My SBI net banking hacked?

Krushna

actually the transaction happened at some other account-

sms wrongly came to your mobile no-

additional confirmation- if its not reflected in your net-banking statement(view)

I may be wrong?
I dont think so coz the last log in time was matching SMS time even though I hadnt logged in to my net backing account for over a month.

Krushna

SMS does bear last 4 digits of the a/c for which the amount is debited.
Check the a/c if it belongs to you.
SMS doesnt bear the last 4 digits of account number. Even for the 50K transaction that I did, I have the SMS which doesnt have the account number.

VJAY

Dear Krushna,
Why you don't ask bank offcials about this serious matter?visiting branch.And I seen many sbi accounts some issues after merging of SBT here in kerala.Once visiting branch its rectified

Krushna

Dear Krushna,
Why you don't ask bank offcials about this serious matter?visiting branch.And I seen many sbi accounts some issues after merging of SBT here in kerala.Once visiting branch its rectified
Visited branch, told them, they gave a "clean chit" saying nothing has happened. :D
And told me to file police complaint, which I dont want to do, just stop using that account.
Why dont I want to file police complaint?
My neighbours, an elderly couple, goes for morning walk every day. Last year, two guys, at about 6 am, approached them very fast on bike and stole Aunty's "Mangalsutra" which was some 20 grams. They didnt file police complaint. Same reason. I fear that instead of giving resolution to my problem, they will start interrogating me.
And I have this experience: Once few years ago, my cell phone was stolen and I went to report it to the police station. There the Hawaldar was not ready to take the complaint as "theft", but under some other category like i "misplaced" it. And it was my first experience with police, so I insisted that it be registered as "theft", and he suddenly started kind of talking rude, but his message was clear. So I think I will avoid any complaint beyond the SBI branch as of now.

Last edited:

Raju

I would suggest you to use the below mentioned link and try to get answers on email .Verbal communication with call centre is not recommended.Also if they give some ticket id/no then always keep communication using that for that complaint.

Keep records of all mail communication with them.

https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/docume...STEP_NEW/3a58f1e6-80cf-4fc4-a471-49ddeb09e9dd

Also check the URL which you are using whether it is safe or not using link https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95617?hl=en
OR
And lastly put the same exact URL on following site ( Use copy paste , do not manually type )
http://scanurl.net/

Last edited:

Krushna

Sent "UNHAPPY" to 8008202020

Edit: In just a few moments, I got reply:
"Your SMS has arrived in SBI's HAPPY ROOM"

Seems I am the only UNHAPPY in their HAPPY ROOM lol

Krushna

deneb

Sent "UNHAPPY" to 8008202020

Edit: In just a few moments, I got reply:
"Your SMS has arrived in SBI's HAPPY ROOM"

Seems I am the only UNHAPPY in their HAPPY ROOM lol
Actually it is a good service. An official from the bank (instead of a customer care guy) would call you back.You can explain your problems in detail and he/she would forward your complaint to the correct department and will call you back .You can ask for the email id of the concerned department and then contact them directly.It works much faster. I have experienced all sorts of weird problems including one where my transaction was deemed a success but the amount was not debited from my account even after a week.I had to convince them to debit the amount from my account. :lol:

Last edited:

Krushna

Waiting for the call now.

I had to convince them to debit the amount from my account. :lol:
:rofl:

They are used to the likes of "Mallyas" so may be when the person whom you asked to debit your accounted reported it to his senior, the senior thought this guy is stoned and sent him home for the rest of the day.