option action

pannet1

Probably the best way to track delta-neutral strategy is using the Portfolio Manager option.
yes. i am using it. But how do you represent closed position is my question. suppose you have sold a put and closed it (bought back). how do you represent it. you will add another sold order and mention it as close. (or) another buy order and mention it as close. :confused:

Expected Move value new feature has been added recently in OAWEB, can anybody explain what is expected move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmca2006

Option action web version recently launched, anybody tried?

Tried but I am not convinced with option action in comparison to option oracle , a free tool .
Sometimes I am getting wrong pay off graph / wrong lot size leading to wrong profit / loss calculation:(
More over did not get any save option of market strategy.

pannet1

Tried but I am not convinced with option action in comparison to option oracle , a free tool .
Sometimes I am getting wrong pay off graph / wrong lot size leading to wrong profit / loss calculation:(
More over did not get any save option of market strategy.
hi mmca2006,

this is very different from my experience. may be you are a perfectionist. i felt the open source option oracle was lacking many features when i checked.

i was able to save the market strategy and reopen it in OA. did you update it to the latest greatest version.

Option action web version recently launched, anybody tried?

so far the experience is gr8. New features like expected move, mobile friendly charts are truly innovative. Compared with OA Exe tool and OA Web values are matching. Now waiting for the Portfolio to be replicated in OA Web as well.

Atlast Indian option trader got one intelligent and informative tool with good user experience.

Hats off to the developer!!!

mmca2006

hi mmca2006,

this is very different from my experience. may be you are a perfectionist. i felt the open source option oracle was lacking many features when i checked.

i was able to save the market strategy and reopen it in OA. did you update it to the latest greatest version.
No, I am not a perfectionist:)..I failed to save in WEB version of OA. My Desktop version OA is showing market lot size of RELBANK is 1 !! :confused:

pannet1

No, I am not a perfectionist:)..I failed to save in WEB version of OA. My Desktop version OA is showing market lot size of RELBANK is 1 !! :confused:
oh you are talking about equities .. i was only using Bank Nifty with the desktop version. It was smooth as silk until you load all your closed positions and adding more and more rows. ... then it starts to hang and closes .. mostly reopening and loading the saved startegy data works.