NSE NOW, ODIN DIET & Browser based

Trading platform

• Total voters
nest is very fast but charts suck.
What sort of charting is provided in Odin? Is it at least basic OHLC, volume-info? What are the time-frames offered?

Whose Odin have you used? In case, you've used Angel's Odin, I'm considering joining Angel Broking (other than Zerodha), so does Angel's Odin hang like Rk's? Does Angel's Odin update quotes every second? I've read in the other thread that it updates every 4-5 seconds :( Is that true? Thanks :)

What sort of charting is provided in Odin? Is it at least basic OHLC, volume-info? What are the time-frames offered?

Whose Odin have you used? In case, you've used Angel's Odin, I'm considering joining Angel Broking (other than Zerodha), so does Angel's Odin hang like Rk's? Does Angel's Odin update quotes every second? I've read in the other thread that it updates every 4-5 seconds :( Is that true? Thanks :)
Yeah, i used Angel's Diet Odin, i think ohlc is there but i use candlesticks. It does not hang but if net gets disconnected you have to relogin, it can't reconnect automatically like Nest. Quotes are not fast, there is a 1 or 2 second delay compared to Nest. They had made my quotes to update once every 5 seconds by providing me a diet.angelbolt.com broadcast server, now everytime after i login, i change the server in the registry to fcast.angelbolt.com and have to disconnect and reconnect the broadcast from tools menu for the new fcast to activate, so now there is only a 1 or 2 second delay. i have to do this everytime after i login. i don't know what is their idea by providing slow broadcast to me. Since their server is in bombay and i am in bangalore, it could be related to distance, some bombay users in other thread said they were getting fast quotes in Angel's Odin. i hope this helps.

Last edited:

Hi, I have been associated with Angel from last few years and using ODIN. I have never faced any streaming problem in ODIN, there is hardly any difference. It also depends on the speed of net connection which you have. As my experience is concerned, it has never hanged.

Yeah, i used Angel's Diet Odin, i think ohlc is there but i use candlesticks. It does not hang but if net gets disconnected you have to relogin, it can't reconnect automatically like Nest. Quotes are not fast, there is a 1 or 2 second delay compared to Nest. They had made my quotes to update once every 5 seconds by providing me a diet.angelbolt.com broadcast server, now everytime after i login, i change the server in the registry to fcast.angelbolt.com and have to disconnect and reconnect the broadcast from tools menu for the new fcast to activate, so now there is only a 1 or 2 second delay. i have to do this everytime after i login. i don't know what is their idea by providing slow broadcast to me. Since their server is in bombay and i am in bangalore, it could be related to distance, some bombay users in other thread said they were getting fast quotes in Angel's Odin. i hope this helps.
Hi, Im Angels client and reside in Mumbai but due to my work I travel a lot. Few days back I was on a visit to Delhi and was using ODIN on my laptop. During that time there wasnt any streaming issues. The net connection also plays an important role. I was using Reliance net connect data card and even this helped me a lot. Also, the charts are good enough which a lay man can understand.

Hi, I’m Angel’s client and reside in Mumbai but due to my work I travel a lot. Few days back I was on a visit to Delhi and was using ODIN on my laptop. During that time there wasn’t any streaming issues. The net connection also plays an important role. I was using Reliance net connect data card and even this helped me a lot. Also, the charts are good enough which a lay man can understand.
I use bsnl broadband, i have not tested with other isp's. it might be a broadband issue or distance issue, i don't know. i would like to hear from another bangalore user to confirm. when i complained about slow quotes, they asked me to request the local branch and make them understand the problem, and they wanted the local branch guys to request the bombay guys to increase the broadcast speed for bangalore, jayanagar branch. I did it and that's how i came to know about the registry tweak fcast.angelbolt.com. now the speed is ok, and when i complained the speed is still not as fast as Nest, they said Nest uses different technology. so i gave up. The speed is okay for traders who trade based on charts.

Hmm I thought Odin could reconnect :down: Thanks for answering :)

Could you tell me if Odin offers "Take-Profit" facility? Which Indian software/client offers it? How about "Trailing-Stop-Loss"? (I guess not)

And how fast can we load our (market as well as limit) orders? Does it take many clicks/buttons?

Hi, I’m Angel’s client and reside in Mumbai but due to my work I travel a lot. Few days back I was on a visit to Delhi and was using ODIN on my laptop. During that time there wasn’t any streaming issues. The net connection also plays an important role. I was using Reliance net connect data card and even this helped me a lot. Also, the charts are good enough which a lay man can understand.
Hi, I think you're getting a good service from Angel, right? I'm also in Mumbai, can you tell me which branch in Mumbai are you dealing with? Is there customercare responsive enough? I've heard varied views on Angel's service.

Also, if possible, please answer my questions to Chetanbang as well :)

R

respectinvestor

In NSE NOW Expiry net postion is updated next day only in my system, but in ODIN updates immediatey. It like that or any settings i have to do in my system?
@arulanandhan: could you give some more updates on functioning of NOW...how does it compare with other trading platforms like PIB or KEAT prox..I have taken feedback from some other trader friends using this..how fast is quote updation compared to other platforms and I presume that you have used others also...thinking of shifting to ZERODHA...brokerage is only one factor..as a trader ease of putting orders and squarring off positions matters more to me...reliability of platform is utmost for me...at the same time I have reasons to believe that since its an NSE provided platform ..functioning should be good...still how convenient its for a full time trader..

wow, today Angel's diet odin is very fast, as fast as nest, i am observing this from the past few days but as the day progress the quotes speed slows down by 1 or 2 seconds compared to nest.

wow, today Angel's diet odin is very fast, as fast as nest, i am observing this from the past few days but as the day progress the quotes speed slows down by 1 or 2 seconds compared to nest.
Hi, my experience with Angel diet has been good enough. As I have mentioned in my previous post that even the speed of the internet matters a lot. May be there might be internet speed issues during the afternoon time. I think you should once check with your internet service provider about the speed.