Which Strategy you mostly use?

• Total voters

coolbull

@Coolbull

Ok, I see you are in charge of different accounts from different people with different risk profiles. That is why you do all the different strategies at the same time in those different accounts with different derivates. Needs really attention to do so with so many different legs implemented in the market at the same time. This specially in fast moving and high volatile markets. Did you ever shoot down one of your own leg/s? (Means: In hectic situations it can happen that we buy or sell the wrong option leg and then that is called: I shoot down my own leg/s). Happens to me in the past, so stopped trading too many different kind of option strategies at the same time in different markets. Today I prefer just one core system/option strategy and from time to time some other ideas, but rarely at the moment. But as I trade one account, this is an other situation compare to yours. And yes, I am the one you mentioned, but I can since Jan no more log into the DPU account, as I lost my pw and my old e-mail address was closed since a long time. But never mind. Take care :)

yeah i did shot down my leg in initial days.....we all traders virtually start off the same way... its only time,circumstances ,skill sets,psychology of trader makes us different traders in a long run.... i had my share of mistakes simiilar to all traders....

I made huge blunders, initially worked on different platform ....so messed up lot of times.....But option attract less taxes so manged many times,took small loses or hedged with futures and did many repairs works.......father of all blunder was placed pair trade low funded account with huge margin requirement from broker (margin,entry,exit,risk reward was calculated...placed order ,got fill and when i was working on something else...blunder happened),and other grandfather blunder was missed some orders thinking all orders exceuted....

Now i pay really close attention to each and every details......

thanks
take care

coolbull

-------------- Open Trade ----------------------------

calender straddle spread : debit Spread( sep -oct)

sold sep
7800c @156 now @ 193 = -37
7800p @110 now @82.65 = 27.35

Bought oct
7800p @ 149 Now @ 118.6 = -30.4
7800c @215 Now @ 276 = 61

--------------- 20.95 --------------

NO (Nifty/Banknifty) futures trades today

sold sep
7800c @156 now @ 202 = -46.50
7800p @110 now @ 72.50 = 37.35

Bought oct
7800p @ 149 Now @ 107.9 = -41.1
7800c @ 215 Now @ 264.75 = 49.75

----DOWN-----(-.35 ) --------------

same trade in other account in UP by 30 points ----(took on 14 aug )

Took 2 trades in nifty and bank nifty mixed results but ended positive

if u r pair trading or going for calender spread consider these factor as well....

Today ::: Aug OI is Bullish
Sep OI is Bullish
OCT OI is bearish

if u want u can pick top 3-5 ce/pe OI and COI to check market trend

coolbull

sorry sir,for being rude i think i did not understand your answer or few question are still unanswered.
thanks for this thread its good one
can i do pair trade of nifty only for a day or few days?

thanks
No worries(i might not have put it in correct way), although i was Manager and trainer used to be called as sir,bhai and what not but please ignore sir on this platform.. this forum is old india were everybody was treated equally...if somebody comes and reads the thread is itself an honor.....

Yes pair trade can be done intraday or for weekly or for expiry again choice is urs based on ur skill-sets/risk profile and view of ur trading(part time trader,gambler,timepass,serious bread butter trader)....

if u r buying pairs then make sure u dont keep it for long.....as time decay hurts......

If u r selling pairs then make sure write strike is selected and should be kept for some time....u can get more if ur view is correct....it earns 2 ways i for right direction and one for time decay.....even if market stays in a range it helps as u earn daily on time decay......only huge volatility hurts, which can be taken care of by some repairs or adjustments and time......

say u have an active trade (short otm ce/pe or atm ce/pe)....early morning/closing time ur position might be in negative as volatility is high but once market settle downs u can see some profit on ur pair.....

although this is generic does not happen always mostly happens in range bound market or slow trending ones....

read option sites ,books daily....understand the logic do some paper trades(i mean monitor the trades as a actual one keep alog of it..probably every 15m)
then once comfortable....start trading small quality......i am sure it will bore u at first but it will help u grow fast as a trader......u will make errors and losses accept it gracefully thats the market fees that goes into system and that keeps it alive.....

good students learn with small tution fee coz they are patient enuf to learn (how to earn consistently instead of earning everything in one trade)

remember pair trades,multi leg trades ,futures,option involves lot of attention and clean-clear mind + it needs good software + low brokerage ....then only u can earn something as its a low profit high probability game.... loose small earn big to stay in the market for longer time....

hope this helps
feel free to ask

Last edited:

coolbull

was used for yesterday

----------------------------------- Bank nifty /Nifty : support /resistance Buy /sell probability Intraday ------------------

Chart @now

Last edited:

coolbull

sold sep
7800c @156 now @ 227 = -71
7800p @110 now @ 63.7 = 46.3

Bought oct
7800p @ 149 now @ 97 = -52
7800c @215 Now @ 258.7 = 62.85

--------------- -13.85 -------------------

@this moment this spread is lossing more than earning.....I use daily futures as a hedge for the same.....hedge is earning good....

coolbull

bhaiya ye charts kaise banaiye???? aap kaunsa indicator istemall karte hai?

--------------------- I use it for intraday futures ----------------
I used excel for the same.....support resistance line is based on fibo calculations....Buy /sell like is visual points plus fibo/volatility and other combination points.......last point is ltp and support/resistance based on ltp

-------------------- Purely mechanical trade -----------------------

I used many indicators in past....now i simply use chart patterns with price action and some other trading methods(i have my secrets)

secrets that helps me loose good....yeah....haarna ek kala yeh.....u have to learn to loose...here everything comes to win and make it big....i come to loose, loose gracefully and earn consistently:thumb:

Enjoy trading,Take care

Blackhole

sold sep
7800c @156 now @ 227 = -71
7800p @110 now @ 63.7 = 46.3

Bought oct
7800p @ 149 now @ 97 = -52
7800c @215 Now @ 258.7 = 62.85

--------------- -13.85 -------------------

@this moment this spread is lossing more than earning.....I use daily futures as a hedge for the same.....hedge is earning good....
par yeh toh loss de raha har
its 7800 now market @7900
is it good? how to manage such trade?
how to enter such trade- exit such trade