Nifty Intraday Floor Pivots

U

uasish

CV,
Got your point of different Time frame ,yes a new level is generated at 15mins chart.

Asish
NB: This is a 15 min Nifty Fut of to-day.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CreditViolet

CV,
Got your point of different Time frame ,yes a new level is generated at 15mins chart.

Asish
NB: This is a 15 min Nifty Fut of to-day.
Hi Ashish

Looks correct, mine got generated a little lower, but matches almost

Good work

U

uasish

CV,
Told you this old coon will try to pant uphill ,hope you will not be alone very long maybe by upto 2008.Thks your validation boosts us,however earned little also with these levels.
Asish

kkseal

Indeed.The key is - Diff Timeframes and Varying Pivot Strengths.Also once you get the levels, its very imp to collapse/merge them properly.

A good starting material on confluences can be found in Miners book Dynamic Trading.

Rgds
Thanks CV. Will go through Miner.

Regards,
Kalyan.

kkseal

Hi Ashish

Also, another problem is I dont believe that EOD will be of much help, levels on intraday based on different timeframes is the key to get accurate levels.
Why is that? Is it because it's easier to identify S/R lvls (based on price action) & their relative strengths on lower tf charts?

Regards,
Kalyan.

kkseal

CV,
Told you this old coon will try to pant uphill ,hope you will not be alone very long maybe by upto 2008.Thks your validation boosts us,however earned little also with these levels.
Asish
Nowhere near you people Can only keep trying.

Regards,
Kalyan.

C

CreditViolet

Why is that? Is it because it's easier to identify S/R lvls (based on price action) & their relative strengths on lower tf charts?

Regards,
Kalyan.
Hi Kalyan

The key as I said to get accurate levels is lots of diff timeframes plus lots of pivots.On daily chart you could only go to higher timeframes that are seprated by distant pivots and hence the levels are more spaced out and infrequent.On intraday, for eg if you choose to plot it on 5 mins, you have comfort of 5-6 levels on the higher side plus a lot of pivots to base the ratios on.

Hope tht clears it up

Rgds

kkseal

Got it CV. Thanks again.

Actually, in my manually done 'vanilla' method i don't consider all the pivots (even on the daily :p) but only the most significant ones. To determine 'most significant' apart from volumes i somehow find the price pattern in lower tfs (10/15 mins) useful. But then this is just a crude method.

Regards,
Kalyan.