NSE Scandal!! BSE like scam in the making??

TradeOptions

Colocation is an International phenomenon ! Its so common abroad ! Why is it a scandal!!?

Colocation has nothing to do with SL being hit accurately as feared! Fact is a SL remains undisclosed till the level is triggered so its all bull to say that SL are revealed to a selected few!
umesh bhai, this report is not saying anything that you have mentioned.

No one is against Co-location or HFT. But it is should be fair and transparent. When NSE employees are rigging the system to help a few HFT guys, then that must be opposed. It is not same as saying that all HFT is fraud etc.

Guys please read the report before making an opinion.

Regards

TradeOptions

You can’t use defamation to gag the press, Bombay HC tells NSE

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/PIdqhlgdpQiCkWeO5Fh2mK/You-cant-use-defamation-to-gag-the-press-Bombay-HC-tells-N.html#nav=editor_picks

Mumbai: The Bombay high court on Friday said the National Stock Exchange Ltd (NSE) cannot use defamation suits to gag the media as it heard a Rs.100 crore defamation case filed by the bourse against financial news website Moneylife.
You “cannot use defamation to gag the press”, justice Gautam Patel said while hearing the matter.
Appearing on behalf of the NSE, lawyer Virag Tulzapurkar argued that an article published by Moneylife on the NSE was defamatory and should not be republished. The article was written by Sucheta Dalal, a consulting editor for Moneylife.
“How is it defamation when Ms Dalal sent you questions before publishing the article and you (NSE) chose not to respond to the query?” the judge asked.
Patel posted the matter for hearing on 24 August.
Moneylife has agreed not to republish the story until the matter is decided by the court. NSE did not immediately respond to an email query sent seeking comment on the case.
On 8 July, Dalal wrote an article on the website alleging that some NSE staffers were leaking sensitive data related to high frequency trading or co-location to a select set of market participants so that they could trade faster than their competitors.
Her article was based on an alleged complaint made to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) in January by an official of a Singapore-based hedge fund.
“I wish to draw your attention to a sophisticated market manipulation done at NSE for several years at NSE co-location. The most shocking aspect is that when the matter came to the knowledge of NSE management team, they have chosen to hush up the matter under the carpet rather than coming out in open against the same,” said the letter addressed to B.K. Gupta, deputy general manager, Sebi.
“The market manipulation that I am referring to has been occurring by enabling certain vested brokers to get market price information ahead of the rest of the market and thus enabling them to front-run the rest of the market,” it adds.
Co-location refers to bourses allowing members to set up automated trading systems on their premises to reduce the time required for orders to flow between the exchange and the broker’s trading system.
Early this week, responding to an email query, an NSE spokesperson said that the exchange had filed a defamation suit against an organization and its representatives who published unsubstantiated and misleading reports against the exchange.
A separate statement from the exchange said that a defamation suit with a claim of Rs.100 crore had been filed in the Bombay high court.
“As you know, since inception, NSE has been maintaining a high degree of surveillance and integrity in its day-to-day operations, strictly adheres to the rules, regulations and guidelines issued by the regulators from time to time,” said the spokesperson in the emailed response.
NSE in a statement on Friday declined to comment further at this juncture.
NSE trying to silence Sucheta Dalal, rather then trying to clean up the mess. Shame on NSE.

You can’t use defamation to gag the press, Bombay HC tells NSE

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/PIdqhlgdpQiCkWeO5Fh2mK/You-cant-use-defamation-to-gag-the-press-Bombay-HC-tells-N.html#nav=editor_picks

NSE trying to silence Sucheta Dalal, rather then trying to clean up the mess. Shame on NSE.
SEBI is probably the most hypocritical organisation there ever is. They are always talking about investor convenience and bullshit and overlook all such matters which needs its interventions.

ppl here are saying that colocation is normal but i think this is a fraud bcose here rich persons are buying an edge over others by paying to nse. and nse happily doing this. w here is level playing ?:annoyed:

TradeOptions

@above

any big factory is capital intensive, not everyone can buy that factory and hence have the edge of 'factory owner', then is it fraud?
It's fraud only when you are not allowed to become a factory owner some day.
That is completely fair onlinegtrash.

Please guys, do not make this thread into a Pro or Against "HFT and Algo and Co-Lo Facility" etc. type of discussion thread. Because then everything gets mixed up.

As I have already stated above, this thread is about the FRAUD that is being done by NSE Employees "as explained very clearly in the pdf report of the original whistle blower". If NSE provides the same facilities transparently to anyone who is willing to pay the fee of that service, then that is fair. But giving an edge to some special guys by tweaking the whole mechanism is a clear cut fraud, just like "insider trading" and when NSE itself is involved in this, then that makes it a very serious crime.

If any one of you want to discuss the normal plus and minus points of Algo and HFT etc. then kindly do that in a separate thread. Let this thread to remain focused on NSE Scam.

Thanks a lot

@above

any big factory is capital intensive, not everyone can buy that factory and hence have the edge of 'factory owner', then is it fraud?
It's fraud only when you are not allowed to become a factory owner some day.
i disagree with u. this example is not right. factory has a cost for its resources but here nse is charging fee to place there severs b4 others. this process of changing place has no cost. but since there is an opportunity to earn money nse is doing this. nse is a gov org it sud not auction this colocation. nses aim sud be to build capital market not to earn profit from this. instead of auction lottery system wud do better. i think it is as fixing a price to let students see exam papers in a school if they can pay that fixed price

TradeOptions

i disagree with u. this example is not right. factory has a cost for its resources but here nse is charging fee to place there severs b4 others. this process of changing place has no cost. but since there is an opportunity to earn money nse is doing this. nse is a gov org it sud not auction this colocation. nses aim sud be to build capital market not to earn profit from this. instead of auction lottery system wud do better. i think it is as fixing a price to let students see exam papers in a school if they can pay that fixed price
Dear Sachin, I understand your emotions and completely agree with them. Deep down I myself have similar Feelings. But this is actually a misconception that most common / normal retail traders like us have.

NSE is not a Government Organization. :confused::eek:
I know most people will be shocked to know this. But that is the truth.

NSE works to make profit, just as other companies work. It is supposed to be working towards making an open / fair / transparent Capital Market that helps the countries overall growth, but its more interest is in making money for itself and it pays big fat paychecks to its managers etc. out of this money.

Why do you think NSE sends legal notices to those guys who help the normal retail traders to gain access to cheap data ? Do you know how exorbitant are the prices that NSE charges for legal data feeds ? If their aim is to make the markets grow, they would promote cheap data, so that more and more guys get access to it.

Anyway, all this posts are off topic here. Maybe one should start a separate thread to discuss other aspects of NSE and let this thread be focused on the Fraud that is happening inside NSE.

Thanks and regards