Open Source Project for MetaStock

SVN is a Subversion repository for Source code. Its a source control for multi developer projects. In order for you to get the source out of the tree you need to use an application like tortoiseSVN. And you will have to follow the instructions on the sourceforge website for setting it up.
http://tortoisesvn.net/

Otherwise you can view the tree from Internet explorer.
http://meta-all.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/meta-all/

If you are serious about helping develop on the project you will need to install tortoiseSVN to always have the latest source code. The following is a link describing the setup process for SVN access of the source code
http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=179878

The DLL version of the software is not publicly available other than in the SVN repository and will not be available until its stable enough to release.

Remember this software is only in Alpha release, and is by no means bug free or 100% stable. You are using it at your own risk, so back up you data on a regular basis.

The software and the data sources are free.......so remember you get what you pay for. I try my best to help people, but if you want a high end service, and high end data, its best to look elsewhere and pay for a high end service......but don't expect the same of this software and of myself.

Just so everyone is aware, I have no plans to make this intraday......maybe in a couple of years if I have nothing else to do........maybe. If someone wants to develop this portion of the software, I am more than willing to have them join the project. Right now this project is EOD data only.......and until this portion is working flawlessly this is the goal.

If you would like to help develop source code for the project I highly recommend reading all the information on Sourceforge about using the SVN repository and getting setup with Tortoise. Read the tortoise help files if you need to.

I am swamped with my own investing and have very little time, the little time I do have goes into this pet project Meta-All which I happen to offer for free, and with open source.

With all that being said I hope to get a stable release out for people to use, but I can't say when that will be, so unfortunately everyone will have to be patient.........thats the price of free software.

Cheers,

Trevor

JDM,

Good to hear from you, its been a while, I hope all is well with you.

Its taken a while to get to this stage, and to release this version of the software.

There is still work to be done, bugs to fix, functions to implement, user manual to update, code examples for excel, C++....etc.

We will get there eventually.....

Cheers,

Trevor

FYI - for anyone following the software

I have posted a Users manual for v0.11 in the downloads section and on the project website(the link can be found in the application itself)

I have the DLL working with a sample Excel VBA application which shows reading and writing to a metastock directory. I will probably post this example with the next release of the software. I have the DLL configured as COM based now and it should work with older versions of VB, C++ etc.

Cheers,

Trevor

I just posted a new version of Meta-All, which fixes a couple bugs mainly the Yahoo 20min delayed bug, and some other cosmetic things.

Along with this release, the DLL now supports and provides a COM interface, though the COM interface is not perfect it provides the major functions.

I have created a Excel VBA sample which shows how the DLL can be used with EXCEL VBA to read and write to MetaStock Files.

Cheers,

Trevor

jdm brought something to my attention regarding v0.12

I forgot to clear the paths.txt file and the application crashes when loading.

1.You can go to Sourceforge and download a fixed version

or

2. if you find paths.txt in c:\program files\meta-all\
and delete everything in the file so that it is completely empty(but do not delete the file)

both of these two options should solve the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Trevor

Did anyone manage to get the Excel application to work on their machine.

I have been unable to get the Excel application to work on any machine other than my development machine........

I am struggling to determine what the problem is.......and why it doesn't work on other machines.

Trev