New To Share

Hi,
This is Narmatha , working as a s/w eng from bangalore.
Just i want to invest amount in share market.
Can anyone help me to get start with this?
i dont have much idea abt shares.
It would be very great if someone help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Narmatha.

U

uasish

Narmatha,

A warm Welcome to the Forum.Any Broker having National presence & having internet based Trading Platform,like Indiainfoline / Kotak / Indiabulls / Sharekhan ,can be choosen,the Relationship Manager of that Broker with whom you may have to interact time & again (being a newbie) should be either near your office or near your residence.
Brokerage whether more or less should not be a prime concern now,service / reliability
should be more priority,later on you can just shift your money & shares from this Broker after you get a Hang on the situation.

Asish

I am also new to the share market. Just I opend Demat account in HDFC bank. What are the next procedures to buy and sell shares through internet only. Please reply

AW10

I am also new to the share market. Just I opend Demat account in HDFC bank. What are the next procedures to buy and sell shares through internet only. Please reply
1) Watch the demo of their trading platfrom on their site.
2) Talk to their sales agent if they can hand-hold you. Or talk to any of your friend about the background process of buying/selling shares. You can also read this on various FAQs from brokers site.
3) Buy 1 or 2 shares of 40/50 rs price range to practice. I wish indian brokers should come out with paper trading accounts soon where you can practice. By putting 100 Rs. or less in the market, you can learn the process fast. Please buy bluechip /well known companies (not small cap) in the earlier days.
4) Notice how brokerage, commission, buy, sell price affects net debit/credit from your bank / trading account.

Remember, practice makes a man perfect.
All the best.