Online investing of mutual funds

Flock

Re: Question re ICICIDirect.com

You can start a new SIP at the end of 2 years for another 2 years. Does it make any difference?

Rgds

ARMHM

My present SIP ends after 2 years.

if I start another SIP after two years, wudnt it be a new SIP with a 2 year term?

Plz clarify.
Why opt for SIP in the first place? If you are a disciplined saver just put in your money in a regular fund. This way you can not be forced to pay a fixed amount every month. In fact you can put more amount occassionally(like Diwali bonus etc.) Besides SIP and regular both attract same entry load. Nowadays you can eliminate the agents and buy MF directly without paying entry load.

milind

Hello All

Am new to this website and find it very informative.

Am a relatively new investor and recently opened a MF Trading account with icicidirect.com.

I have invested into 3 different funds using SIP.

Trouble is, icicidirect.com only lets me set the maximum tenure for SIP as '24 Months'. has anyone else faced a similar problem? I was ideally looking to invest for 5 years however the maximum tenure on SIP's that I see on my account is 24 months.

Please help.

Thanks
Hemant
Why are you with ICICIDirect? Work directly with the AMC and save 2.25% load that you otherwise pay.

-- Milind

Thanks AR & Milind for your valuable suggestions.

What I hate the most is when people start giving unwarranted advice and think others havent done their homework before investing. I obviously have my reasons of investing in SIP and through ICICIDirect and know my goals and financial implications better than anybody else. Anyway, I wudnt want to comment on it further and turn this post into an argument of sorts.

My question still remains. If I was to start a new SIP after 2 years, it wudnt carry the investments and returns of my present SIP (As it'll be a new 24-month SIP) and hence will not be a 4-yr SIP. Plz clarify if my train of thought is correct.

Cheers
Hemant

Trading of mutual funds using online trading platforms

Hello fellow Traderjis,

I am new to the markets and am considering trading an index fund, specifically one that tracks the SENSEX. My primary reason for this is that, to start with, I believe that it'd be easier for me to keep on top of the movement of the index and the factors influencing it, than it'd be for me to watch and analyze individual stocks. I would have just picked an index fund and traded it through the fund manager's website, but I would also like the ability to short sell units of the fund, and this, as I understand, would not be possible through a fund manager. Are there online trading platforms/brokers that allow trading of mutual fund units and also short selling of the same? If so, could someone enlist a few for me? If such brokers don't exist would anyone have suggestions as to how I can proceed given my objectives?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Varun

Trading of mutual funds using online trading platforms

Trading Software called "TradeTiger" of Sharekhan Ltd. allows Mutual Fund Trading. I allows buy and sell of Mutual Fund schemes. But i have heard it will provide more features of Mutual Fund trading in its next version which will release after 1 week.