My Pair Trading Journal

Can anyone please provide any excel or software for derivatives/eqity pair trading. Tryed downloading pairtrade finder but getting sql error while trying to open the s/w.
Need help from experts on pair trading.

pankajpari

RSITradeMaster
Can anyone please provide any excel or software for derivatives/eqity pair trading. Tryed downloading pairtrade finder but getting sql error while trying to open the s/w.
Need help from experts on pair trading.
Hi engg17, I doubt if anyone would share their excel which they use for Pairs Trading as each one would have incorporated their (proprietary) ideas after having done a lot of research and taking a lot of effort in developing the same.

I would recommend you to develop your own excel and a pairs trading strategy. You can goggle for such an excel, if there is any on the net or you can even check for the same on Youtube. On Youtube, you can search for 'Smart Finance' or 'Ranjan Panda', who has uploaded quite a few webinars that he conducts every now & then on Pairs Trading. He is also conducting one tomorrow (20th February 2014). The link for registering the same is mentioned below :
http://cache.nebula.phx3.secureserv...0MzIwYmVjYWJiZTExYzUyMzc3M2ZmOGY4NWZlZDY6Ojo6

You may even check out his website : www.smartfinancein.com

(Kindly note that I do not have any commercial interest in recommending Smart Finance. One of my friends recommended me this website and it has immensely helped me. Further, I would also like to inform that I have read mixed reviews about him and there are a quite a few people who do not find his strategies profitable but it is up to us as to how we can benefit from him.)

This will surely help you in building your own pairs trading model and will be a good starting point. Further, once you start developing your own excel, you can get in touch with me in case of any issues you face and I (or for that matter any one on Traderji) will be happy to assist you on the same.

All the very best.:thumb:

Thanks Pankaj for the information. As I am new to this strategy, need some help from all of you who are more experianced in this technique.
I was doing this thru Price ratio (Pair ratio) for last 2 yrs and +- 2/3 SD [(AVERAGE(range) + STDEV(range) *1/2/3)] to find the entry & exit position. But the SD price range varies with the range. If I consider 6 months or 1 yr or 2 yr range for SD calculation, this varies hugely. Also came to know from some site, that have to consider equibrilium shift with time.
Can anyone please guide me on this.

pankajpari

RSITradeMaster
Thanks Pankaj for the information. As I am new to this strategy, need some help from all of you who are more experianced in this technique.
I was doing this thru Price ratio (Pair ratio) for last 2 yrs and +- 2/3 SD [(AVERAGE(range) + STDEV(range) *1/2/3)] to find the entry & exit position. But the SD price range varies with the range. If I consider 6 months or 1 yr or 2 yr range for SD calculation, this varies hugely. Also came to know from some site, that have to consider equibrilium shift with time.
Can anyone please guide me on this.
Hi engg17, pls pm me your cell no. i.e., if you are in India, else your mail id and I will get in touch with you once I am free.:)

xsis

hi gulugulu

do u still use pairtradefinder software?

i downloaded the software. but nse/bse exchanges are not there even when i click the pair symbol on top extreme left? all exchnages of the world are there but nse/bse!

need ur help. thks

Hello

I have installed pair trade finder. How can I have new market with his symbols, please?

Cause, I into the symbol (forex) but the probram say me: error symbol. The symbol was yahoo because iq fee is very complicated conection.

Waiting help, thank you advance.

@GuluGulu

Hi,

i downloaded the pairtrade finder software. but Indian exchanges are not there even when i click the pair symbol on top extreme left? I sent a mail to pairtrade finder support team but they are not responding... please help me..

Thank you,

Riskyman

@GuluGulu

Hi,

i downloaded the pairtrade finder software. but Indian exchanges are not there even when i click the pair symbol on top extreme left? I sent a mail to pairtrade finder support team but they are not responding... please help me..

Thank you,
I sent PFT an email 10 minutes ago and they replied back in 3 minutes. Below is their reply

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Pairtrade Finder Support wrote:

​Yes, this is due to unavailabilty of data which should be temporary, try again in our future update.