My SBI net banking hacked?

mastermind007

Visited branch, told them, they gave a "clean chit" saying nothing has happened. :D
And told me to file police complaint, which I dont want to do, just stop using that account.
Why dont I want to file police complaint?
My neighbours, an elderly couple, goes for morning walk every day. Last year, two guys, at about 6 am, approached them very fast on bike and stole Aunty's "Mangalsutra" which was some 20 grams. They didnt file police complaint. Same reason. I fear that instead of giving resolution to my problem, they will start interrogating me.
And I have this experience: Once few years ago, my cell phone was stolen and I went to report it to the police station. There the Hawaldar was not ready to take the complaint as "theft", but under some other category like i "misplaced" it. And it was my first experience with police, so I insisted that it be registered as "theft", and he suddenly started kind of talking rude, but his message was clear. So I think I will avoid any complaint beyond the SBI branch as of now.
About two years ago, I had encountered a fraudulent transaction on my credit card worth 1000 Rs and my primary suspect was a bank employee. Did complain to issuing bank but they refused to do anything about. After elapse of 90 days (time needed by the bank to resolve the complaint), I gave written complaint to Police. Matter was sorted out quickly and money refunded back within 45 days.

What you can do is instead of narrating the story orally, you can write down your complaint on plain paper and submit that instead. Get acknowledgment from them.

Relish

This is really unique case. Digital system security lacking looks..

I tweeted this thread to official link of SBI on twitter. Since I had also bank account with SBI & SBP using same structure of security..

I also use "Calomel SSL Validation" add on to check broken link during transaction to sure there is always green light on left corner than red; if red exist those website.

Krushna

This is really unique case. Digital system security lacking looks..

I tweeted this thread to official link of SBI on twitter. Since I had also bank account with SBI & SBP using same structure of security..

I also use "Calomel SSL Validation" add on to check broken link during transaction to sure there is always green light on left corner than red; if red exist those website.
What if they (the hacker) have installed a keylogger on my laptop? What I mean is there are N number of ways in which our security can be compromised.

Krushna

One more feather in the hackers cap:
I changed my password, forgot it, made all the invalid attempts and was "locked of my account" a couple of days back. But that didnt stop the guy logging in to my account as I recieved one more SMS of failed transaction today.

travi

I changed my password, forgot it, made all the invalid attempts and was "locked of my account" a couple of days back. But that didnt stop the guy logging in to my account as I recieved one more SMS of failed transaction today.
Look at the bright side :D, so far, you have never been "actually" robbed. Therefore, SBI Security is working.
After the recent Yes Bank compromise, have you changed your debit card?

Krushna

Look at the bright side :D, so far, you have never been "actually" robbed. Therefore, SBI Security is working.
:lol:

After the recent Yes Bank compromise, have you changed your debit card?
Nope, not heard of it. But what has YES bank compromise to do with SBI bank card?

Relish

What if they (the hacker) have installed a keylogger on my laptop? What I mean is there are N number of ways in which our security can be compromised.

True for that keylogger, we need good antivirus & use SBI keypad which is always scrambled every time.

I think u r saved two things :: 1 OTP needed which comes on mobile ( I used different mobile number which is not shared to every one )

2 saved becos SBI card need PIN no when done transaction on POS

Those who swipe there card on YES bank ATM or pos then they need to change there card free of cost as report said .

Also check this one with bank

travi