Order Flow and volume profile trading

I want know how many interested and your experience

• Total voters

mt4trader

Last edited:

TradeOptions

Can somebody expand the meaning and importance of these.
Thanks
@The_Bank, thank you bhai for sharing good info. I think you should take it as a praise, that few guys consider you to be one of the Top Programmers in the OFA World. :lol: Although I am sure that you are not that guy.

C_R_Kumar ji, I am no expert in OFA, but I would give it a shot, to explain that highlighted point.

Financial Markets by their very nature are a Continuous Auction Process, right from the market start to the closing bell. But for the sake of analyzing the price action, most traders breaks it up into Fixed Time Brackets like 1 min, 5 min etc. Market auctions / probes / swings etc. do not care for such time brackets. They keep on going on in a continuous manner.

There are a few traders who think that studying the price action from the perspective of Directional Probes is much more important then putting that kind of action into fixed time brackets, which distorts those probes. It is totally a matter of perspective and the kind of trading game plan, that one is using.

In this kind of analysis, each probe/wave/swing is analyzed separately in a systematic manner, in order to gauge the various aspects of that particular price probe, like what is the Directional Intent, Aggressiveness, Degree of success of that probe, Kind of effort that is being needed to make x amount of movement in that direction, Kind of opposite response that is being faced by this particular probe, and what all that might be suggesting about the overall direction in which the market is trying to move in this moment... and so on.

All these are very very subjective analysis kind of topics and these would make zero sense for those traders who are accustomed of looking at price through fixed technical indicators etc. You would learn about all these if you spend enough time in going through auction market and OFA related stuff available on the internet.

I cannot explain in too much details, so please do not ask me to do that. All I would like to say is that the approach that has been explained by The_Bank, is very valid and I know a few guys who trade successfully that way. But all this would work, only for those traders who like to analyze market in the subjective manner, there is nothing in it for the completely automated kind of traders, because it involves a great deal of understanding of the context, the background, within which a particular price probe is happening. It involves proper homework and dedicated effort. Not as simple and straightforward as looking at moving averages and ADX based systems etc.

Thanks and regards

Last edited:

TradeOptions

------------

Last edited:
Hi all,
Has anyone found new utility to read tick data after the sunset of YUSI's utility.
Please help....

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk