Need a mentor

annu

hi raghavacc

agree with you , people don`t think that trading is a profession they simply say its a gambling . although not a single person is doing full time trading only on tips they invest and loose their money. no acceptance for trading as a profession.

not found a single person in my locality who is even doing positional trading on basis of technical analysis so how can i think about a mentor . till now members of traderji forum are my mentor. saint sir thread teach a man to fish actually teahing me abc of trading . shreenath sir show me how to start with self discipline , psychology , money management , strategy. ofcourse they show me a path now its on me how i follow all these. dhiraj explain his 2652 strategy . and many more gems are here.

whenever i visited religare office i found two or three trader there . but whenever i ask them trading related question they ignore . so i am totally depend on cyber world to learn trading.

regards

annu

rajputz

No body wants to share his her knowledge, unknowingly that they can improve it by discussing...here on forums we are working as traders helping traders....

Raghavacc

No body wants to share his her knowledge,
I differ. Saint, AW10, Shreenath,ST,Columbus ,Karthik,Dhiraj...... endless list ......all are sharing their valuable knowledge over here.

Great persons always feel joy in sharing.

Thats why traderji is one of the best school and then a university for traders.

@Annu,

Exactly.People think its gambling. Out of 100 ,99 people trade based on rumours, gossips,tips and guts. No need to talk about results.Its hard to convince public that there is a science ,art and psyche involved in trading.

Some questions remain unanswered forever.

Regards
Raghav

AW10

1.Most of the traders hesitate to call themselves as traders.
It is upto their own belife and self confidence in their own trading. If they themselves are not confident of their trading, certainly they won't be comfortable in telling it to others. But if they are, then they have the confidence to stand up and tell everybody that trading is not what everybody thinks.

Yes it is going against the crowd, and hence need lot more confidence in yourself to stand up and tell the truth.

Lets not forget, even they (non traders) know that lot of money can be made in market.

2.They are scared of Income tax assessment officer????
Don't know why ? Let them first make money from trading. IT officer has many big fishes to catch before they come to trader who is making 1 to 2l of profit in a year.

And tax is part of any business equally true for trading as well. Better to take it as cost of trading business and more on.
To a large extent it is upto trader's organisational skills. If they don't keep records like trader journal. bank's fund flow statement, source and utilisation of funds .. then it is obvious that they will be scared. (but that is true for other profession as well).

3.They are hesitant to reveal the software that they use ( Most of them use cracked one )
Using pirated or original software is upto individuals value system. Who are we to question. And as a trader, we must know that it is not software that makes money.. but the person who is using that software makes the money.
You just need good TA software, good trading platform, maybe account/trade journal software.. to survive here. Important is to know your own requirement from TA or trading perspective and find software/tool that supports those requirement and you are comfortable with it.

Many a time, a software with 100s of feature just makes it more daunting and complex to handle. By the way, do you konw how many feathre MS word/ Excel has and how many of them you use regularly.

So, if someone is not telling their software, let them keep it to themselve and live in their own world. The company that sold to them, is already advertising everywhere and most likely u would have seen their advert as well.

4.Overall their mentality is such that trading for them is like an underworld activity and it has to be carried secretly. why?why?why?
I think it is upto individual and their own belief. Maybe you have not met the right people, or they are not around u.

But important is to check your own belief. Are you one of them or Not ? Are you able to stand up, face the world and tell what u really do ?

Persoanlly, I have absolutely no problem in telling my friends, family about what I do(even my parents and in-law in their 60s know about it). Infact, many of my friends do come back and ask to learn the basics, or ask my views on their portfolio.

Just sharing my views on your question.

Happy Trading

Raghavacc

I think it is upto individual and their own belief. Maybe you have not met the right people, or they are not around u.
AW,

The above statement holds good for me.I have trading friends but none of them are really successful.So intensely searching for one.Hope I find one very soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also to support your view that "each individual has different value system" is reflected in the case below.

A senior trader in my city offered me to mentor when he saw my post here in traderji.He is almost a silent member and hardly writes in this forum.

I came to know that he is a successful trader and wanted to learn maximum from him. Initially He told me that he will do mentoring online and he won't expect anything in return.For few months he used to come online and guide me during live trading hours through messenger and web audio conference. I found that he has plenty of knowledge on market and he traded really well for past 14 years.

Then I came to know that all his interest was in selling me a cracked version of software for 1/4th of the cost through his friend located in Singapore.

Then one day I told I want to meet him personally and discuss lot of things on trading.Then once he heard the word" Meeting physically" he got scared I believe and just deleted my contact from the messenger and that's it.Even multiple mails were not replied.

Thats the reason I have raised those queries which is answered to its best.

This incident made me to think of the value system that trading community carries.I am talking from India perspective. Of course in western countries its a pure and dignified profession. I am extremely fortunate that here in this forum we have so many champions who selflessly help others to reach the station.

One of my senior wellwisher one day told me " In your life and profession you should have one master.Then only you can reach your destination in life as well as profession".

I got former.searching for the latter.

Further do want to note that this thread started for 2 objectives.

1.To find a Mentor - Though I could not find one physically this thread had showered plenty of novel insights.Thanks to all great veterans.Also it taught me something from the above mentioned incident.

2.Put my small effort to arrange a gathering of traders in Bangalore - This one still remains a distant dream. Thanks to plenty of responses that I have got.Firmly believe we will overcome this task asap.

Regards
Raghav

rajputz

you got me wrong raghav. i was not commenting on the forum members and seniors here, rather it was reply to annu regarding traders not helping in her locality. Traders on forum are really helpful here....

annu

No body wants to share his her knowledge, unknowingly that they can improve it by discussing...here on forums we are working as traders helping traders....

hi rajputz ,

fully agree with you . till now i get so much help from forum members. :)

btw i am not her i am his

regards

annu