Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally after back testing all possible time frames, and trading for a while I believe 12 mins time frame works well and super trend system suits my style. Am sure that if I follow my system without any discretionary interruption, I can sustain in the long run.

No matter what, idiye vilunthaalum gonna continue my trading with this system. Hence forth, will keep updating my entries as and when system generates signal.

As of now am long @ 5833. Lets see how it goes
Good decision, you will do well :thumb:

What is the factor & period you are using for NF, are you planning to also trade BNF or only NF for now.

End of the day this is a business of speculation, so some amount of chance will always be there . . .

Best Wishes . . .

:) Happy

Cubt

Algo Trader
Good decision, you will do well :thumb:

What is the factor & period you are using for NF, are you planning to also trade BNF or only NF for now.

End of the day this is a business of speculation, so some amount of chance will always be there . . .

Best Wishes . . .

Thanks.. am using 4 and 6. Not yet decided on bnf, once my complete backbtest is ober on bnf, then I may start bnf as well based on result.

Guys, with regards to my old thread about Swing Trading system for Nifty, there were many major flaws hence decided to quit that system and continue with my old system that am familiar with. I have back tested it with 6 years of data from 2008 to 2013 October.

System Methodology: Using Super Trend

The Excel sheet contains the detailed list about every trades of 6 years of data, trade type, trade executed time, profit each month, maximum loss in a trade, maximum consecutive loss etc. The backtest results are updated with all time frames, 5 Mins, 15 Mins, 30 Mins and 1 Hr

Kindly review the results and backtest by yourself and Choose the Time Frame that suits you & use it if you are comfortable with it.

Results Summary:

Back Test period: Year 2008 to 2013

Chart: 5 Mins TF

Total no of Trades: 2100

Total no of Nifty Points earned: 12207 (excluding brokerage & other charges)

Maximum Loss in one Trade: -321 points

Maximum continues loss in a trade: -916 points (It's due to the 2008 Crash)

Maximum Profit in one trade: 1130 points

Maximum Consecutive profit: 1471 points

Average points per month: 180 Points

Chart: 15 Mins TF

Total no of Trades: 775

Total no of Nifty Points earned: 8450 (excluding brokerage & other charges)

Maximum Loss in one Trade: -237 points

Maximum continues loss in a trade: -696 points (It's due to the 2008 Crash)

Maximum Profit in one trade: 803 points

Maximum Consecutive profit: 1493 points

Average points per month: 126 Points

Chart: 30 Mins TF

Total no of Trades: 403

Total no of Nifty Points earned: 7041 (excluding brokerage & other charges)

Maximum Loss in one Trade: -633 points

Maximum continues loss in a trade: -868 points (It's due to the 2008 Crash)

Maximum Profit in one trade: 867 points

Maximum Consecutive profit: 933 points

Average points per month: 105 Points

Amount Rs. 50,000 with starting Capital in 2008 Jan becomes Rs. 1269871 in 2013 October.

Note: The above calculation is not based on any excel compounding or any other manipulation. It is the result of actual trades taken place from 2008 Jan to 2013 Oct!

try backtesting with supertrend 10,3 in 15 min ...........

Cubt

Algo Trader
Finally after back testing all possible time frames, and trading for a while I believe 12 mins time frame works well and super trend system suits my style. Am sure that if I follow my system without any discretionary interruption, I can sustain in the long run.

No matter what, idiye vilunthaalum gonna continue my trading with this system. Hence forth, will keep updating my entries as and when system generates signal.

As of now am long @ 5833. Lets see how it goes
Holding it still. Currently at 5963 and profit 130.

Holding it still. Currently at 5963 and profit 130.
Hello Cubt

Now that you have finalized a system and fixed the parameters, in your free time you can try this.

Define multiple rules for Adds // and partial profit booking (only for adds)

i.e. define an algorithm for Scale-in // Scale-out.

For e.g. the simplest of rules can be lets say you are now Long on you system

1. After open add above the first Bar or ORB, close at day end . . .

2. Another can be add = close > ref(High,-1) // i.e. strong bull bar . . .

you can try many such combinations

Test different rules for Scale-in // Scale-out, you may just end up doubling your gains with the same system . . .

Wishing you Happy Testing. . .

Cheers

yusi

Was reminded of a very old post where tape found that 11 minutes suited him (finding that post took some digging).

Status
Not open for further replies.