Online investing of mutual funds

This clarity is what I have not received from Sharekhan yet.:annoyed:
I have two mails from ICICI regarding their revised brokerage structure based on new SEBI guidelines but none from Sharekhan. This has prevented me in investing in Tax Savers since August (other reasons also a contributing factor though ;)).
When I called up Sharekhan they clearly say that they dont charge any brokerage fee for MFs. But of course, they cannot assure if that will change or not in the future

Yes, you can have SIP and STP with Sharekhan. Not sure abt systematic withdrawal but I think that should be possible as well. One more good thing about Sharekhan is availability of Flexi-SIP. Under Flexi-SIP, you can choose to invest in funds daily, weekly or monthly which means better flexibility over regular SIP.

Hope this helps.
I understand the SIP/flexi SIP option would be convenient as it puts money into MFs periodically, on automated basis.
However, I would still manually need to transfer money from bank to sharekhan just before the monthly SIP date, now thats a pain isnt it?
To avoid this hassle, if I just keep money idle in sharekhan (since I dont really trade much) that doesnt earn interest unlike a bank.

Thanks for your replies :)