Once again Turtle Soup ..

sr114

sr114, As I dont use Amibroker hence my query/comments may be too elementary. Saw the exploration results. What exactly do they represent ? I have understood this is a List of Stocks that have made 20 Days Low Today( on the day of Exploration) !
Can you use a filter in your exploration for the traded quantity (Volume)? Just checked on a random stock from this exploration result that I felt might have been traded too thinly : Pilani Investment : Just 609 shares have been traded !!! :p
If I remember correctly then as per the rules discussed in earlier thread, this exploration result can be used in TS +1 only. (I Do Not have much clarity on TS+1 trading ) In TS we trade it on the day the previous 20 period low, min 4 sessions earlier is breached.
Saw HDFC bank chart, money could have been made in it on 30th Jan it seems.
Trying to Post a explanatory chart :

Hello

in the exploration i generally use a filter where the close price is greater than Rs. 50 and min volume is greater than 50000. ( here the full code is given and i have disabled the filter to show the complete list) ( the ltp filter u can set - the price u r comfortable)

look carefully - the result contains the LTP and Vol part ( further the vol is compared with its 21 day ema - for getting the liquidity part)

for TS - other than the 20 day hi or lo , the other part is min 4 days ago the criteria must have occurred . and we enter on the next day of the signal generation.

rgds
subroto

rangarajan

Re: Exit Strategy for Turtle Soup

So, we will use the difference between Entry price and Daily E15 as our entry filter. Let me explain.
In the above BHEL example, our risk is 2.15 points. So if Daily E15 is not at least two times the distance we skip the trade.
jamit,
What is E15 pl

By the way,in SBI(Nse cash) the Filter for entry worked well till now(2423+1.2approx)

rangarajan

SBI 2448.

My thanks to SKS for having given us all ,the Exposure to this Turtle Strategy though he may not be the original inventor.

Now ably & nicely continued by jamit & karnani ,not to forget anup for starting the thread once again.

I recall anuragmunjalji saying that he had traded this TS long back & welcome his experience for Exit.

anup

@RR : Great job sir..I always wonder, you have tremendous analytical skills and also you motivate people ...Thanks for your support
@RK: The kind of clarification you come up with is really fantastic and it helps many to avoid wrong trade.Thanks..
@Jamit: You are cool dude.I have followed you in gurmy's thread..You suggest very good things..Thanks
@Smart_Trade: Last but not the list Smart_Trade for encouraging us to learn new methods..
And Thanks to SKS for suggesting turtle soup method..
And i have to thank Linda and Street Smart guys for their wonderful work in discovering Turtle soup method

And thanks to all the TJ members for your contributions ..