NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr114

Yusi

the backfill is ok but sometimes some of the scrips are not properly backfilled as the source (The Hourly statistics ) is somewhat gobbled up. also the fut and options are not backfilled otherwise it is ok. my system is under 32 bit windows xp service pac 3.5 enebled, and i face no problem.

regards
sr

lvgandhi

The new version, 0.7, I am working on has more diagnostics related to backfill. It should be ready early next week.

However, other users who are on XP, have reported successful backfill. So it is not 64 bit as I thought initially (some users have tested on that platform), also it is not XP. I thought I had given you sufficient screenshots so that you could identify where it is failing in the operation. If the problem cannot be identified, it cannot be addressed. That is where it stands.
Thanks for your response. I think I have followed all your instructions as per screen shots given by you. Today also I tried during and after market timimg.
I opened ami database. Now with all columns as required by you. Hourly statistics window opened with data of banknifty-i one min data but timing I noticed were starting 09:14:40. Then I started now2ami. Symbols checked. Then application checking also went ok. But when I start backfill, pending turns to error immediately.
Have I missed any step or order is not OK.
Certainly I am missing to understand something what you said. If you you can get some idea from my above feedback, kindly let me know.

yusi

lvgandhi, it is unlikely that your operations are wrong. The code does checks prior to initiating backfill. The most likely cause is the interaction between Now2Ami and NOW in the context of your machine/OS. The time interval data shown in the Hourly Statistics window is not aligned to the minute, that is a NOW data issue that we can do very little about except work around.

So, the thing to determine is the assumption that the code logic is making that does not apply to your machine. Once (and if) identified, it would be trivial to take care of it.

lvgandhi

Yusi,
Today I did the import in my laptop with your sw. Though import was ok. It had one peculiar problem that data feed timings show 1 min exactly more than system time.
Further one more thing I observer regarding backfill.
When I did check everything was OK. I did backfill. It opened hourly statistics in NOW and did backfill also. But I closed the sw. I tried backfill again. This time it did not open hourly statistics. Even if I open and keep it above and do backfill, pending turns error immediately.
This happened in my laptop.

Last edited:

lvgandhi

lvgandhi, when you say 'import' do you mean snapshot data capture or backfill?
Data capture always works. Backfill only worked once first time. after that always error I get.

yusi

It had one peculiar problem that data feed timings show 1 min exactly more than system time.
For others who may see this as an issue, a little explanation is in order.

But, before that, a little background: Now2Ami aggregates data into M1 intervals. While each quote is shown in AmiBroker graphs as it is captured, AmiBroker eventually stores only 1 minute OHLC data. This was a design decision, as there may be upto 6.5 hrs x 60 min x 30 = 11700 quotes per symbol if they are captured every 2 seconds. AmiBroker can get sluggish with few days of data. Comparatively, with M1 data, Ami has about 390 quotes per symbol per day.

When you see the Quotes Editor in Ami, you will see data for 09:16:00, 09:17:00, ... etc. This date time stamp is the end of the M1 interval. How this time is reflected in an AmiBroker chart depends on the periodicity (M1, M5, etc), the setting in Preferences -> Intraday (time of LAST tick inside bar, END of time interval). In case you want the first M5 bar to show as 09:20 (and not as 09:19), you may even have to change Trading hours to start at 09:16.

Bottomline: do not confuse data with its representation.

There is also a matter of the M1 bar after 15:30. There should be none for F&O scrips (that is not entirely true as I as have seen volumes changing after 15:30). However, those who use the backfill feature based on the Hourly Statistics data should note that there will be one, it is a peculiarity of that data source. Read the para marked as "Important Note" under the Backfill section in the Help file.

Status
Not open for further replies.