New Intermed Uptrend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
saint said:
Hi Dhanya,

Wow......that's a first,a fan..... :) .

First of all, a very warm welcome to you.........and hope that in the various threads you'll find the answers to your doubts.Education is everything for the newcomer to the markets.......learn from books,from the various posts and threads in this forum,ask questions...........do whatever it takes,but educate yourself.Glad to see such enthusiasm,Dhanya.........

Feel free to ask questions.......there are a whole lot of stupendous individuals over here who would only too gladly answer your questions.Fellow members like Ravi and Supratik are great traders constantly throwing out trade ideas.We have Ivanboesky and Wastej whose knowledge of the derivatives market is truly remarkable.If you are looking for a trader who is constantly throwing out super chart patterns and has agreat technical eye and brain,look out for Karthik and Phoenix.Not leaving out great names like Joymittali and Jaideep......truly stupendous traders with an even more stupendous humility to match.I am leaving out the greatest for the last........Amit,a great trader,an even greater teacher,a wonderful human being,and a big heart.There are many others who you'll get to know as you go along.........all truly remarkable individuals.

Once again,a warm welcome......

All the best!
Saint
Hi Dhanya,

As always Saint left himself out of the long list of shining stars at this forum.........you'll find a lot of selfless individuals at this forum.Great set of people here.......and a really great forum.

I am proud to be part of this unique set of individuals.......and welcome on board as well.

Anu

tusharc said:
Hi Saint, Amitb, Ravi,,

Can you please give me some advice on my portfolio..

I made some losses and some profits, even markets were up yesterday but due to my penny stocks i was having a loss..

I would like to restructure my portfolio, i like you guys to have your valuable comments..

Mphasis 200@ 244
Teledata 550@ 29
Marson 5000 @ 7
SYSCHEM INDIA 2000 @ 6
Vishal Exports 2500 @ 9

Please advice me, as you can see most of my counters are in loss

Tushar
Hi Tushar,

I think Amit has already answered this question on his thread ........

Regards,
Saint

Iflex : Infosys: Tata Motors

Iflex break-out. Target 1070, stop loss 920.

Infosys breaks out from long term rising channel. Opens up medium term target of 3350.

Tata motors has crossed a long term resistance. Buy with a stop loss of 530.

For more details visit

http://www.traderji.com/showthread.php?t=1800&highlight=tata+motors

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Attachments

CONTINUATION PATTERNS

SYMMETRICAL TRIANGLE

-usually this one is a pause in the trend,before resuming the prior trend before the formation of the triangle.
-So,therefore,if the previous trend is up,expect a breakout and resumption of the uptrend.
-the average duration is about few months looking at daily charts.
-If the peaks are connected,we'll get a down sloping line.Connect the troughs,and we'll get an upsloping line.
-The point where these 2 lines could possibly meet is called the apex.
-When we see a symmetrical triangle,we are looking for the contination of the previous trend.Say the previous trend was an uptrend,we expect a breakout.
-When the close of that bar /candle is over the downsloping line connecting all the peaks,we say that a breakout has taken place.
-In a symmetrical triangle,we expect the breakout somehere between the half way to the threequarter point from the apex.
-If prices keep remaining within that triangle even after the threequarter point,that breakout may happen,but now a less powerful pattern.
-Once prices breakout,we could have a pullback ....this upper line that connected all the peaks and was resistance.........now becomes support.
-As in most patterns,volume decreases within the symmetrical triangle.
-On penetration of the upper line,expect a pick up in volume.

Trading :First draw the upper lines.Then the lower lines.If a breakout happens when it should,measure the height of the highest point in the triangle ,annd drop aline to the bottom line of the triangle........Let's call this "x".Now add "x" to the breakout area,...........this is our initial target after which we trail stop upwards.Buy the breakout and add on pullback,and then sit back and enjoy the ride.

Interesting point: Quite a few times,the bullish symmetrical triangle breaks down,just prior to resuming an uptrend..........usually occurs very close to the apex.
-characeterised by a 2-3 days of breakdown on high volume before sharply turning higher and resuming the uptrend.
-So,if we get prices moving near the apex of a bullish triangle,and then a big jump in volume on a breakdown,it's a warning of a shakeout bar/candle.

Last edited:
Re: Iflex : Infosys: Tata Motors

nkpanjiyar said:
Iflex break-out. Target 1070, stop loss 920.

Infosys breaks out from long term rising channel. Opens up medium term target of 3350.

Tata motors has crossed a long term resistance. Buy with a stop loss of 530.

For more details visit

http://www.traderji.com/showthread.php?t=1800&highlight=tata+motors

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Very nice,nk..............have been closely tracking TELCO and IFLEX as well.Both looking great.

Great stuff as always!
Saint

karthikmarar

saint said:
Hi Vishal,

There are many that are looking good,some of which are:

1.ABB
2.BHEL
3.TELCO
4.JET
5.ALSTOM PR
6.DR REDDY
7.LUPIN
8.INDIAN HOTELS
9.BAJAJ HIND
10.WIPRO
11.COLGATE
12.ARVIND MILLS
13.IFLEX
14.JP ASSOC
15.IGL
16.BEML
17.ASHOK LEY
18.LIC HOUS FIN

These are looking good.............
All the best!
Saint
Saint

I noticed something interesting. TRIX (9) for the following stocks is is turning from down to up...

APIL, ARVIND MILLS, ASHOK LEYLAND, BAJAJ HINDUSTAN, COLGATE, I-FLEX, INDIAN HOTELS, LUPIN, LIC Housing Finance, JP Associates,

For the following the TRIX has already turned up and rising..

BEML, BHEL, Dr.Reddy, IGL

Interesting.....

Last edited:
karthikmarar said:
Saint

I noticed something interesting. TRIX (9) for the following stocks is is turning from and down to up...

APIL, ARVIND MILLS, ASHOK LEYLAND, BAJAJ HINDUSTAN,
Hi Karthik,

Yep......noticed it.They are all looking great!!Karthik,wanted to ask you something about the TRIX......do u use it on intraday chart patterns as well,or only on daily.Effective on the daily......from what I notice ,it seems as effective on the hourly charts as well.

Have you tried it on the hourly?Any good....?

Saint

karthikmarar

Saint

I have never tried Day trading..(Also I cannot..I will have give up my job.. :) )

But on Fridays which is the weekend here, I try some mock trading. I use the medved quote tracker. In my opinion TRIX will be quite helpful in intraday charts. I have not tried on hourly...I will try this friday.. Just enclosing a chart with one minute tick...though not a good example.

regards

karthik

Last edited:
vinsu said:
Saint, AmitBe, Ravi, Supra, Creameee and others ,,

What stuff you guys are made of ??? Ask , Ask, Ask ...Respected Saint's quote above ...Always ready to help others, always there to explain , explain , explain again and again , give wonderful suggestions on scrips , educate others on technicals , spend your own time to analyse scrips - for others , answering never-ending and often repetitive queries and so on ......i can keep adding your contributions to this forum ...
But why such selfless service ?
Maybe bcos you are Indians ? Maybe you get some satisfaction by helping others ?
Please educate me , enlighten me with your thoughts and mindset that is behind this service ...
Maybe i have missed a lot being out of India for 8 years , but this forum and the service rendered by you guys has touched me a lot .

Emotionally moved NRI
Vinsu
Hi Vinsu/Avinash/Karthik,

Agree.......there's a great satisfaction in helping others.That's one more thing I had wanted to post for some time.........There's always something we can give to another.Sharing need not always be monetary......various ways of sharing.We tend to think that we have to be rich to share.........but there are lots of ways of telling the world we care and would like to share.

Even when we are talking about money,.........there's a great feeling when you are able to help another.In the beginning,I was still new to this whole thing.......thinking of sharing was rather difficult.Well,so was making money....over time,I started to keep money aside for the very basic neccessities,then kept money aside for saving,then a percentage of the rest was given away ,and then only come our expenses........In the beginning it was rather tough.But I stuck to my resolve........we(my wife and I) went on saving and giving to noble causes before we spent on ourselves......this continues till today.

There is an intent every morning, a resolve to plunder even more from the markets ,because the more we have,the more many other people who depend on us benefit.Today I know a few strategies,tech analysis,etc..........share it with everyone.Teach as many concepts to as many people as possible.And I hope that they will in turn do the same for others.

Help,help everyone as much as possible.....Help in every way you possibly can......if you have made a lot of money,give a percentage away regularly.If you know something that could help someone,disseminate that knowledge.If there is a skill you possess and could help someone with it,pllease do it.

Let us keep all our petty little expenses to after we have saved for the future of our kids and given away some and helped others.Expect nothing in return.Help only for helping, share only for sharing, care only for caring ....not for any ulterior motive.

............okay,I have rambled on long enough.......

Sincerely,
Saint

karthikmarar

Noble thoughts of a Noble Man...Saint, My dear friend, my respect and admiration is growing day by day..like a sensex shooting up without correction.... I am trying hard to emulate...will suceed one day..

warm regards

karthik

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.