Need a mentor

Very difficult to find a good mentor who will spend enough time in preparing the new traders. It is a very time cosuming and at times frustrating job.

Good mentors don't come cheap...many will pay Rs 2 Lacs as trading loss but wont spend on learning the craft.....In India we consider that all information/ training related to trading is free and it is our birth right to get everything free...

So in most cases one will never get a good mentor and he has to walk the thorny path all alone.....

Smart_trade

sr114

Very difficult to find a good mentor who will spend enough time in preparing the new traders. It is a very time cosuming and at times frustrating job.

Good mentors don't come cheap...many will pay Rs 2 Lacs as trading loss but wont spend on learning the craft.....In India we consider that all information/ training related to trading is free and it is our birth right to get everything free...

So in most cases one will never get a good mentor and he has to walk the thorny path all alone.....

Smart_trade
ST

u caught the indian mentality very well. we think that everything sud come to us free - be it knowledge or mentorship.
thats why we never get good mentor (lately had a bad experience in that context - ...........)

sr

DanPickUp

its the carrot that dangles in front of the donkey...so that he never loose hope...!
Thanks Linkon7 for your answer

Two thoughts on that:

1. Not loosing hope is not a bad habit as long as we have a chance to reach the target. :)

2. I think some of us do know about that problem (posting only to give hope) and do point our posts in a direction where the readers get a realistic idea about what trading is and not what it could be.

I wish at least that my post's are understood and recognized as that and if not, I made a mistake in my way of posting.

Good trading

DanPickUp

I am ready to mentor someone, if he so wishes.

There would be no charges involved.
Pre requiste would be, that he should have a system to trade intraday.
He should have backtested the system
He should have statistics.

I would help him to overcome his psychological blocks through yahoo messenger, or email or some such avenue.

I would help him to execute his system and make him realise where he is going wrong.

By the way, I would not need disclosure of the system or its rules, just that there should be some rule bound system

People wanting to avail this offer from me, may post here.

People are not ready to be mentored for free also. This shows an ego issue with traders who dont want to accept that they have a problem. OR< no one has a back tested system.

Anyways, offer withdrawn. Keep it up, forum members!

I agree...most people in India expect services to be free...it's like being penny wise pound foolish....trading with a master/mentor can help one go through the 3-4 years of painful mistakes in a shorter period of time....many give up trading because they are unsuccessful...a mentor can help a trader become successful...so a mentor should be paid...be it education or trading calls or guidance on psychology/MM...whatever be the nature of mentorship...if it is providing value there should be a fee...that also makes the service more valuable...because free advise is in many cases not regarded seriously...just my 2 cents on this...

linkon7

Thanks Linkon7 for your answer

Two thoughts on that:

1. Not loosing hope is not a bad habit as long as we have a chance to reach the target. :)

2. I think some of us do know about that problem (posting only to give hope) and do point our posts in a direction where the readers get a realistic idea about what trading is and not what it could be.

I wish at least that my post's are understood and recognized as that and if not, I made a mistake in my way of posting.

Good trading

DanPickUp
Dan,

You are a gem in TJ and one of the few reasons i return to TJ...!

I think chart reading is an evolution process. People move the market and not the other way round. If a trader starts looking at the chart for HOPE and BELIEF instead of patterns, the whole profit curve of the trader will show steady higher high higher low.

a break out is a HOPE... price testing support - resistance... is BELIEF...! Being able to identify when the HOPE or BELIEF of a group of participants is working /failing... is a good reason to enter the market...! failed patterns have better success rate than the original pattern.

Altaf I have 2 good system that works and wouldn't mind being mentored...both are backtested systems... on NF and BNF...how do i contact you?
For initial benefit of what mentoring is, lets keep the discussion here, then we can shift to a different medium.

Initial questions.

Is the system Intraday?

Is the system having absolutely rock solid entry and exit rules, or does it have some ambiguity about trader discretion?

Whats your R/R?