coding style.

josh1

Instead of AXISBANK future it places order on ABIRLANUVO future. Where am I wrong? AXISBANK_F is present in RTDMan.ini