Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiran_thiru

Exited Long @ 5933. Profit locked 100 points. :thumb:

Now Short @ 5933. Stop Loss @ 6012. lets see how this trade goes.
sir, not hitted your stop loss, made high of 6005, closed @ 5957
:thumb::thumb::thumb:
can you post the code of super trend, because there are so many super trend indicators in web so i asked. thank you

kiran_thiru

cubt sir,

in previous trade sl was 6012, so intial sl was 80 points far from your short. now you closed with 12 points profit.now current trade has also sl difference is 70 points.

in this super trend sl was big initially but profit is little. at one stage you are in 70 points profit, but you closed with 12 only.

check about tsl as not loose big profits.

thank you

cubt sir,

in previous trade sl was 6012, so intial sl was 80 points far from your short. now you closed with 12 points profit.now current trade has also sl difference is 70 points.

in this super trend sl was big initially but profit is little. at one stage you are in 70 points profit, but you closed with 12 only.

check about tsl as not loose big profits.

thank you
Hey Kiran

If you have some definable rules for better exits, TSL or Profit booking, please post them here.

We can test them on 4-5 years of past data.

Making conclusions based on just 1 or 2 trades can be dangerous.

Cheers

:) Happy

Cubt

Algo Trader
Kiran,
Super trend is only about catching big trends, that is when there is a movement of 150 to 300 points, u will be there in the trade.

Usually as per this system, the stop loss varies with eah time frame n also tsl keeps moving as per the movement in nifty. You can exit when u get 50 to 70 points as per ur wish n re enter again. But I do not want to mix up discretionary thinking with already proven system. Thats why I exit as per the system,

My intention is to increase my capital in the long run, am not in a hurry to run after each n every 50 points movement. And that doesnt suit my trading personality as well.

As this system already plota fixed traget for each entry, you can exit as and when the target is reached. I will update the target levels as well from my next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.