My Pair Trading Journal

Pair trading is very simple. I have developed my own pair trading system website. You can also use excel. Though pair trading is easy you must make sure you choose the right stocks. I remember a trade where I lost a lot by pairing GAIL and ONGC. Historically the pair produced great backtest results but that day due to some oil pricing announcements the prices went wild. But these could have happened for straight traders also. While pair trading is always good to use some options for protection.

You can post your doubts on pair trading.

sr114

Pair trading is very simple. I have developed my own pair trading system website. You can also use excel. Though pair trading is easy you must make sure you choose the right stocks. I remember a trade where I lost a lot by pairing GAIL and ONGC. Historically the pair produced great backtest results but that day due to some oil pricing announcements the prices went wild. But these could have happened for straight traders also. While pair trading is always good to use some options for protection.

How to trade the BNF - NF fut pair trade?

rgds

This is the tool I use of pair trading. It is very satisfactory. Here's a screenshot of my all time favorite pair HDFC vs HDFC Bank

The backtest results of these pair is really amazing.

Till date it has always made profitable trades.

Nice to see active pair trader. i am also doing pair trading for more than 5 years. Regarding energy sector like hpcl, ioc, ongc, gail etc i have same experience as yours. keep developing and motivating people.

seems like you are a coder too as you have developed your website. good initiative.

Yeah because of my experience with other sectors I am focusing more and private banks these days. The fundamentals are similar so pairing them is logical.

I am a coder like you said. Just trying to use my skills with trading. Did you like the website and did u check the backtest section. Kindly give your suggestions and feedback.

I am planning for more features. I just want to keep it free so that everyone can use it. As of now I have added only f&o scrips as only there we can short.

You said you have been doing for 5 years.
Sometime I feel little nervous when positions move wildly. Do you use options to stay protected. Like buying buy puts or calls at long strikes?